Buy a second hand car at toyota sure

Hi, what is required to buy a second hand car at toyota sure?

I will start working on 22 May with a 70 000 salary, I got free accommodation but I have to take care of my 2 daughters 5 and 7 year old and I don't have a car, my ex wife keeps it.

I'm starting from 0, I can save quickly for the downpayment or try to borrow some money. I can provide my company work contract and what else would be required?

For finance they probably want to see your work permit and work contract.

If your finances are tight and you live in Bangkok just taking a taxi might be an alternative to owning a car. Even if you have a cheap car, add the cost for fuel, that's easily 10k per month, for this you can do quite some trips with a taxi.

work contract I can even bring my boss, for the work permit it will take a bit more time, I will take an agency to help me to get it but I have so many other things to do before.

Are you sure for the work permit?

2 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

work contract I can even bring my boss, for the work permit it will take a bit more time, I will take an agency to help me to get it but I have so many other things to do before.

Are you sure for the work permit?

No I'm not sure, this is why I said "probably".

It could also depend on the dealer and which finance company or bank is used, the requirements might vary.

So as the previous poster said, ask the dealer for a definitive answer.

I just bought a new car from Toyota, they couldn't have been more helpful.

I don't work, so the finance is in the wifes name - but they still wanted to see my financials. We needed 3 months banks statements, 3 copies of house book, 3 copies of ID card, in your case your work permit. I presume it to be the same with their used car division.

They couldn't do enough for us, the sales guy was ok, and then when he saw our bank statements he went all in to help, they must love westerners. The sales guy said he knew who was worth helping along by their actions and the questions they asked.

Another mate got turned down, they told him exactly what to do and he was accepted for finance three months later.

Again, just go and speak to them. I was really amazed at the service.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

I can rent a car sometimes but it's quite expensive and taxi are not easy to find where I will be.

Get a Thai DL when you can and by a cheap s/h car from a tent and get your boss to put it in his name if he is Thai. 

2 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

what is a thai DL and a cheap s/h?

Thai driving license if you have not got a valid  home driving license to be able to drive in Thailand.

s/h is secondhand cars which are the same as cars sold at Toyota Sure but at a Bangkok tent you can get a car cheap. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thai driving license if you have not got a valid  home driving license to be able to drive in Thailand.

s/h is secondhand cars which are the same as cars sold at Toyota Sure but at a Bangkok tent you can get a car cheap. 

thank you for your answer, I have a thai driving license. Can you also pay monthly at the tent? no need work permit there?

Do not buy a car until you can save enough to pay cash for it.

What happens if your 70,000 baht job disappears through no fault of your own?

Take songthaews and taxis in the meantime.

29 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

thank you for your answer, I have a thai driving license. Can you also pay monthly at the tent? no need work permit there?

I am not sure buddy if your boss is Thai then he can sort something out and get you a work permit quickly. 

Bear in mind Second hand car loans are more expensive than new. MG does good deals. 

Edited by Kwasaki

18 hours ago, Lolothai said:

Can you also pay monthly at the tent? no need work permit there?

Yes, you can but if you buy using finance you will always need a work permit.   It's the banks/finance companies that make that stipulation, dealers or used car tents do not provide the finance themselves.

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, you can but if you buy using finance you will always need a work permit.   It's the banks/finance companies that make that stipulation, dealers or used car tents do not provide the finance themselves.

I am not recommending they be used, but many used car/bike dealers offer their own financing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:
24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I am not recommending they be used, but many used car/bike dealers offer their own financing. 

You mean the dealer/tent owner lets customers drive away on a deposit and the promise of monthly repayments to him, not to a finance company?   If you say so.    I can't imagine why any dealer would risk his own capital that way when they can easily get finance companies to pay them for using their money?    

59 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean the dealer/tent owner lets customers drive away on a deposit and the promise of monthly repayments to him, not to a finance company? 

Yes

If you say so.

I do

I can't imagine why any dealer would risk his own capital that way when they can easily get finance companies to pay them for using their money?    

Because they can easily sell more vehicles more quickly and make much more money by carrying their own paper. What do they do with their money now? Put it in the bank and draw 1%? 

They also do their own repossessions and just resell the vehicles.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes

I do

Because they can easily sell more vehicles more quickly and make much more money by carrying their own paper. What do they do with their money now? Put it in the bank and draw 1%? 

They also do their own repossessions and just resell the vehicles.  

They keep the blue book as well until fully paid. 

21 hours ago, Lolothai said:

thank you for your answers, so I will have to get a work permit first that's annoying.

How do you work without work permit? Toyota wants someone with a stable job and predictable income.

My gf bought a new Hilux a few years ago, they even came to see where we live, eventually we had to put 40% deposit to get the car, as at the time her business income was not that stable and predictable.

She paid the balance on the loan in full after one year, but there were some penalties for early payments, so if you intend to pay it faster check the terms and conditions.