Government to Officially Ease Cannabis Laws Next Month

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Withid Sariddeechaikool, deputy secretary-general of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), stated that the ministry’s announcement will take effect on June 9 which will allow the general public to freely grow these plants for private use.

I thought it was for use in medical products only?

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

on June 9 which will allow the general public to freely grow these plants for private use. However, he warned that extracts containing more than 0.2 percent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) will still be classified as a category 5 substance and governed by narcotics control and suppression laws.

One day in the far distant future they may legalise Marijuana, I would not waste my time on caring and growing Hemp at 0.2% THC, waste of time and energy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

What is considered 'an extract' ?  Is smoke considered an 'extract' ?

At 0.2% you'd have to chain smoke all day and the only thing you'd get is a bad cough, wouldn't get a fly high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 7:50 AM, IAMHERE said:

What is considered 'an extract' ?  Is smoke considered an 'extract' ?

Everbody should band together and call their local police station daily asking them to visit and check the THC in your plants because you certainly dont want to break any laws lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Clearly you have no idea at all.

He doesn't have an "idea" he has an "agenda" and it dates back to the 1930s when it was pushed by nutcases like Harry J. Anslinger and J. Edgar Hoover.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

However, he warned that extracts containing more than 0.2 percent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) will still be classified as a category 5 substance and governed by narcotics control and suppression laws.

Those who wish to cultivate Cannabis and hemp must register through the FDA’s "Puk Kan" mobile application, while those who intend to cultivate these plants for commercial purposes must notify the authorities.

02.% THC? Are you kidding me? So, what this witless man is saying is, you can grow a small quantity of extraordinarily weak pot, as long as you let the authorities know you are growing it. Huh? I am not even sure there are seeds available for the super weak stuff he is referring to. So, in essence this entire program sounds like a government sponsored scam, intended to enrich the RTP. It appears to be another example of this failed administration letting down, and deceiving it's people for the 3,400th time. When will the nonstop nonsense end?

Super-potent cannabis flower, with THC percentages of 25 percent and up, dominate dispensary shelves. High-THC cannabis will sell out very quickly while lower-percentage weed gathers dust. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisroberts/2020/06/16/science-reveals-the-cannabis-industrys-greatest-lie-youre-buying-weed-wrong-and-so-is-everyone-else/?sh=19d432082ee3

• Like 2

So if I am reading this correctly, as long as you are not making extract and not growing it for commercial purposes you just need to register on the FDA app (which probably won't work).

So you can grow a few plants for personal use and then consume it?

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Best to see how many innocent people end up arrested and fined/jailed due to some 'misunderstanding' of the law first. Opening yourself up to inspections by the FDA doesn't sound like too much fun either.