Man murdered at barbers over motorbike parking

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: INN

INN reported on a fatal shooting at a barber shop in the Choke Chai area of Nakhon Ratchasima in Thailand's north east.

Dead at the scene was Nuwat Khuanhat, a 35 year old factory worker with Cargill Meats (Thailand).

The victim had been shot with a shotgun by a man called Saharak who worked at the barbers and who had been told by his boss to ensure that parking rules outside were followed, reported INN. 

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

A noodle vendor reported two shots being fired adding that the shooter had then thrown the gun in the trash opposite the barbers and sat on a wall waiting for the cops to arrive.

The barber has been charged with murder and weapons offences and detained. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim had been shot with a shotgun by a man called Saharak who worked at the barbers and who had been told by his boss to ensure that parking rules outside were followed, reported INN. 

But, then he was only living up to his boss instructions.

But what a great work ethic this guy has!  He does exactly as his employer commands.

Why would he have had a shotgun at work at a Barber shop??

My wife is often warning me to 'calm down' because of the crazy people - it seems this shooter is one of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, G Rex said:

But what a great work ethic this guy has!  He does exactly as his employer commands.

Why would he have had a shotgun at work at a Barber shop??

My wife is often warning me to 'calm down' because of the crazy people - it seems this shooter is one of them.

Even the guard at my local KBank branch has a gun.

Years ago when I worked in Lahore, Pakistan there were several guards outside of all the banks armed with automatic shotguns.

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Even the guard at my local KBank branch has a gun.

Years ago when I worked in Lahore, Pakistan there were several guards outside of all the banks armed with automatic shotguns.

I can (sort of) understand a guard at a Bank with a gun - but a Barber shop?   

Protecting the Quartet?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I can (sort of) understand a guard at a Bank with a gun - but a Barber shop?   

Protecting the Quartet?

protecting the sheared hair as a wig or toupee costs a lot of money from what I understand...no I am blessed with a full head of hair my GF shears every fourth week.......no she does not have a gunman at her salon neither.

4 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Sounds like numbnuts was watching the Terminator while he was guarding the car park.  What an excessive response to a parking violation.

Two mass shooting incidents  in USA and 5 killed  in a mass stabbing in Germany and NOBODY parked in the wrong  place

7 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

It's sad to see a life ended and another ruined.

I've been here going on fifteen years now, lost count of how many times I have been told I can't park in front of a shop. As much as it irks me I just move on, things can get out of hand much more quickly than most people think here.

Yeh...is too.  We got our new  car keyed both sides when we parked in front of a shop, for 15 minutes, on a public road with no parking restrictions.

Another time we parked the car at a shop as we actually wanted to use the shop (we were going to buy an air conditioning unit) amAs we were closing the car doors an old woman came running   out shouting at us and waving her arm about yelling that we can not park there.  So we just drove off.....her loss.  

14 hours ago, webfact said:

The victim had been shot with a shotgun by a man called Saharak who worked at the barbers and who had been told by his boss to ensure that parking rules outside were followed

See, he was only doing his job.  You don't want him to be fired, do you?

I thought only Americans shot each other of parking spaces.