Where do you recommend staying in Bangkok?

Farang123

What are your favorite areas to stay in Bangkok? I'm coming in from the states and will stay a few nights in BKK before traveling elsewhere. In the past I stayed around Sukhumvit 11. I'm open to trying something new and there are a lot of good deals on hotels now (from what I can see)

If you're coming for "Boom-Boom" stay on Sukhumvit, if you're coming for shopping stay near Siam Square or National Stadium, if you're coming to see the usual tourist spots then look at Khoa San Road.

The 1st 2 you can ride BTS everywhere and the last 1 has tour services like "Red Bus" and walking distance to shops and restaurants. :wai:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if you like Soi Cowboy then stay near Asoke.

If you like Nana Plaza stay near Nana.

If you like both then I would stay in between.

I enjoy Dream Hotel Bangkok on Soi 15 as a go between.

This is very close to Thermae.

if you want to spend more money there are other options on Sukhumvit.

Edited by PoodThaiMaiDai
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

If you're coming for "Boom-Boom" stay on Sukhumvit, if you're coming for shopping stay near Siam Square or National Stadium, if you're coming to see the usual tourist spots then look at Khoa San Road.

The 1st 2 you can ride BTS everywhere and the last 1 has tour services like "Red Bus" and walking distance to shops and restaurants. :wai:

Not coming for "Boom-Boom" but I still kinda like Sukhumvit. I don't really know anything else so that's why I am looking for suggestions. I wouldn't stay on Khao San if they paid me to????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

You don't mention affordability so if money isn't a prime consideration I would stay at the Landmark on Sukhumvit.

There is a great discount on Agoda right now.

There are some really good deals now. I don't think there is any need to spend more than $60 a night.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Farang123 said:

Not coming for "Boom-Boom" but I still kinda like Sukhumvit. I don't really know anything else so that's why I am looking for suggestions. I wouldn't stay on Khao San if they paid me to????

Khoa San is nothing like it used to be - 90% cleaned up both before and due to covid. The #30 bus route runs along 1 end and is about 10 minutes from Victory Monument so you'd also have VM as an option for hotels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taco Bell killed Soi 11 for me. Check out the area near the Ibis Hotel on the river. Very walkable.

Ari neighborhood is lower on the concrete scale and arty. Behind MBK mall is a nice green area.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 4:12 AM, Farang123 said:

Not coming for "Boom-Boom" ... I don't really know anything else so that's why I am looking for suggestions

how about fresh touristic experience? stay in Northern Rangsit - they've got a fine golf green

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Khoa San is nothing like it used to be - 90% cleaned up both before and due to covid. The #30 bus route runs along 1 end and is about 10 minutes from Victory Monument so you'd also have VM as an option for hotels.

Phra Arthit by the river is a lovely area to stay. Samsen Road area has great local Thai food. Big city hotels without local feel are not great for me. Hope you find a perfect place for your needs.

Bangkok has three centres - they  are the old town around Banglampoo; Silom Rd/ Surawong and the Sukhumvit  area. See if you can get a river side  deal on the silom Rd side or a place near the old temples in the old town. Sukhumvit  is not very pretty

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 11:12 PM, Farang123 said:

Silom not so far from the Lumphini Park and Icon Siam. Got everything you would admire in a big city. 

I usually stay at the Marriott but if you are looking for good value and location, consider the iCheck Inn on Soi 2. I stayed there for a month several years ago. It is fairly modern the rooms are good sized and include a full sized refrigerator.,  microwave. There is no pool.

It is also very quiet.

I checked for next week Agoda $21 a night.

Chatrium hotel riverside bangkok is good - you have Asiatique next door ( shopping / restaurants ).

I'd split my time. Obv' you know Suk' Soi 11 - always a good starting place.

13 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Based on recent videos, they haven't cleaned it of amateur-drinker backpackers sucking on helium.