Parking At The Border In Nong Kai?

I'm hoping to drive to the border tomorrow but I haven't got a "car passport" for driving into Laos. Someone told me that I could leave my car at the Thai side of the border with the immigration officials, who will watch over it for a small fee?

Has anyone done this, is it crazy? I just bought this new car, and am a bit worried to park right at the border, but I also really want to drive this new car, and the thought of a long bus ride isn't too appealing.

Is there any safe place to park in Nong Kai?

I would appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks,

John

I'm hoping to drive to the border tomorrow but I haven't got a "car passport" for driving into Laos. Someone told me that I could leave my car at the Thai side of the border with the immigration officials, who will watch over it for a small fee?

Has anyone done this, is it crazy? I just bought this new car, and am a bit worried to park right at the border, but I also really want to drive this new car, and the thought of a long bus ride isn't too appealing.

Is there any safe place to park in Nong Kai?

I would appreciate any comments on this.

Thanks,

John

If youve fully paid for the car & got the ownership book in your name, then you should be able to get the ITP "car passport" in Nong Khai.

No parking at the actual border by the bridge, but pick a good hotel to stay in Nong Khai at & it should be ok.

If you have a 1st class insurance you dont need to worry cuz if someone stole your car the insurance company will get you a new ride lol