Dtak sim v AIS sim

Is it necessary to have your phones Roaming on to make a call to the UK ? I have been through hell trying to contact Nationwide Bank for 3 days! and before anybody asks yes I did use all the correct digits and not the cheap rate prefix. Got through on their 'if phoning from abroad' number that is for reporting lost or stolen cards;

It rang and got the robot press 1 , 2 or 3 depending on why you are calling, what ever number i pressed after a few seconds it cut out.

So I decided to use my AIS sim to ring them this morning (1 am uk time) and low and behold got through first time to an extremely helpful  lady who sorted my problem out in minutes (i couldn't log into internet banking). And yes it was a happy ending .

• Like 1

I would avoid the low-cost prefixes (00400, 004, 008, 009) or 00500, 005 for AIS, 00600, 006 for True for these types of calls as they use toll bypass, and VoIP gateways.

Just use +44.

Yes, it will be more expensive.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I would avoid the low-cost prefixes (00400, 004, 008, 009) or 00500, 005 for AIS, 00600, 006 for True for these types of calls as they use toll bypass, and VoIP gateways.

Just use +44.

Yes, it will be more expensive.

If you read my post that is exactly what I did, at first I used the 006 got through but went off, then just +44  same same, with AIS no problem and pressed the required number. wasn't worried about the cost anymore I needed to speak to a Human and 'Emma' was very human.

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You'll get through ok but it will be expensive, better to use Skype app and it's 1p a minute to UK landline, AIS might even charge a £1 a minute, worth a check

2 hours ago, pjmorton said:

Long waits and intricate menu interactions with robots are the norm. Skype works fine for making calls but of course for receiving calls you have to put up with the horrible foghorn sound effects.

I don't receive Skype calls, get the person to call your mobile or Line or WhatsApp. For mobile I don't answer if it's International, i just call them back using Skype

23 hours ago, brianthainess said:

If you read my post that is exactly what I did, at first I used the 006 got through but went off, then just +44  same same,

006 is a TrueMove low-cost prefix so that might not work with DTAC?

For the most part, locally originated "standard" international mobile calls get routed onto trunks operated by the CAT/TOT now known as NT Telecom, a State Enterprise, and then get handed off in the U.K.

There shouldn't be a lot of difference. But apparently, for you, there was.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, scubascuba3 said:

You'll get through ok but it will be expensive, better to use Skype app and it's 1p a minute to UK landline, AIS might even charge a £1 a minute, worth a check

It’s actually double that, though it’s still cheap and very good, my last 53 minute call cost $1.30