Full Moon Party now "the symbol" of Thailand's Full Blown Reopening!

webfact

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Full Moon Party with masks, ban on alcohol sales, available if you have a Thailand Pass, the allowed non THC cannabis use..  that will be a lot of fun, while the rest of the country has to deal with strict measures...the Full Moon party can do as they want for the sake of Thailand for 1 night instead of open up for the other 29/30 days

Why?

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

10 thousand people travelling  across Thailand and staying on an Island  is a lot of spending going directly  to the people.

The wealth that young  people, backpackers and economy travellers generate is enormous witness how the face of Banglampoo changed because of the KSR cash machine. Recreational drugs users are normal and wealthy or middle class. I personally dont like the FMPs but can't deny the fun and money they generate.

Its always about $$$ damn the damage they fools create.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SS1 said:

So many old farts whining.. remember back in the day when you were still young? Let the kids have fun. It's great to see some things going back to normal. If you don't like full moon parties then don't participate, very easy. If you're still afraid of Covid, keep wearing that N95 mask and keep yourself isolated, but let the rest of us get back to our normal lives. 

ps. doubt I'll be joining either, starting to be a bit too old for that ????

I'm a bit past that kind of stuff myself but I have been down the KSR a couple of times since recently moving to Bangkok. All night beers in soda cups and laughing gas, what's not to like? ????

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per member's request.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thanakorn said that 300,000 foreign tourists had registered for Thailand Pass this month.

And 10,000 tourists had been arriving daily.

Based on that , with the 1 million supposedly arrived by end this month, they are looking at 4 million tops - total disaster, by incompetents 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Its always about $$$ damn the damage they fools create.

No real damage - non at all compared to property  developers and the BMA in Bangkok- destroying historic  buildings- but with events like the  FMPs the tidying and cleaning up is excellent. Incidentally the earliest FMPs were in Goa I went to one in 73 - of course full moon  celebrations are part of Eastern religious celebrations but rumour had it that a couple if International rock  bands had performed  in Goa and left their kit behind..

Finally they are giving up on waiting for the chinese Zero Baht tour groups and is now targetting smaller individual groups (read western tourists). If they bet on all horses in the race, they will win the bet.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai authorities are already delighted with the numbers.

Sadly desperate.

The government is rubbing its fingers again as foreign arrivals to the country pick up hugely and tourism shows signs that come the end of 2022 it'll be full systems go.

Delusional.

The spokesman also said that the next normal is very different when it comes to the shape of tourism - it's far more about small groups, families and FIT - fully independent travellers.

Totally contradictory, yet again.

The numbers have been ballooned by Thai tourists taking to the domestic road.

The government is rubbing its fingers again as foreign arrivals to the country pick up hugely and tourism shows signs that come the end of 2022 it'll be full systems go

These statements are an embarrassment to anyone who can write a poor persuasive argument.

PM Prayuth Chan-ocha was happing with the numbers and took the opportunity to praise health services, Thailand's Covid response, safetyy and resilience. 

A weapon of the highest order.

So Thailand is a Synonyme for Partying?

Visitors should come for drinking, having fun, exchange of body fluids?

Not meant for families, quality holiday seekers, but Backpackers and cheap charlies?

If so Thailand will continue the downturn and end up like the Titanic. (Climate Change included)????

2 hours ago, bt2017 said:

to that the fact that the ocean becomes a toilet for some 5000 - 7000 people

Well it ends up in there anyway..even your poo .so what

• Confused 1

OMG there are a lot of holier than thou characters on this forum!

I see the FMP as a sign that there are some positive signs for life in Thailand. 

My wife & I went to our last FMP in March 20 - had a great time 

I have retired here in Thailand - but unlike a lot of other posters here - I am not dead yet!!

Wowsers!

6 hours ago, starky said:

The ban on alcohol sales that is still in effect in many provinces perhaps?

You know the night time curfews, the inability for restaurants and most enclosed bars to be able to sell alcohol between 11-1400 the bans that haven't been lifted throughout most of the country. Those bans?

Absolute rubbish, the bans are in mostly shops between 14.00 and 17.00 in tourist areas...  

7 hours ago, SymS said:

New TAT slogan: "Welcome to Thailand, your family-friendly, drug-binging paradise".

The recreational drug users opened this place up. Thai opium and fine cannabis as grass Thai sticks were famous  as were the magic mushrooms. The term  druggie is ignorant and pejorative only used by people who actually, would really benefit  from some ecstasy, LSD, mushrooms or Thai  sticks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Yesterday fullmoon party was rainy. Around 6000- 7000 people.

Estimate 50% foreigner's and 50% Thais. Closing time was early, not until sunrise. Today most Thais travel home. Ferry's quit full.

so less than songkran FMP with 10k.

The June one will likely to be smaller.

With half or majority participants being thai, the next big one will coincide with some extended holiday. Most likely the next one will be new year celebrations combines with Full Moon or Half Moon (whichever will be closer to date).

There not necessarily will be foreigners increase at those parties, as rainy season might be coming earlier to samui archipelago (as it came already to central thailand). August might be already wet there

4 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Oh yeah, the full moon which will, of course, attract the millionaire and billionaire quality tourists that the Thai authorities are after. Good guys (the moneyed class) in , bad guys (bird<deleted> farangs) out. 

You sound bitter and depressed Cheer up!

21 hours ago, Thailand said:

The door is ajar but not fully open yet. That is what needs to happen to get real tourists.

Define 'real'......

The ones sneaking through the currently  slightly ajar door are apparently less desirable...

17 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Yesterday fullmoon party was rainy. Around 6000- 7000 people.

Estimate 50% foreigner's and 50% Thais. Closing time was early, not until sunrise. Today most Thais travel home. Ferry's quit full.

did you have a good time despite the rain?

12 hours ago, Jiggo said:

Absolute rubbish, the bans are in mostly shops between 14.00 and 17.00 in tourist areas...  

Don't know where you live champ but in the provinces it's rigidly enforced it's the tourist areas where the rules have been the most relaxed.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:37 AM, PJPom said:

Full moon party !! Drunks , drugs , assaults, . A great image for Thailand as a family holiday destination.

Well there's a surprise, Thaivisa forum members complaining about people having a good time..

• Haha 1