Pattaya/Jomtien Immigration

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes indeed, i have never been asked at Jomtien immigration

They will give you paper stating you must report after 3 months.  They gave me a paper stating such . 

4 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

Getting something done at immigration has got to be among every farang's most stressful tasks.

Can you imagine those immigration officers working in a room full of 150 stressed out farangs day after day? I dread being in there and I'm rarely there more than an hour ???? 

I go through the same! Even though I've gone over my paperwork time and time again, my hands still shake a little. I detest being in there and do NOT want to have to go back cuz I failed to get it right.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Interesting that they (still) require the show money again in 3 months.

Which other immigrations require that and how is it enforced?

I use an agent and have never been required to show money again in three months, Those requirements are for those "letter of the law" types, who believe that that there is only one way to do things. By all means, keep doing things the old way, you're retired.....what else would you have to do with your time?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Agree, it's hot and cold. 

I'm fed up with the inconsistancies.

Since covid I've been paying an agent a little bit of money to manage the bloody mess. 

They do my 90 day stuff to. 

A little bit of money to pay for the anxiety relief, you never know what challenges the IO throws at you when you're not expecting it. 

How true. I did a 90 day report once. The IO looked at my passport then snarled at me "you are on 25 days overstay". I certainly was not expecting that. I snarled back at him, "No I am not." I promise that is really true, and I have never trusted another IO since.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If it causes you anxiety then perhaps agent is good option for you.

I have zero stress about it and know the requirements. Easy Peasy. 

They don't cause me any anxiety, I am not scared of them. I have had another altercation with another one since then.

5 hours ago, Jen65 said:

They will give you paper stating you must report after 3 months.  They gave me a paper stating such . 

You'e talking about 90 day address reports which are required at every office.

He was talking about the 90 day SHOW MONEY check in

Totally different things 

7 hours ago, jesimps said:

reams of paperwork

Reams of paperwork? Hyperbole much?

7 hours ago, jesimps said:

Plus the yearly trip to amphur for the Kor Ror 2

So you go to the amphur to get the Kor Ror 2?

Op compares A Thai person coming to your home country being that simple.  Well most Thais I know have 10 year multiple entry visas to my country.  They come FREELY with just a passport. What option do I have in Thailand?  Glad your extension was so pleasant but it really should be better. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dddave said:

Bit of common sense planning helps. 

I was rather up against a wall due to a passport renewal that took much much longer than expected! These Covid extensions and the covid measures added to queuing issues at that time too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I'm fed up with the inconsistancies.

Since covid I've been paying an agent a little bit of money to manage the bloody mess. 

They do my 90 day stuff to. 

Yes, I felt the same and an agent goy my money. I am not willing to stand outside in the sun for hours on end, and am disgusted when it is expected of people.....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

I use an agent and have never been required to show money again in three months, Those requirements are for those "letter of the law" types, who believe that that there is only one way to do things. By all means, keep doing things the old way, you're retired.....what else would you have to do with your time?

Using an agent is only for those "more money than sense" types.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Henryford said:

If the immigration offices were totally consistent, each office and indeed each IO didn't have or her idiosyncrasies , didn't change what is needed at the last minute without telling anyone.....etc, you may have a point. Alas in Thailand its not like that, almost every day I read of folks having some kind of problem, most minor but some quite major with immigration. I have never read or heard of an IO admitting they have made a mistake and apologizing, they are God's, perfect.

Agents offer a service, that some people decide to take to remove any ambiguity or stress out of the situation, its just that simple.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of some of the Immi officers at Jomtien immigration but after visiting the place for many years and listening to some of the clueless people they have to deal with on a daily basis I can understand their frustration with foreigners. Saying that; they knew what they were going to have to deal with when they signed up for the job. Suck it up buttercup! And I'm sure most of them are doing alright money wise........people who've been in Thailand many years will know what I mean.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2022 at 7:58 PM, chang50 said:

It's simply about avoiding confusion which can mislead people.Common sense really.

Silly bickering guys. .this is quite a useful thread with good information, so don't be babies with your arguing.

On 5/17/2022 at 8:32 AM, Henryford said:

Using an agent is for the those who can afford it. What kind of a prat wants to jump through bank hoops to prop up the sweetheart deal between financial institutions and corrupt immigration types who make it all possible, At my modest level of income, I certainly could not be described as having more money than sense, My method SAVES me money and avoids the idiotic bank roulette, which was apparently hatched by an idler at an inactive post.

• Confused 1

On 5/16/2022 at 11:31 PM, Jingthing said:

You'e talking about 90 day address reports which are required at every office.

He was talking about the 90 day SHOW MONEY check in

Totally different things 

correct - when you complete your extension of stay at Chonburi Immigration you are given a paper to report back after 3 months to show the money is still in your account !!    Nothing to do with 90 day reports .

11 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

correct - when you complete your extension of stay at Chonburi Immigration you are given a paper to report back after 3 months to show the money is still in your account !

And those of us that deal with the 70+ other immigration offices that do not have this requirement wonder why Jomtien is so #####.

BTW there is no repercussions by not reporting back after 3 months at Jomtien. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

Online 90 day address reporting is now SUPER EASY.

If you've been given a 90 day show money order there are no consequences for ignoring it. But there will be serious consequences at your next extension if you haven't complied with all balance rules, before, after and after after.