Dashcam with motion detection capture

Hi folks, I'm looking for reliable dashcam with motion capture recording with buffer recording. 

Currently I'm using transcend (4000baht) connected to odb port which can capture motion detection even with my engine turned off. 

But the problem with this cam is that it starts recording after around 3 sec after motion is detected. 

I'm googled, YouTube to death, but couldn't be sure of which brand can get the buffer recording. 

Any experts out there can revi me a good brand?? 

We have very recently had fitted a Blackvue DR900X+.  Basically for the recording quality. 

It can be made to record for 20Hrs but you need to also buy their expensive power pack… we didn’t.

with a bit of ingenuity it’s probably possible to use your own power pack

2 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

We have very recently had fitted a Blackvue DR900X+.  Basically for the recording quality. 

It can be made to record for 20Hrs but you need to also buy their expensive power pack… we didn’t.

Couldn't you rig up an extra battery say in the boot space for such devices.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Couldn't you rig up an extra battery say in the boot space for such devices.

Ah ... forgot to mention that you can have the camera wired directly into a live supply, via a fuse of course, and can set the cut-off voltage to whatever you want ... that stops the battery draining excesively ... however if your vehicle is still under warranty, as ours is, then not the best of ideas.

We had the supply taken from a spare cigrette lighter socket. suppose could connect in an external power pack.    

2 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Ah ... forgot to mention that you can have the camera wired directly into a live supply, via a fuse of course, and can set the cut-off voltage to whatever you want ... that stops the battery draining excesively ... however if your vehicle is still under warranty, as ours is, then not the best of ideas.

We had the supply taken from a spare cigrette lighter socket. suppose could connect in an external power pack.    

Hence the extra battery in the boot set up independently wired other than the use of the alternator on engine start up. 

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Have you been happy with the unit?

What about the installation? 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Have you been happy with the unit?

What about the installation? 

Only had it a few days…have yet to pull the SD card out and look at night time number plates on my pc.

MrsJ and myself both have the app on our phones.

Have been wanting this model for some while. Just took sometime getting used to shelling out that amount of money on a car cam.

Then Thinkware had a so-called sale and 2000Baht off. I think the price may still be the same now though. As paid cash instead of CC I think it came out at 14,132 Baht… for the two channel.

Yes a huge price but if it saves me a lot of hassle in the future, then well worth it. FYI it is not their top model!

Thinkware fitted it … included in the price. Their LINE account is carcamkorea and the guy there speaks and writes english.

43 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Only had it a few days…have yet to pull the SD card out and look at night time number plates on my pc.

MrsJ and myself both have the app on our phones.

Have been wanting this model for some while. Just took sometime getting used to shelling out that amount of money on a car cam.

Then Thinkware had a so-called sale and 2000Baht off. I think the price may still be the same now though. As paid cash instead of CC I think it came out at 14,132 Baht… for the two channel.

Yes a huge price but if it saves me a lot of hassle in the future, then well worth it. FYI it is not their top model!

Thinkware fitted it … included in the price. Their LINE account is carcamkorea and the guy there speaks and writes english.

And the installation was professional? 

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

And the installation was professional? 

Yes… they discuss with you where you want the camera located and where to take the supply from. Nearly all the wiring is hidden. If you have an EO rear window blind make sure the guy positions the camera so that the blind clears it.

No complaints at all….so far…