Get non-O, rent house & tabien baan

Hi everyone,

I planne to come back soon with a visa exempt.
My goal is to apply for a non-O once i will be in thailand.
Problem, i've read that when you rent a house, you need to show a copy of the tabien baan of the owner of the house?
The real estate company told me that the tabien baan is not easy to get because the owner is abroad and they don't know when he will be back.
The renting contract with the real estate company is not enough?
Is it mandatory?
I am a bit worry because i have the required money on my thai bank account, i am married, i have a son (which is mine with thai nationality of course)
I've already rented the house and my apply could be rejected because of the tabien baan?
I know that it is possible to obtain it with a visa agency but it cast about 25.000 thb and it is a pity because i have the money.
So, could you help / give opinion regarding my problem.

Thank you.

When proving your address a rental agreement with signed copies of the owners ID card and house book registry is normally required.

I would think the owner should be able sign a copy of them, scan it and send it by email.

Good morning @ubonjoe,

As usual, thank you very much for your answer and your expertise.

Going to check this possibility but not easy.
To be clear, the owner of the house is not in is born country and not in Thailand and last time, the manager of the real eastate agency has to give is own tabien baan and his ID card.
The immigration has accepted the documents maybe because i've used also a visa agent (i paid for it).
Now, i would like to try to avoid a visa agent which cost a certain price... And i am not optimistic ????

They want this as evidence that you are legally staying there.

How do you know that the actual owner of the house allowed the real estate company to rent out the house? The house book does not prove this 100%, but it's at least some evidence.

It has happened in the past that "real estate agents" rented out properties where the owner didn't know about it and pocketed the rent, then one day the owner showed up and kicked the "tenant" out.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1

To @ubonjoe and to all,

Please, is a real estate agency must have the copy of the house book registry and the copy of the owner' ID card of the house to rent it to a foreigner?

I guess that a real estate agency knows that when they rent a house to a foreigner he may needs these papers.
What do you think?

Thank you.

I would hardly believe that the company renting the house doesnt have the house book or owner id. Im not an expert but my mind says theres no way they dont have that 2 things and imagine they are real estate agency and doing this job legaly.. nahh

Change the place you will stay. Before doing that tell this to the company. Im sure that tabian ban and the id will appear in 1 day ????

Edited by problemfarang

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

If your wife is already here, why not stay where she is staying? OR, if money's not an issue, buy something like a condo.

Her location is not suitable.
Income are ok butnot enough to buy a condo / house ????

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

I would hardly believe that the company renting the house doesnt have the house book or owner id. Im not an expert but my mind says theres no way they dont have that 2 things and imagine they are real estate agency and doing this job legaly.. nahh

Change the place you will stay. Before doing that tell this to the company. Im sure that tabian ban and the id will appear in 1 day ????

Thank you for your opinion.

I'm going to speak with them (the agency) but few years ago and as told prevouisly they didn't have the tabien baan.
In fact, it is a big real estate agency so i don't believe they could be not correct, just i don't really know if the owner is outside thailand and lazy to go to the related administration to get the tabien baan or if the real estate company is lazy for any other reason? 
I used their services for several years without problem and i can't bealieve that they are not correct
I've paid already the deposit (to book the house) but hope they could give me the required documents...
I am a bit lost.

8 hours ago, kokool said:

Thank you for your opinion.

I'm going to speak with them (the agency) but few years ago and as told prevouisly they didn't have the tabien baan.
In fact, it is a big real estate agency so i don't believe they could be not correct, just i don't really know if the owner is outside thailand and lazy to go to the related administration to get the tabien baan or if the real estate company is lazy for any other reason? 
I used their services for several years without problem and i can't bealieve that they are not correct
I've paid already the deposit (to book the house) but hope they could give me the required documents...
I am a bit lost.

I see. Again, im thinking that they cannot rent or do the legal things without at least a copy of the house boom and the owner id. But if you trust tge agency.. cannot say more.

Hope you will solve the problem soon

8 hours ago, kokool said:

I am a bit lost.

This won't help much but a similar experience from different angle.

As recently as last Saturday my partner (Thai) rented out a townhouse to a farang. 

She had to provide the agent with her ID and blue book etc so that the agent could organize TM30 for new tenant. 

Surprised the agent in your case was not able to organize the TM30.

Would have been my first question.

BTW OP, you refer to "house" how as a foreigner can he own a house. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maestro said:

Who said the owner of the house was a foreigner?

Good point.

Bottom line is the owner should have better communication with agent and provide required docs as per what my Thai partner had to provide outlined in previous post.

Will be interesting what happens when there is issue with dwelling for repairs etc.

I suggest anyone looking to rent to avoid owners that are difficult to contact. 

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 12:04 PM, DrJack54 said:

This won't help much but a similar experience from different angle.

As recently as last Saturday my partner (Thai) rented out a townhouse to a farang. 

She had to provide the agent with her ID and blue book etc so that the agent could organize TM30 for new tenant. 

Surprised the agent in your case was not able to organize the TM30.

Would have been my first question.

BTW OP, you refer to "house" how as a foreigner can he own a house. 

Thanks for the post. This is exactly what i tried to say. Im pretty sure they have the ID and blue book. Probably the owners told them not to give anyone.

Apologies, I'm out of my element here. I've never rented; only lived with my wife in her home(s). So I've never had to deal with immigration on this issue. 

But in the dealings I HAVE had, virtually every scrap of paper required an original, blue-ink signature on it (except online filings, of course). 

I ask, of course, because copies obtained from the Rental Agent or received by email from the owner.......... would STILL be lacking these (seemingly mandatory) blue-ink signatures. 

Again, apologies if this is wrong for this situation. But in case it's right, I thought it was worth mentioning before  you're standing in front of an unhappy Immigration Officer. ????????????

(My wife's blue-ink signature was certainly required on the book/ID copies submitted with my TM47 extension application, 2 1/2 weeks ago. Some were copies of previous copies, and already had her photocopied signature on them. They required her to sign those fresh. So, I dunno!) 

Cheers and Good Luck! 

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy