Video: Airport security review ordered after drug crazed man armed with axe and fake gun storms Suvarnabhumi

webfact

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry mate, but you should be fired. A nutter on drugs got PASSED security and INTO the passengers. Should resign, as this nutter with no experience in terrorism made a complete mockery of your airport 'security !

To be fair, the only way to secure this properly would be with double gates. It was probably not this guy's own decision to only have single gates at the airport, but this was probably decided by some kind of "security task force" that made this decision.

RE - Airport security review ordered after drug crazed man armed with axe and fake gun storms Suvarnabhumi

* Nice try with a touch of creativity, BUT I think they should probably think in other directions to attract tourists - ???? the planned 300 baht fee may be a better option after all ....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry mate, but you should be fired. A nutter on drugs got PASSED security and INTO the passengers. Should resign, as this nutter with no experience in terrorism made a complete mockery of your airport 'security !

Happens all over the world .Not much can be done to stop a crazed gate  "piggybacker" on a moto. Guards make a call and alert security forces. It is not really Kittipong's fault really that International Airports are not all exactly like Trident sub bases or such with armed sentries and   double gates at all checkpoints. You will see that sometimes yes, but obviously not a 100 percent requirement. 

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/i-team-man-breaches-gates-drives-onto-las-vegas-airport-property-wearing-clown-mask-claiming-he-had-bomb/

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200602/p2a/00m/0na/018000c

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-heathrow-breach/man-sprints-onto-heathrow-runway-in-security-breach-idUKL1332626920080314

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Essaybloke said:

The guy obviously needs medical help more than he needs derision.

That old chestnut? He needs taken out of circulation would be a better appraisal! How often do you hear the following scenario (or similar)?

"I only beat up the old woman and stole her pension money because I was high on drugs" Magistrates reply:- "Oh, in that case you need help and counselling - case dismissed on condition that you agree to see a Drugs Counsellor every week"

In the meantime, law abiding citizens/visitors are under threat of persecution (prosecution?) for not adhering to antiquated laws!   

Edited by sambum

6 hours ago, swerve said:

Sounds to me like yabaa is involved.

"Taken into evidence was the fake gun, a 50 cm axe and one orange  yaba tablet in a plastic container as well as an item of gold jewelry."

I agree.

Edited by chang1

"Airport director Kittipong Kittikhajorn said that all the actions plans to mitigate such an incursion were in place...". I'm sorry, what?!?! Did someone quote heir director before he was aware of the events that had already transpired?

"All the actions and plans are in place to prevent the attack that just occurred". Well done, sir, well done!! ????

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was at Don Muang airport domestic a while ago, and saw a rucksack left on a seat with no-one in sight. I went to the nearest gate and told the airline employee about it, and she asked me what to do! I suggested that it might be a good idea to call security, which she did and they didn't answer! She then asked me to show her the bag and I walked up the terminal just behind her and she walked right past without even noticing it! When we returned to the gate there were another couple of bags left right by the entrance to the airbridge. I asked her about those and her response was 'Oh, they belong to the (Thai) crew'. 

And there you have Thai 'security'. It's like dealing with children. And any potential terrorists will be fully aware of its shortcomings. It's probably only a matter of time, especially with the unrest in the South.

I experienced the same thing at Heathrow, a suitcase sitting by itself, I told a security guy and pointed the case out. He just said that it probably belongs to someone sitting across the passageway, which was a good few mtrs wide, and just walked away.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Most secure airports have double gates at vehicle access points which contain vehicles.

They are allowed through the first gate which is then closed behind them, while the person/s are processed and the vehicle searched. They are then allowed through the second gate to air side areas.

Something very lax going on here.

"lunchtime" in Thailand!!...don't you know??

I saw this on the Thai TV. They also showed how he drove by the security gate and in to the airport, he was threatening staff with his gun and they took cover behind the truck they were supposed to let in.

It also looked like he fired his gun at least one time towards a staffer that hid for cover behind some fence.

Im not so sure that gun is fake, but did not seam to be able to fire more than one or two shots. It was it a starting gun that only make sound and no real bullets?

On 5/4/2022 at 5:07 PM, spidermike007 said:

1. Airport director Kittipong Kittikhajorn needs to resign immediately so they can hire someone who is competent. 

2. A thorough review of security procedures needs to take place. 

3. What on earth was this guy doing wearing a cloth mask? Masks are ridiculous and completely useless on a motorbike anyway. But, when you want to invade an international airport, it does not serve much of a purpose. It just looks even dumber than he looked already. 

Masks do work on a motorcycle but you have to use an umbrella as well for the full effect

• Haha 1

So this guy gets into the restricted area by following a pickup on his motorcycle.

Then he arms himself with his gun and axe.  So yes a review is necessary, and I am glad that

someone was brave enough to stop this guy. I do hope that this fellow is in jail for a long time

as his attempt to do damage to something was clear. Being high on drugs, did not make this

incident a non crime, so jail is the first place for this guy, and maybe a hospital in the jail

to check his health, although a drunk tank area to let him come off the drugs would be okay too.

Some posters seem to want someone fired, a bit quickly, but I guess that is just the knee jerk

reaction to this incident.

• 2 weeks later...