Getting a visa or passport to travel overseas may take longer

7 hours ago, Onerak said:

US passport is taking 8-11 weeks if applied in USA. Priority  services with additional fees taks 5 weeks but I got mine in 3. There are agent assisted services they can get your passport in two days for $650 additional fees. 

Hi - can you share the names of the agencies - do they also do visas to US for Thai citizens? The US Embassy told us they weren't even scheduling new interviews till November! Thanks

Not for a Thai passport it's not.

Just got one done on Phuket and it took less than 48 hours including postage! Cost 1000B.

Of course a Thai passport isn't worth the paper it's written on and getting the visa they'll need to go literally anywhere will take months but still, why can't so-called "developed" countries manage this?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madmitch said:

On their website they also state that priority processing is unavailable at the moment. However that hasn't stopped the VFS office from accepting money for a non-existent service.

I've submitted a formal complaint as I sponsored a relative yet the UK visa office sat on the passport for three weeks after making their decision before returning it to Bangkok despite us having paid for priority service. 

Just a warning for anyone considering this 

Visit visa?

UKVI have publicized the temporary suspension of priority processing on settlement visas but still offer it on visit visas.

They also wont explain what they're doing with anyone who paid for priority processing before it was cancelled but is still stuck in the system.

Standard applications for visit visas are taking 6 weeks. I had one done in 7 in March.

Are you saying you paid for priority processing on a UK visit visa and it took 3 weeks?

That's the Dutch for you ... Customs in Netherlands took 7 weeks to clear an EMS parcel from TH valued just $25.00 for an item sent for repair this month and no reason for delay or way to contact them. It just sat there collecting dust. No different for a visa. No point in paying money (or taxes) and expecting efficiency from any type of Gov't authority or those contracted to work for them these days.

5 hours ago, Big Bert said:

skyscanner.png

I am flying to Mcr as visiting friends in York

I got a fare equivalent to 2700 UK pounds return

A few months ago they were considerably cheaper but I don’t like the cold weather and still had restrictions when you returned.

It took a lot of trawling around but I am flexible on dates but didn’t want a  long stop over in Doha or wherever I got an hour each way with this booking 

A few years ago flew business class with Oman Air had  never heard of them before they were good but don’t seem to being flying where I want to go.

1 hour ago, Captain Jack said:

Visit visa?

UKVI have publicized the temporary suspension of priority processing on settlement visas but still offer it on visit visas.

They also wont explain what they're doing with anyone who paid for priority processing before it was cancelled but is still stuck in the system.

Standard applications for visit visas are taking 6 weeks. I had one done in 7 in March.

Are you saying you paid for priority processing on a UK visit visa and it took 3 weeks?

It seems they may have changed the rules again. They had a yellow warning at the top of the page stating that all priority services had been suspended at one point. This has now gone and there's now a warning that applies to study and family visas.

But, in repsonse to your final question, the priority service (not super prioity) for which we paid 10,000 baht took four weeks. The decision appears to have been made quickly but it then took them an additional three weeks to return the passport!

2 hours ago, yang123 said:

Brain doesn't seem to be working today.  Where, precisely, does one book online a  Trendy appointment for passport renewal?

Can't find any windows on  https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/hmpo

Thanks in advance!

Windows?? What windows?

The link you gave is the correct one. read it thoroughly and do what it says

You contact VFS by email with a choice of 3 days/times to submit your appliation.  Choose days at least 10 days in advance, and do not try for June now..they likely as noy have not opened their June booking as yet!

5 hours ago, DolphinSpriit said:

Hi - can you share the names of the agencies - do they also do visas to US for Thai citizens? The US Embassy told us they weren't even scheduling new interviews till November! Thanks

I was talking about passport for US citizens while in the US. Not visas. There must be scores of visa services in Bangkok for US visas that can help you. I never needed any visas for US so I don't know. Thanks

13 hours ago, madmitch said:

On their website they also state that priority processing is unavailable at the moment. However that hasn't stopped the VFS office from accepting money for a non-existent service.

I've submitted a formal complaint as I sponsored a relative yet the UK visa office sat on the passport for three weeks after making their decision before returning it to Bangkok despite us having paid for priority service. 

Just a warning for anyone considering this 

I am in the UK and renewed my passport last month. I did it online and it took just over two weeks.  However it is very hit or miss, even applying in the UK.  We are now being warned here to allow 8 to 10 weeks for processing.  With the expected culling of the civil servants you can expect that to at least double, if not quadruple!  Leave to remain visas were running at 10 months but is being extended again shortly.

On 5/16/2022 at 7:22 AM, hotchilli said:

I think I'll sit tight this year, let all the madness pass-by first.

My Thai family my wife and 2 Grandchildren, they under 20 years and everything seems so very complicated and very very expensive and the eldest keep badgering when are we going on holiday to the UK.
Keep trying to explain everything is much more difficult and certainly more expensive and think might leave it for at least a couple of years and many people still run the risk of getting stranded.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I am in the UK and renewed my passport last month. I did it online and it took just over two weeks.

There seems to be a vast difference between the speed of dealing with online and paper applications. Maybe that's because online applications can be dealt with remotely, whilst the paper ones are piling up in empty offices?

Unfortunately we in Thailand don't have the option of applying online.

2 hours ago, jwest10 said:

they under 20 years and everything seems so very complicated and very very expensive and the eldest keep badgering when are we going on holiday to the UK.

Tell them to get a job, save up and go when they have enough money.

My brother in Glasgow renewed his passport last month. From application to receipt of the new one took 24 days. Since registered airmail to UK take 5 to 7 days each way it would make sense to get a relative in UK to do it for you. The on line application works just as well from overseas.

On 5/17/2022 at 4:35 AM, Eff1n2ret said:

There seems to be a vast difference between the speed of dealing with online and paper applications. Maybe that's because online applications can be dealt with remotely, whilst the paper ones are piling up in empty offices?

Unfortunately we in Thailand don't have the option of applying online.

I was surprised how simple and straightforward it was.  Had to go to a photo booth for the photograph that is then automatically uploaded and you are given a reference code to put on your on-line application.  It then appears on your screen for confirmation.  Brilliant!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...