Danish man recalls being sexually abused for a week in Phuket

webfact

image.jpeg

Screenshot from the documentary where Danish Mathias Søby Kristensen tells about his sexual abuse in Phuket five years ago.

by Gregers Møller

Mathias Søby Kristensen recalls in a Danish TV documentary how he was drugged and sexually abused by a Thai man during a weeklong nightmare vacation on Phuket. The today 27 year old is one of four participants in the documentary, which has been aired in Denmark over the past couple of weeks. All four men open up and talk about different incidents that has left them impotent and uninterested in having sexual relationships ever again.

Mathias Søby Kristensen told in an interview with the Danish media BT, how he was drugged during a night out in the nightlife in Phuket. He woke up again, when a Thai man picked him up from the pavement and took him with him to a location, where he was sexually abused for days.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Every time he was coming out of his intoxication, he was given more pills which he eventually started taking out of his own free will in order to deal with being forced to have sex with the Thai man.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/danish-man-recalls-being-sexually-abused-for-a-week-in-phuket/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2022-05-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

And this happened five years ago?

Part of a profile of someone with a similar name on a media site :

Mathias Søby Kristensen

Freelance model, Actor and TV "star"

Edited by Thailand
  • Haha 2

Disturbing and scary but voluntarily taking more pills suggests a bizarre twist which makes one stop, think and doubt. One would be forgiven to think that by voluntarily taking more pills he might have discovered a secret predilection for something he kept suppressed. A coming out, sort of, only for that short-lived experience to be crushed when he was let go and he now has to contend with the reality of the truth he kept repressed. So he was raped and his holy holes were violated and painfully penetrated but then the most natural thing to do was take a cab back to his hotel, check for new emails and posts on Facebook, then move on as if it never happened? I would expect traumatized and drugged victims to approach the police, the Danish embassy, medical intervention and maybe even Thai media.  

Truly bizarre that he was simply let go by the abuser and he later returned to Denmark without the rape story hitting the headlines in Thailand. Sexual criminals tend to go through great lengths to thwart the discovery of their crimes with historical reports showing that victims were either permanently unaccounted for by law enforcement or found deceased.

I suspect he liked it but later had guilt pangs. 

Edited by mvdf
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I think the moral of the story is don’t go out drinking by yourself late at night in a foreign country like an idiot. This is really sick and horrific, but if he hadn’t put himself in a vulnerable position in an unfamiliar place this would never have happened.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It simply happened here. 

Did it though? Sounds more like he made it up to gain some fame. The whole story sounds suspect - why would someone drug him just to leave him on the pavement? usually when guys are drugged it's in their hotel room because the girl (or "girl") wants to rob them - not randomly outside. I'm making assumptions here, but how would a Thai guy much smaller than a Scandinavian dude pick him up and carry him? Sounds physically difficult if not impossible. And let's not even start with him starting to take the pills on his own (what does that even mean?) or how he got free (and alive!), or why this was never reported to law enforcement.

• Like 2

Kidney check on aisle 2.

This chap is likely to be threatened with Defamation from various/sundry thai "authorities".

What amazes me with the drugging of victims here is that perpetrators get the dosage right every single time. It's (Rohypnol) like 10X Valium, and given the body weight variables, and interactions with other potential meds/conditions and alcohol consumption, no one ever dies (well maybe from gravity overdose/low balcony railings).

And where do they get the drugs?

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Even though your post is borderline funny, it reeks of homophobia.

And what if the poster is gay as well? Is it still Homophobia. If I tell a gay joke as a hetero it can be classified as a homophobia, if a gay person tells the same joke, it is still just a joke. One of my former bosses was gay and I had dinner with him and his gay friends, Can tell you they had plenty of (gay) jokes that I would not dare to tell ????. JUst wonder where is the border.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The TAT will be happy with the story, they are adjusting their numbers right now. Probably the guy will put on a non entry list and the governor of phuket is checking if he can file a lawsuit. 

THe assault guy may have been a Burmese national? (sarcasm mode off) 

5 hours ago, wombat said:

Aha...the liking of the prostate orgasm endorphins and how to get them become addictive.

If he took the pills himself suggests he wasn't tied up.

At this point the story starts to have more holes than Swiss cheese.

Yes, and you actually do not have any clue. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mvdf said:

Disturbing and scary but voluntarily taking more pills suggests a bizarre twist which makes one stop, think and doubt. One would be forgiven to think that by voluntarily taking more pills he might have discovered a secret predilection for something he kept suppressed. A coming out, sort of, only for that short-lived experience to be crushed when he was let go and he now has to contend with the reality of the truth he kept repressed. So he was raped and his holy holes were violated and painfully penetrated but then the most natural thing to do was take a cab back to his hotel, check for new emails and posts on Facebook, then move on as if it never happened? I would expect traumatized and drugged victims to approach the police, the Danish embassy, medical intervention and maybe even Thai media.  

Truly bizarre that he was simply let go by the abuser and he later returned to Denmark without the rape story hitting the headlines in Thailand. Sexual criminals tend to go through great lengths to thwart the discovery of their crimes with historical reports showing that victims were either permanently unaccounted for by law enforcement or found deceased.

I suspect he liked it but later had guilt pangs. 

I bet you say that women who were raped and co operated with kidnapper or abusers also secretly liked it. Sad 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

And what if the poster is gay as well? Is it still Homophobia. If I tell a gay joke as a hetero it can be classified as a homophobia, if a gay person tells the same joke, it is still just a joke. One of my former bosses was gay and I had dinner with him and his gay friends, Can tell you they had plenty of (gay) jokes that I would not dare to tell ????. JUst wonder where is the border.

Yes.  If someone is raped and or drugged it does not matter if they are straight or gay!

And you know very well you should not be joking about this subject.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes.  If someone is raped and or drugged it does not matter if they are straight or gay!

And you know very well you should not be joking about this subject.  

I did not joke, I was giving my opinion on homophobia . But you are right if somebody is really raped it is not appropriate. 

Men can be raped. Gay men can be raped. Gay men don't always want it from any and all men. Many gay men don't ever want passive anal sex.  I personally was raped once but it was in an environment where there was zero chance of a successful accusation but I was able to throw him off. When I was 19 an older man drove me to an isolated place and behaved as if I would never get home unless he got some butt action but he eventually gave up. I guess that was attempted date rape. Another time a man started to strangle me during sex and I thought it was game over. He clearly got a sexual thrill out of making people fear death. 

I'm not sure if when straight men assume gay men always want it all the time from any and all men is homophobia but it sure is IGNORANCE.

Edited by Jingthing