More heavy rain forecast for Thailand over the weekend

snoop1130

logo-33.png

Thunderstorms and more heavy rain are expected across Thailand until Monday.

According to the Meteorological Department, thunderstorms are expected nationwide, along with heavy to very heavy rain in the north, northeast, central, eastern regions, Bangkok and its suburbs and the south. This is due to the strong southwest monsoon over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, along with an active low pressure cell over the Gulf of Martaban, which will move across Myanmar to cover the far north and northeast of Thailand.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/more-heavy-rain-forecast-for-thailand-over-the-weekend/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-05-20

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

This forecast might be correct if you live around CM or other places NW.    Not sure if this massive storm is heading East.  Likely NE.

Where are the "Global Warming" cries!!   Earth is dying! screams.  Save our planet! yells.   This rain is not 100% normal and we must realize it's a major change to the environment and might be the beginning of the end!!!    or not!!    Imagine if it's hot and then cold and then hot?  Who to blame?? Don't worry, I'll fix it.  TVFM to the rescue.   The answer:   Leo Beer

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

This forecast might be correct if you live around CM or other places NW.    Not sure if this massive storm is heading East.  Likely NE.

Where are the "Global Warming" cries!!   Earth is dying! screams.  Save our planet! yells.   This rain is not 100% normal and we must realize it's a major change to the environment and might be the beginning of the end!!!    or not!!    Imagine if it's hot and then cold and then hot?  Who to blame?? Don't worry, I'll fix it.  TVFM to the rescue.   The answer:   Leo Beer

Probably el ninjo would be a more correct answer, happen every seven years or so. <deleted> I don't drink beer in Thailand, am I in trouble now.

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Where is all this rain coming from , seems like it's been raining every

week so far this year , only had to water the garden once, and its

doing a good job of keeping the air clear up here in Chiang Mai,now

its officially the rainy season ,it will stop raining .........

Then India and Pakistan have been having 50 c temperatures ,bet they

wish they had some, 

regards Worgeordie

I live further North of Chiang Mai and thought I was was the only one who had noticed the regular rain since the cool season finished.

The last few days the rain has been torrential with localized flooding causing a few schools to close.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I live further North of Chiang Mai and thought I was was the only one who had noticed the regular rain since the cool season finished.

The last few days the rain has been torrential with localized flooding causing a few schools to close.

Torrential rain for the past 4 days/nights in CM ....... finally it's stopped raining this morning.

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Where is all this rain coming from , seems like it's been raining every

week so far this year , only had to water the garden once, and its

doing a good job of keeping the air clear up here in Chiang Mai,now

its officially the rainy season ,it will stop raining .........

Then India and Pakistan have been having 50 c temperatures ,bet they

wish they had some, 

regards Worgeordie

Errrr; it's coming from the Sky !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stargeezr said:

Rain or heat?  I think I like the rain, in rainy season. Of course if it lasts days, that is not fun at all.

At least when it's raining it is somewhat cooler.

A welcome change after the bloody heat of the hot season.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, BritManToo said:

Torrential rain for the past 4 days/nights in CM ....... finally it's stopped raining this morning.

We had no rain yesterday although it was threatened, and again today, my chickens, ducks and guinea fowl are all drying out. !!!!!!!