Can you "cut" the older non pop out Sims to fit a new device ??

Chivas

I have an older Truemove Sim and guessing quite old now in fact

Now common sense would say get a new Sim and dont sweat the small stuff but obviously others that know the number would find it inactive subsequently

Can I cut the damn thing lol or is it likely to destroy it ??

I'm not in Thailand and dont want to lose it with OTP in play for the banks ??

Yes done it a few times years ago. They sell little punches to do it but you can just print a template online, stick it on and cut round it. You wont destroy it as long as you don't cut into the chip. 

3 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Also if you go to a True shop they should be able to move your number over to a new micro sim.  Provided that the original sim is registered in your name.... ????

image.png.14df442a07ceec58ad9c61934e251916.png

Depends on how old the SIM is. If relatively new, then the chip will be small and fit into nano SIM size, but if the SIM is older, there could be circuit larger than the nano cutout size, and by cutting it, you would destroy it. I've done that before ????

Many SIMs are combos, and are already pre-stamped with 3 sizes, you just need to pop it out, rather than cutting it. If yours is not, be careful and if it isn't printed, try to see through by light behind it, whether all the circuitry is inside the area you plan to cut out. As said, newer SIMs of past few years will certainly be, but something from 5 years ago likely wouldn't.

I'm sure that in any cell phone store in any country you will have no problem cutting the old SIM card with a special device, especially since there is nothing complicated about it. I just did not go anywhere and cut my old SIM card myself (according to a template). All you need for this is to have any new SIM card, just cut it out of paper to make a template for trimming. You can glue the template where you will trim the micro SIM card, but if you are afraid to get the glue on the chip, just attach the template to the SIM and trace it with a thin pencil or marker in the cut areas. It's best to cut out the new SIM with thin scissors. To avoid jagged edges on the plastic, try to trim each side in one motion. 

• Like 1