Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya...best options

Hi all...me, my wife, and 4 year old will be flying into Suvarnabhumi on Friday and i'm looking for suggestions on the best option for getting to Pattaya...

I have seen people suggesting Grab, but not quite sure how that works...also, i don't really want to take a taxi...i'm looking for something clean, comfy, and safe as much as that's possible here in Thailand...

i'm looking forward to your help so, big thanks in advance!!!

There was a company with Lady drivers who didn't think they were Lewis Hamilton - I was meant to have written it down from a previous thread but can't find it now. Seemed a very reasonable price.

I'm sure someone will be along to add the contact details ( and I'll record it this time ) ????

47 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

There was a company with Lady drivers who didn't think they were Lewis Hamilton - I was meant to have written it down from a previous thread but can't find it now. Seemed a very reasonable price.

I'm sure someone will be along to add the contact details ( and I'll record it this time ) ????

ha ha we used them just a few months ago from Pattaya to Bangkok but goodness only knows what they're called. I'll try to find it, brb.

50 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

this is the lady driver service we used as recommended by a fellow TVFer.  contact by email preferred.

https://www.namstaxipattaya.com/contact

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I usually always take a bus (down 1st floor);

"The cheapest from BBK to Pattaya is bus which costs ฿119 and takes 1h 59m."

If I can't use it I go up to taxi drop-off level and grab one there. When they pick up there they don't pay airport fee so they offer cheaper ride ????

On 6/20/2022 at 11:38 AM, GypsyT said:

I usually always take a bus (down 1st floor);

"The cheapest from BBK to Pattaya is bus which costs ฿119 and takes 1h 59m."

That's the price and rough time from Ekamai to Pattaya Nua, the OP was going from the airport and the bus from there would go to Jomtien for 130 baht.  He travelled a month ago though so has probably arrived by now.

• 4 weeks later...

Bell Travel bus.  reserve in advance.  Bus goes to Pattaya North  bus terminal.  Then they have mini vans included in price that take you to your hotel.  Have to book in advance so I stopped using them, but the service was always good.

1 hour ago, gk10012001 said:

Bell Travel bus.  reserve in advance.  Bus goes to Pattaya North  bus terminal.  Then they have mini vans included in price that take you to your hotel.  Have to book in advance so I stopped using them, but the service was always good.

Bell are no longer operating & there are no buses running BKK to Pattaya Nua but there is a Roong Reuang bus that will take you to Jomtien. 

@NZAMBOY2nd the recommendation for Nam Taxi service, safe lady drivers, nice cars & 1,000 THB (includes tolls) for BKK - Pattaya.

47 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Bell are no longer operating & there are no buses running BKK to Pattaya Nua but there is a Roong Reuang bus that will take you to Jomtien. 

@NZAMBOY2nd the recommendation for Nam Taxi service, safe lady drivers, nice cars & 1,000 THB (includes tolls) for BKK - Pattaya.

really? I have not been in two years due to covid.  Not even the cheap bus to pattay north eh?  wow.  I always traveled with just my carry on so I loved the convenience of either bus.  Many times I walked down to Pattaya Klang from Sukhumvit where that cheap bus would stop, then catch a baht bus to wherever.  Many 30 and 60 day stays.  Thanks for the update

• Like 1

Taxis really are an OK deal.  Have taken many over the years, especially the times I arrived on a 2 am flight, although I tried to avoid those flights and arrive during daylight hours if possible.

You can head to Ekamie bus station and probably find mini vans hanging around that will take 5 or 6 people to Pattaya.  Not the best though because sometimes they do NOT go directly to Pattaya, but sometimes go out of their way to pick up as many people along the way as possible.  Did that once because a van was ready and the next bus was an hour away.  How bad could it be I thought.  Well, 3 hours later we finally got to Pattaya!  We went down a lot of roads I did not know existed between Ekamie bus terminal and Pattaya!

On my very first trip I flew into Don Mueng before Suvi existed.  There were several mini van options one could reserve in advance and that worked out well.  I suspect there are similar at BKK.  Check online for some ads or maybe others will post something about them here

30 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

really? I have not been in two years due to covid.  Not even the cheap bus to pattay north eh?  wow.  I always traveled with just my carry on so I loved the convenience of either bus.  Many times I walked down to Pattaya Klang from Sukhumvit where that cheap bus would stop, then catch a baht bus to wherever.  Many 30 and 60 day stays.  Thanks for the update

Unfortunately yes, I do try to check to see if they're running again when I get the bus to Bangkok but so far still no buses running BKK - Pattaya North.  

The Jomtien (Roong Reuang) bus is still running & will stop on Sukhumvit so you could always take that from the airport & either get a Baht bus or a Bolt Taxi from where it drops you. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...