Top prosecutor in Red Bull heir hit and run case dismissed from service

snoop1130

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Who was the last very rich person, top cop, top immigration, customs or army official here, who was arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to prison? Bet you can't name one. 

Best I could find.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-tycoon-gets-16-months-poaching-weapons-possession-off-hook-black-panther-killing/

26 minutes ago, mahtin said:

Barely convicted. Thong Pha Phum district courthouse in Kanchanaburi province today convicted Premchai for illegal weapons possession (a six-month jail sentence), the killing of a pheasant (another two months) and conspiracy to poach wildlife (eight months) but acquitted him of the most serious crime, reported BBC Thailand.

Charges related to the possession of the black panther carcass were instead pinned on the three other defendants in the case.

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Barely convicted. Thong Pha Phum district courthouse in Kanchanaburi province today convicted Premchai for illegal weapons possession (a six-month jail sentence), the killing of a pheasant (another two months) and conspiracy to poach wildlife (eight months) but acquitted him of the most serious crime, reported BBC Thailand.

Charges related to the possession of the black panther carcass were instead pinned on the three other defendants in the case.

Indisputably, plus he got kid gloves treatment for playing sick.

Best I could find.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, starky said:

Stall, stall, deflect, distract as long as boss never gets prosecuted or held accountable mission accomplished.

Very Thai establishment and elitist circles. 

Might we expect anything less? 

Wonder why they bother with such stories.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Excel said:

I wonder if he will be asked to return all the kick-backs from the Red Bull family he received ?

Why would he? The ruse worked, didn't it? It caused enough delays and confusion to have most of the charges expire, while the two remaining ones' statutes of limitation are up within the next couple of years. For all intends and purposes Nate has delivered a marvelous job.

18 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

And there should not be a sunset clause on murder.  .........................:coffee1:

I dont think there is a sunset clause on murder.

Irrelevant though as Khun Boss is not wanted for murder.

just wondering how long it took them to realize that.... 10 years, great, things like that usually happen in banana republic type countries  555

The hit and run case dates back to September 3rd, 2012

7 hours ago, Spock said:

Even now, if they really want to catch the heir, they could have him back in Thailand in no time at all. To make someone who is probably guilty as hell of corruption and taking bribes the fall guy, after he has resigned and is living overseas, is just a token gesture. The Thai authorities have no intention of catching this guy. It's an indictment of the government, police and the Thai people. Such is the level of apathy among Thais, I doubt that many people truly care if the heir is brought to justice. Meanwhile they will continue to treat convicted prisoners as a sub human race, while turning a blind eye to the most heinous criminal of all. How many Thais are boycotting Red Bull products in protest? My bet is none.

I hear Anutin has a Red Bull Carpet welcome Back for the murderer and a medal for all the disruption the Dirty Falange put him through “;0) 

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Strictly a face saving measure. Likely he was instructed NOT to pursue the case, and likely Interpol has been ignoring the supposed red notice, as they likely do not consider Thailand credible. 

Everyone knows this guy, and every other super rich person here is above the law. Any and all laws. No sincerity at all in this false gesture.

Who was the last very rich person, top cop, top immigration, customs or army official here, who was arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to prison? Bet you can't name one. 

What happened to the plastic bag policeman and all his cars?

Negligence?  Is that the best they can do?  They did anyone notice how much fatter his bank account was?  It’s no wonder things never change in this country.  The wealthy are above the law and regular folks get a clear message that money trumps everything

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Almer said:

What happened to the plastic bag policeman and all his cars?

Delaying tactics continue there too, waiting for the outrage to subside totally and fade into yesterday's news.

Moved to Nakhon Nowhere and disappeared at some future date? Cars already disappeared at a guess.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:35 AM, Adumbration said:

Smoke screens and mirrors.  This is probably self initiated. A decade of brown envelopes stashed away and now can just walk away, enjoy his plunder, and let some other unfortunate pick up the pieces.

Exactly! Very likely so safe his pension and name.

The guy is 67 and gets an honorable discharge if he doesn't appeal.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, oxo1947 said:

And there should not be a sunset clause on murder.  .........................:coffee1:

I don't think there is such a clause.

Yoovidhya was subsequently charged with drunk driving, negligent death and committing a hit and run.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/23/asia/red-bull-vorayud-yoovidhya-charges-dropped-intl/index.html

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Several years ago I was in the south of Thailand and was birding a little known national park. I stopped at a restaurant close to the park for lunch and they had several endangered animals being served. I asked the waitress who owned the restaurant and she said the local police chief. You could literally go in order your endangered species and have it served to you in a matter of minutes.

Edited by garyk
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Negligence?  Is that the best they can do?  They did anyone notice how much fatter his bank account was?  It’s no wonder things never change in this country.  The wealthy are above the law and regular folks get a clear message that money trumps everything

That hold true up to the very top.