Thailand on course to welcome one millionth tourist later this month

webfact

I have noticed an increasing number of arrivals, some of them even families.

Still, of those "1 million", I would guess that around 925,000 are like the image attached to this article: single males

(And he isn't coming here for the temples)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Still, of those "1 million", I would guess that around 925,000 are like the image attached to this article: single males

I wouldn't have risked bringing my young UK children to Thailand.

Spain and France are much safer.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2

I'm a long time resident of this country and in Pattaya for business at the moment and i can see many foreignness milling about in Pattaya klang many of whom don't wear face masks and i'm thinking that this could be a problem if someone would see it as breaking Thailand's health rules will make an issue out of it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

The Temple of Hoi ????

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

The one millionth 'tourist', is coming back to his wife, rather annoyed 'coz he quit smoking and now vapes, and he also can't visit his favourite bar for a drink, he also will risk skin cancer as he's not allowed to use sun-screen on his favourite beach and must wear a mask at all times. Welcome to Thailand have a nice day. :coffee1: 

I have it on good authority that things are heading towards 'normal' in  the tourist areas of Pattaya and Bangkok.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Temples eh! 1 over there and 2 more back there and 3 more up the road !!

Besides the bars and beaches there is very little see in Thailand.  Travel from Ubon to Pattaya there is nothing to see ... No nice towns or villages just PTT service stations ..

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So they are on track for 2.2 million tourists for the year.  Things are looking up, but how many are returning Thai's and Foreigners, it would be nice to see a breakdown by Visa class and country, as well as those returning using a re-entry permit etc...

Catch all ..  all international arrivals .. could count the same tourist 3 times if he/she travelled to Cambodia and Malaysia and back !!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drgoon said:

The Temple of Hoi ????

He ain't coming here because it's cheap anymore ..expensive flights, poor exchange rates, bars doing catch up with high prices and the Japanese and Koreans have serious pushed up 'entertainment' costs .. 

Edited by RmcaIssan
Spelling error

Quick math...........

966k divided by 130 days (Jan 1 to May 11) equals roughly 7,500 per day.

That means the 1 million mark should have been passed sometime yesterday. But they are saying "before the end of the month?"

If we're only 34,000 away from this landmark and getting 7,500/day, why not wait just a few days more and announce "We did it!" instead?

After all, "by the end of the month," there should be at least 100k more than a million.........at 7,500/day!

(And remember, 7,500 per day is based on much of that time having big restrictions. With the big restrictions lifted, our numbers are supposed to be surging. So shouldn't we be closer to, say, 1.2 million or 1.3 million "by the end of the month?")

Why announce "1 million" as a big deal for "the end of the month"............. when by their own surging numbers, we should be well passed that? (Again, 1.2 to 1.3 million, possibly)

Odd, huh?

Cheers!

????????????

Edited by KanchanaburiGuy
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Quick math...........

966k divided by 130 days (Jan 1 to May 11) equals roughly 7,500 per day.

That means the 1 million mark should have been passed sometime yesterday. But they are saying "before the end of the month?"

If we're only 34,000 away from this landmark and getting 7,500/day, why not wait just a few days nmore and announce "We did it!" instead?

After all, "by the end of the month," there should be at least 100k more than a million.........at 7,500/day!

(And remember, 7,500 per day is based on much of that time having big restrictions. With the big restrictions lifted, our numbers are supposed to be surging! So shouldn't we be closer to 1.2 million or 1.3 million "by the end of the month?")

Why is announcing "1 million" a big deal for "the end of the month"............. when by their own surging numbers, we should be well passed that? (Again, 1.2 to 1.3 million, probably!)

Odd, huh?

Cheers!

????????????

Waiting for the 1 millionth visitor to be given a special Key to the country, a free massage, and maybe even a voucher for a 5 day hotel stay and roundtrip air tickets like they have done before.

https://www.tatnews.org/2019/12/thailand-lays-out-red-carpet-to-welcome-its-39th-millionth-tourist/

A ‘Luckiest Visitor’ jacket was presented to Mrs. Pavlovskaya in addition to a certificate, round-trip tickets for two between her country of residence and Thailand valid for one year, and a voucher for five nights’ accommodation at a four or five-star hotel in Thailand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I'm a long time resident of this country and in Pattaya for business at the moment and i can see many foreignness milling about in Pattaya klang many of whom don't wear face masks and i'm thinking that this could be a problem if someone would see it as breaking Thailand's health rules will make an issue out of it...

amen to that. I've been physically threatened for politely asking foreigners to wear masks when on baht buses. Morons. No one enforces the "rule".

Am in Bangkok right now: have seen two foreigners walking about either without masks or below the nose in two weeks. Thais all wear the masks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting for the 1 millionth visitor to be given a special Key to the country, a free massage, and maybe even a voucher for a 5 day hotel stay and roundtrip air tickets like they have done before.

Imagine the millionth arrival was Prayut coming back from the states ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

The one millionth 'tourist', is coming back to his wife, rather annoyed 'coz he quit smoking and now vapes, and he also can't visit his favourite bar for a drink, he also will risk skin cancer as he's not allowed to use sun-screen on his favourite beach and must wear a mask at all times. Welcome to Thailand have a nice day. :coffee1: 

arnt vaps illegal as well!!!

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

the same is said for both phuket and koh samui....100% of foreigners i have seen since december 2021 refuse to use masks, yet it is the thais that always have masks on......

• Haha 1