Som Tam seller shoots creditor in his shop who came to call in a debt owed by his wife

webfact

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Screwed up his whole life aver a 10,000 baht debt... nutter.

I wonder how the wife was unaware she owed the money.... thought it was a gift like happens on Judge Judy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Had a similar discussion with a British friend back home this morning, like always his oik are suffering and the wealthy (who lose 1/5th of their wealth to inflation or market pull backs) are to blame. lol

- his wife has a habit of spending all the money on AMZ

Amazon?

14 hours ago, Grusa said:

If the gun in the picture is the weapon used, it is a very strange looking shotgun?

It looks very much like Derya MK-12 IP which despite appearances, is a 12 gauge shotgun.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, hughrection said:

I think the laws in Thailand allow him to defend himself on his own property. He may walk or get a very short sentence.

Not sure that applies when you're in a commercial premises rather that your own private dwelling, plus it would surely have to be the case that the other person was the aggressor (the article doesn't provide any evidence one way or the other).

You can't just shoot someone simply because they're on your property.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

"Consequences?  I don't like those.  This makes me mad!"

fight, fight fight

"Losing a fight?  I like that even less than consequences.  Now I'm even more mad!"

shoot, shoot, shoot

"Aaah.  That's better.  Murder and off to jail for me.  It was definitely worth it over a few thousand Baht."

And so it goes...

You seem to lend your support to the violent criminals who run the loan sharking business  and not the poor people, poor desperate  people who are their victims. Even in the UK some 25 thousand victims of extreme  hardship  and poverty turn to loan sharks but help networks are being set up, community  banks and prosecution of the illegal, unlicensed  money lenders. Its a vile  trade and if one of vermin who act as collectors get shot its no great loss- such extortionatists live by a code of violence.

• Confused 1

Making the world a better place to live...

I remember a lady neighbor screaming on her balcony, asking for help, to pay a loan shark, who was threatening to come and kill her.

Loan sharks do not understand that in any business, you sometimes incur losses, and it should be ok as long as you end up with a profit. Their prey on vulnerable people, with business practices that are nothing short of 'evil'.

16 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Banks serve communities including small businesses. They have duties and obligations which balance their licence  to make money.

Sorry, I disagree. 

Retail banks do not have duties, nor obligations, to communities and small businesses", they are private companies, not community credit unions or state agencies. Their duties and obligations are only to their customers and shareholders and those obligations do not include bad lending policies.   Their banking licences do not obligate them to do anything to "balance their licences".

I remember a massage shop where I used to go.
One of the massagists owed money to a loan shark.
This indian guy turned up every night, after her shift to get a cut of her earnings.

Despicable people. 10% or more a month.
Someone should give them a proper beating on a dark summer evening.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You seem to lend your support to the violent criminals who run the loan sharking business  and not the poor people, poor desperate  people who are their victims.

Not in the slightest.  The guy went mad, fought the guy, got beaten, then murdered him.  This isn't some great stand against predatory lending.

It's not OK to kill people just because they beat you in a fight, even if you're Thai.

• Like 1

Back in the 1990s when I was living in Bangkok the collectors came around every night to the girls and collect a portion to pay off their loans.

The borrowing rate was 20 baht per 1,000 borrowed,

PER DAY.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Not in the slightest.  The guy went mad, fought the guy, got beaten, then murdered him.  This isn't some great stand against predatory lending.

It's not OK to kill people just because they beat you in a fight, even if you're Thai.

Just a pitiful  attempt  at Thai  bashing.

Anyway AFAIC These parasites gangster scum - the leg breakers and bullies who enforce criminal loan rates for unlicensed thugs deserve a good slap and deserve  no sympathy if they get hurt.  They live by violence and threats- The death of any of these racketeering bullies is a form  of justice. They are a cancer in Thai society. You weep for them - I don't. One less bad guy dead.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

You're totally right!  Killing loan sharks with a shotgun is totally normal.  Actually it's a good thing.  Everyone should do this and anyone who says otherwise is a "Thai basher". ???? ????

Crickey, do they sell tickets to whatever planet you are on?  It must be an interesting place.

Totally agree. Some are just not needed, not required, just consume oxygen and take up space. Sort of like human vampires. I can think of many here, who will remain unnamed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Totally agree. Some are just not needed, not required, just consume oxygen and take up space. Sort of like human vampires. I can think of many here, who will remain unnamed. 

Funny, I never had you down as a communist.

You talk about running a business, you say you dine with wealthy people, yet you object to the very system that allows you your comfortable lifestyle.

If you think your hands are clean of explotative working practices or predatory lending, I would suggest you think again.

• Sad 1

Try not to brood on it - take a rest - but you are aware  you are effectively defending the debt collector A THAI!!! Is that apologism? Stick to your script and be consistent! LOL

Get some sleep - you need some rest. You are sounding a tad obsessed. You have proved  your point. You don't like Thailand or Thais and  you are superior  to them.

People like  me who don't  hate Thailand or Thais and don't sit in judgement over Thai people - you consider us apogists - what ever that means. LOL

You are not an apologist you are the opposite- an accuser! And proud of it!

A proud accuser exposing thainess wherever  it can be found!

LOL

On 5/16/2022 at 6:35 PM, Iamfalang said:

can't read every comment, or every article.....gotta guess.

The guy coming for money was, like always, a low guy on a VERY tall totem poll.  

jail is not where you want to go.    

you don't shoot the muscle, because the brains can replace that 10000000000x

My advice.   Mission Impossible:  Jungle escape.  

This hoodlum got capped!

On 5/16/2022 at 7:34 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Poor people, small business owners can't get help from the banks so have to turn to loan sharks

While I do agree loan sharks are parasites, I doubt it's small business owners or innocent poor people who are their main clientele. More likely gambling addicts and people with poor self-control. I've seen some girls take loans for the stupidest, unnecessary reasons, and pay insane rates on those loans (1k a month on a 10k loan, for example, and I'm sure there are worse out there).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I wonder how the wife was unaware she owed the money.... thought it was a gift like happens on Judge Judy!

More likely she covered a gambling debt or another stupid decision with a loan so she doesn't have to tell her husband. Well, now he knows....

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sorry, I disagree. 

Retail banks do not have duties, nor obligations, to communities and small businesses", they are private companies, not community credit unions or state agencies. Their duties and obligations are only to their customers and shareholders and those obligations do not include bad lending policies.   Their banking licences do not obligate them to do anything to "balance their licences".

They could  have a more inclusive  customer policy.

They people they  help to still borrow  money but pay extortionate  rates of interest

Banks make mega profits and could take risks with scaled rates of interest.

Banks don't exist in a vacum they  exist  in a community.

I'm not suggesting  they  do charity work  but suggest  they are more helpful  to small businesses so people are not  driven into the arms of violent gangsters.

On 5/16/2022 at 4:22 AM, Grusa said:

If the gun in the picture is the weapon used, it is a very strange looking shotgun?

I had to look it up (also found a vid by attractive singer named Derya, Turkish I think) and regardless of it just being a shotgun the company's website is presenting it in commando images, as opposed to something to hunt deer with.

My prediction: 18 months and a 3,000b fine, with possible exoneration on a certain person's birthday.  And folk hero status in his community, because loan shark "him no good."