Car seats set to be mandatory for children up to age 6 in Thailand - more laws to curb street racing

webfact

18 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

They need to put their money where their mouth is then and bring Childrens Car Seats down to a price people can afford; have you seen the price of them here ?

Anyway; more window dressing to make it appear to The World (yes; that big place outside the Bubble that Thailand lives in ) that all is well for Health&Safety in La La Land !

Well I just checked on Lazada, before i made a similar comment, and of course it depends on what level of safety will be followed here, they are from 300B - 30,000B Still I guess the cheap one is better than naff all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pol Maj Gen Jirasant Kaewsaeng-ek, deputy commissioner of the MPB, said the new rule under the Land Traffic Act would take effect in the next 120 days or on Sept 5 and it was intended to save children in the event of a traffic accident.

While 4-up on a Honda wave with a baby on your knee will continue?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Article 123 has been amended and will mean that all children aged up to 6 years old will have to be in a car seat.

Honestly officer he is 7yrs old  , just looks young for his age, ????  and just a late developer. no he can't walk or talk yet, and still loves his bottle ???? ."the diaper?" Oh yes poor soul incontinent too. :unsure:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

or find a method to guarantee the child’s safety on their vehicle.

just lash them down on the rear tray, or roof rack.

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

And for kids over six?

They drive the motor bike.

• Haha 1