Jump to content

Thailand on course to welcome one millionth tourist later this month


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

padded cell after 6pm till 6 am

more like 24/7 😁

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have noticed an increasing number of arrivals, some of them even families.

 

Still, of those "1 million", I would guess that around 925,000 are like the image attached to this article: single males

 

(And he isn't coming here for the temples)

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I have noticed an increasing number of arrivals, some of them even families.

 

Still, of those "1 million", I would guess that around 925,000 are like the image attached to this article: single males

I wouldn't have risked bringing my young UK children to Thailand.

Spain and France are much safer.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a long time resident of this country and in Pattaya for business at the moment and i can see many foreignness milling about in Pattaya klang many of whom don't wear face masks and i'm thinking that this could be a problem if someone would see it as breaking Thailand's health rules will make an issue out of it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

I have noticed an increasing number of arrivals, some of them even families.

 

Still, of those "1 million", I would guess that around 925,000 are like the image attached to this article: single males

 

(And he isn't coming here for the temples)

The Temple of Hoi 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

The one millionth 'tourist', is coming back to his wife, rather annoyed 'coz he quit smoking and now vapes, and he also can't visit his favourite bar for a drink, he also will risk skin cancer as he's not allowed to use sun-screen on his favourite beach and must wear a mask at all times. Welcome to Thailand have a nice day. :coffee1: 

I have it on good authority that things are heading towards 'normal' in  the tourist areas of Pattaya and Bangkok.....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

I have noticed an increasing number of arrivals, some of them even families.

 

Still, of those "1 million", I would guess that around 925,000 are like the image attached to this article: single males

 

(And he isn't coming here for the temples)

Temples eh! 1 over there and 2 more back there and 3 more up the road !!

Besides the bars and beaches there is very little see in Thailand.  Travel from Ubon to Pattaya there is nothing to see ... No nice towns or villages just PTT service stations ..

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So they are on track for 2.2 million tourists for the year.  Things are looking up, but how many are returning Thai's and Foreigners, it would be nice to see a breakdown by Visa class and country, as well as those returning using a re-entry permit etc...

Catch all ..  all international arrivals .. could count the same tourist 3 times if he/she travelled to Cambodia and Malaysia and back !!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have it on good authority that things are heading towards 'normal' in  the tourist areas of Pattaya and Bangkok.....

'Building' on anticipation !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, drgoon said:

The Temple of Hoi 🙂

He ain't coming here because it's cheap anymore ..expensive flights, poor exchange rates, bars doing catch up with high prices and the Japanese and Koreans have serious pushed up 'entertainment' costs .. 

Edited by RmcaIssan
Spelling error
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Quick math...........

 

966k divided by 130 days (Jan 1 to May 11) equals roughly 7,500 per day.

 

That means the 1 million mark should have been passed sometime yesterday. But they are saying "before the end of the month?"

 

If we're only 34,000 away from this landmark and getting 7,500/day, why not wait just a few days more and announce "We did it!" instead?

 

After all, "by the end of the month," there should be at least 100k more than a million.........at 7,500/day!

 

(And remember, 7,500 per day is based on much of that time having big restrictions. With the big restrictions lifted, our numbers are supposed to be surging. So shouldn't we be closer to, say, 1.2 million or 1.3 million "by the end of the month?")

 

Why announce "1 million" as a big deal for "the end of the month"............. when by their own surging numbers, we should be well passed that? (Again, 1.2 to 1.3 million, possibly)

 

Odd, huh?

 

Cheers!

 

😂😂😂

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Quick math...........

 

966k divided by 130 days (Jan 1 to May 11) equals roughly 7,500 per day.

 

That means the 1 million mark should have been passed sometime yesterday. But they are saying "before the end of the month?"

 

If we're only 34,000 away from this landmark and getting 7,500/day, why not wait just a few days nmore and announce "We did it!" instead?

 

After all, "by the end of the month," there should be at least 100k more than a million.........at 7,500/day!

 

(And remember, 7,500 per day is based on much of that time having big restrictions. With the big restrictions lifted, our numbers are supposed to be surging! So shouldn't we be closer to 1.2 million or 1.3 million "by the end of the month?")

 

Why is announcing "1 million" a big deal for "the end of the month"............. when by their own surging numbers, we should be well passed that? (Again, 1.2 to 1.3 million, probably!)

 

Odd, huh?

 

Cheers!

 

😂😂😂

Waiting for the 1 millionth visitor to be given a special Key to the country, a free massage, and maybe even a voucher for a 5 day hotel stay and roundtrip air tickets like they have done before.

 

https://www.tatnews.org/2019/12/thailand-lays-out-red-carpet-to-welcome-its-39th-millionth-tourist/

A ‘Luckiest Visitor’ jacket was presented to Mrs. Pavlovskaya in addition to a certificate, round-trip tickets for two between her country of residence and Thailand valid for one year, and a voucher for five nights’ accommodation at a four or five-star hotel in Thailand.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I'm a long time resident of this country and in Pattaya for business at the moment and i can see many foreignness milling about in Pattaya klang many of whom don't wear face masks and i'm thinking that this could be a problem if someone would see it as breaking Thailand's health rules will make an issue out of it...

amen to that. I've been physically threatened for politely asking foreigners to wear masks when on baht buses. Morons. No one enforces the "rule".

Am in Bangkok right now: have seen two foreigners walking about either without masks or below the nose in two weeks. Thais all wear the masks.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting for the 1 millionth visitor to be given a special Key to the country, a free massage, and maybe even a voucher for a 5 day hotel stay and roundtrip air tickets like they have done before.

Imagine the millionth arrival was Prayut coming back from the states 😆

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, warrima said:

Imagine the millionth arrival was Prayut coming back from the states 😆

They would give him the new budget as his payment to lead the country .......lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The one millionth 'tourist', is coming back to his wife, rather annoyed 'coz he quit smoking and now vapes, and he also can't visit his favourite bar for a drink, he also will risk skin cancer as he's not allowed to use sun-screen on his favourite beach and must wear a mask at all times. Welcome to Thailand have a nice day. :coffee1: 

arnt vaps illegal as well!!!

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I'm a long time resident of this country and in Pattaya for business at the moment and i can see many foreignness milling about in Pattaya klang many of whom don't wear face masks and i'm thinking that this could be a problem if someone would see it as breaking Thailand's health rules will make an issue out of it...

the same is said for both phuket and koh samui....100% of foreigners i have seen since december 2021 refuse to use masks, yet it is the thais that always have masks on......

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...