Full Moon Party now "the symbol" of Thailand's Full Blown Reopening!

webfact

22 hours ago, starky said:

The ban on alcohol sales that is still in effect in many provinces perhaps?

You know the night time curfews, the inability for restaurants and most enclosed bars to be able to sell alcohol between 11-1400 the bans that haven't been lifted throughout most of the country. Those bans?

Sale of alcohol has never been banned.

There are no curfews, they were lifted many months ago.

I have never heard of any bar or restaurant that does not sell alcohol between 11 and 2.  Do you know of any...specifically? 

Restrictions on selling alcohol for three hours a day, something that has not changed for many years, is not an alcohol ban.

Somehow I don't think "Full Moon Party" and "High Quality Tourists" really fit in the same sentence.  Most Foreign tourists to the FMP are just low to medium spenders.  Hardly the type that the Government has been tooting their horn about attracting. 

On 5/17/2022 at 10:00 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

The recreational drug users opened this place up. Thai opium and fine cannabis as grass Thai sticks were famous  as were the magic mushrooms. The term  druggie is ignorant and pejorative only used by people who actually, would really benefit  from some ecstasy, LSD, mushrooms or Thai  sticks.

all gone,  and this new generation Z has de-evolved into drunks which is their drug of choice.   such a pathetic high.  we use to scorn our parents for being drinkers.  

My wife and I could go to a one night affair, FMP, since we are both seniors, and the chance of

being groped,  or raped, is a lot less likely than when we were in our 20s. We do not take part in Songkran

as well as we did it a couple of times when we were young. Been there did that, is my reply for many 

activities that I did when young and foolish. If TAT or anyone thinks that this Full Moon Party should be

used as a symbol of anything are not thinking the whole picture.

In My Opinion.