Jump to content

More heavy rain forecast for Thailand over the weekend


snoop1130
 Share

Recommended Posts

logo-33.png

 

Thunderstorms and more heavy rain are expected across Thailand until Monday.

 

According to the Meteorological Department, thunderstorms are expected nationwide, along with heavy to very heavy rain in the north, northeast, central, eastern regions, Bangkok and its suburbs and the south. This is due to the strong southwest monsoon over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, along with an active low pressure cell over the Gulf of Martaban, which will move across Myanmar to cover the far north and northeast of Thailand.

 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

 

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/more-heavy-rain-forecast-for-thailand-over-the-weekend/

 

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-20
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of rain up here the past 2 nights , I was hoping to mow the lawn today but not sure if I should start at the shallow end or the deep end. Cloud building now so like as not more rain tonight.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets see if all those billions spent can cope?

or just money down the drain...😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm sure the relevant authorities will 'monitor' it 

Yup, they will give an order to the RTP  "no rain allowed after 22:00"

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This forecast might be correct if you live around CM or other places NW.    Not sure if this massive storm is heading East.  Likely NE.

 

Where are the "Global Warming" cries!!   Earth is dying! screams.  Save our planet! yells.   This rain is not 100% normal and we must realize it's a major change to the environment and might be the beginning of the end!!!    or not!!    Imagine if it's hot and then cold and then hot?  Who to blame?? Don't worry, I'll fix it.  TVFM to the rescue.   The answer:   Leo Beer

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

This forecast might be correct if you live around CM or other places NW.    Not sure if this massive storm is heading East.  Likely NE.

 

Where are the "Global Warming" cries!!   Earth is dying! screams.  Save our planet! yells.   This rain is not 100% normal and we must realize it's a major change to the environment and might be the beginning of the end!!!    or not!!    Imagine if it's hot and then cold and then hot?  Who to blame?? Don't worry, I'll fix it.  TVFM to the rescue.   The answer:   Leo Beer

Probably el ninjo would be a more correct answer, happen every seven years or so. <deleted> I don't drink beer in Thailand, am I in trouble now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

still la nina year, but much different, stronger, than any before. Frequent clouds and thunderstorms from the end of January.

Suppose to be only 3% over the yearly average, but I am afraid it would be stronger than the last year with 10%.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Where is all this rain coming from , seems like it's been raining every

week so far this year , only had to water the garden once, and its

doing a good job of keeping the air clear up here in Chiang Mai,now

its officially the rainy season ,it will stop raining .........

 

Then India and Pakistan have been having 50 c temperatures ,bet they

wish they had some, 

regards Worgeordie

 

I live further North of Chiang Mai and thought I was was the only one who had noticed the regular rain since the cool season finished.

The last few days the rain has been torrential with localized flooding causing a few schools to close.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I live further North of Chiang Mai and thought I was was the only one who had noticed the regular rain since the cool season finished.

The last few days the rain has been torrential with localized flooding causing a few schools to close.

Torrential rain for the past 4 days/nights in CM ....... finally it's stopped raining this morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Where is all this rain coming from , seems like it's been raining every

week so far this year , only had to water the garden once, and its

doing a good job of keeping the air clear up here in Chiang Mai,now

its officially the rainy season ,it will stop raining .........

 

Then India and Pakistan have been having 50 c temperatures ,bet they

wish they had some, 

regards Worgeordie

 

Errrr; it's coming from the Sky !

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

lots of rain

 

 

Edited by rumak
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sun's out this morning in Saraphi.

   After two days of almost continuous rain the water was at our kitchen door. Any higher and it would have come in.

     

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain or heat?  I think I like the rain, in rainy season. Of course if it lasts days, that is not fun at all.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

Rain or heat?  I think I like the rain, in rainy season. Of course if it lasts days, that is not fun at all.

At least when it's raining it is somewhat cooler.

   A welcome change after the bloody heat of the hot season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the news on channel 3 this morning, it seemed to be raining almost everywhere in Thailand at the moment, strangely, no rain on the Darkside of Pattaya yet today. Very dissapointed 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, BritManToo said:

Torrential rain for the past 4 days/nights in CM ....... finally it's stopped raining this morning.

We had no rain yesterday although it was threatened, and again today, my chickens, ducks and guinea fowl are all drying out. !!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...