Covid 19 Extensions Extended Until July 25th

I have a METV. At the moment I'm on a normal 30 day extension for my first entry. I will have to do a border run soon, technically leaving the country.

Is it possible to get a covid extension instead of doing the border run, even though my visa is still valid?

17 minutes ago, glock19 said:

Is it possible to get a covid extension instead of doing the border run, even though my visa is still valid?

You should be able to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

It might though depend upon the office where you apply since the do a have discretion about issuing them.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:59 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

No letter is needed and you complete a affidavit to select the reason you need the extension.

You will have to do the 30 day extension before you apply for the 60 day extension.

Where do you do the affidavit?

19 minutes ago, onebaht said:

Does this mean you can apply for 60 day extension on 20th July until end of September?

The 60 day extension would commence from expiry of your permission of stay.

If that was July 20..…you could apply couple of weeks prior and have 60 days from July 20.

So yes POS till late September.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, onebaht said:

Wow that's amazing, does anyone know if Chiang Mai is a good immi office to get extension?

I haven't read negative reports from CM.

Certainly there are (as usual) some immigration offices being warlords.

I assisted couple of friends at Hua Hin where that office was not using affidavit and insisted upon letter from your embassy.

Not surprisingly 5k (each) facilitated the deal.

Keep an eye on posts relating to this in July.

Chat from the couple in question attached.

And sums up some Thai immigration offices

Screenshot_20220530-210530.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

Is it possible to get a covid extension instead of extending a non-o retirement extension for a second year? Any reports of that happening successfully or any problems? For do-it-yourself without an agent.

If you entered the country with a non-o visa you are not eligible for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you entered the country with a non-o visa you are not eligible for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

I will be entering on the non-o extension with a single re-entry permit.

What if I overstay my non-O extension by three days? In other words, depart the country three after the extension expires. Is there a grace period of any kind? What are the risks?

12 hours ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

What if I overstay my non-O extension by three days? In other words, depart the country three after the extension expires. Is there a grace period of any kind? What are the risks?

There is no grace period. You will be fined 500 baht for every day of overstay.

The only risk is getting caught with a overstay before you leave the country.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

What if I overstay my non-O extension by three days

I assume that your not married.

If you were you could apply for extension.

You could apply for an extension eg (covid extension) and upon refusal be given 7 days to exit Thailand.

Most folk will suggest just pay the 1500b overstay at airport when leaving. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SEAsia Traveler said:

In addition to the fine, there are long term risks with the overstay. It acts as a bit of a black mark that can be taken into consideration by Immigration Officials in various situations in the future. My advice is to avoid the overstay. Apply for the extension (denied) and receive an order to leave Thailand within seven days. That way, everything is legal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got a COVID extension "under consideration" stamp today in Chiang Mai that lets me stay 15 more days for the moment. They told me I need to go back with my passport on the 16th of June to get my other 45 days. From what I read on this forum this "under consideration stamp" is pretty much normal procedure ?

Do the remaining 45 days get granted every time ?

This is my first COVID extension ever.

8 minutes ago, RedReding said:

I got a COVID extension "under consideration" stamp today in Chiang Mai that lets me stay 15 more days for the moment. They told me I need to go back with my passport on the 16th of June to get my other 45 days. From what I read on this forum this "under consideration stamp" is pretty much normal procedure ?

You will be given the remaining 45 days.

It's a given. Just return on the date indicated for your final stamp

Edited by DrJack54

On 6/2/2022 at 3:30 PM, RedReding said:

I was told verbally last time (for period ending may 25) we have "new rule" only 60 days if you apply on your last day of expiration. I applied 5 days early and when i came back later to get my stamp yep it was only 55 day extension. This was the first time this happened to me when applying early. The screws seem to be tightening so to speak. Are they still doing it this way currently?

Edited by at15

7 hours ago, at15 said:

I was told verbally last time (for period ending may 25) we have "new rule" only 60 days if you apply on your last day of expiration. I applied 5 days early and when i came back later to get my stamp yep it was only 55 day extension. This was the first time this happened to me when applying early. The screws seem to be tightening so to speak. Are they still doing it this way currently?

Which office advised you of this "new rule"?  First time I've heard of this.

Edited by audaciousnomad

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Which office advised you of this "new rule".  First time I've heard of this.

Chiang Mai. It seems every time i go there is confusion over this but this is the first time i got robbed some days. The girl was insistent i only get 60 days from day of application and this is how it is now. Maybe it was a mistake and they thought it was my first covid extension. Because i think thats how it works only on your first one.

Edited by at15

Hypothetical, sort of.

I got TWO COVID-19 extensions before, but I'm not on an extension at the moment (Non-b). 

I have heard my province is difficult when it comes to getting an extension.

Let's say in July I decide to get an extension and they say, "No."   Should I simply move to another city and get one there?   That wouldn't be an inconvenience, actually.  I might go ask them ahead of time, and I might not need this option.

but I'm curious.  

• 1 month later...