Covid 19 Extensions Extended Until July 25th

11 minutes ago, Pi Sek said:

I've just phoned Samui Immigration - they told me that the only extension they can do is a 7-day (so I presume the "7-day get out" one). 

For a non-B multiple valid until this July with a Work Permit valid until February (next year). 

I'm in Suratthani now, I'll give them the same question. 

Suratthani Immigration have just told me that Samui have got it wrong and they've extended the Covid extensions until 25 July. They said that Samui Immigration probably haven't got the news yet. 

I asked if I should go to them because Samui just told me "no". They told me it's better to stick with the Samui office, and they need an appointment anyway. I told them that I might get back in touch in a couple of days! 

6 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

They know it's going to be awhile before the tourists begin returning en masse. Until then, these are the only tourists they're going to get.

no ....  they are coming according to TAT ....

The TAT said this week that it plans to target ‘wealthy tourists‘ as it works out its marketing plan as it contributes to the recovery the Thai economy following a 2 year hiatus due to closed borders and restrictions.

TAT says the estimate for the total number of tourists this year will be at least 8 million. This is more realistic than earlier estimates of 10 or 15 million visitors coming to Thailand in 2022, reported in earlier articles this year. Back in November 2021 the TAT Governor predicted some 20 million visitors would visit Thailand during 2022.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pi Sek said:

Suratthani Immigration have just told me that Samui have got it wrong and they've extended the Covid extensions until 25 July. They said that Samui Immigration probably haven't got the news yet. 

I asked if I should go to them because Samui just told me "no". They told me it's better to stick with the Samui office, and they need an appointment anyway. I told them that I might get back in touch in a couple of days! 

OK - I decided to drop by Suratthani Immigration as I am close by and spoke with a police-uniformed Immigration Officer named Khun "Don" (his surname was "Hiemnan" or similar).

He had a look at my passport, my visa, all the extensions so far, and he told me that it is no problem to get another 60-day extension. He was surprised that I knew of the July issue, as it was only confirmed this morning. 

He told me that Samui probably hadn't got the news yet, but that they will issue the extension. 

As so many are stamped in until 24 May (tomorrow), I expect there to be a few people sweating at Samui Immigration today and tomorrow. Fortunately I have until 27th. 

Samui Immigration told me on the phone that there is no good reason to extend the Covid visas as the Hat Yai border is open. 

7 minutes ago, Pi Sek said:

Samui Immigration told me on the phone that there is no good reason to extend the Covid visas as the Hat Yai border is open.

Not up to rogue offices such as what you were told by Samui immigration.

Covid extensions have been made available untill July 25.

Just typical Thai immigration office rubbish. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not up to rogue offices such as what you were told by Samui immigration.

Covid extensions have been made available untill July 25.

Just typical Thai immigration office rubbish. 

Samui Immigration have just flat out told me that Suratthani (and Krabi, as I saw above) are incorrect. They advised me to leave the country. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pi Sek said:

Samui Immigration have just flat out told me that Suratthani (and Krabi, as I saw above) are incorrect. They advised me to leave the country. 

All you can do is file a TM30 for province that is issuing covid extensions by the rules in place and obtain CE there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The plot thickens... still at Suratthani Immigration. 

In short, it looks like I will have to get a 7-day extension on Friday and do a border run next week.

Apparently I have been illegal ever since the first Covid extension in May 2020, and the Labour Department should have rejected my last 3 work permit renewals because the Covid extensions invalidated my 3-year non-B. 

I will be "legal" again the moment I come back in on an entry stamp!

A "TIT" moment, evidently. 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2022 at 12:41 AM, rbkk said:

I applied for my 11th Covid-19 extension on Friday. As usual no problems except to note that the return date is now in a month (19 June). It used to be 10 days, then 14 days and now 1 month later.

Wow, 11th covid extension! May I ask have you encountered any resistance from IOs and which office/s? I did only 4 extension and was told to either leave or pay.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No

But getting one will reduce your waiting time. 

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/

Much appreciated, alas, no hope of an appointment for tomorrow. Never occurred to me they reopened the system. Oh well I have one for the 25th and of course a stamp for the 24th. Into the fray once again. 

Edited by n00dle
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DDJJ said:

Wow, 11th covid extension! May I ask have you encountered any resistance from IOs and which office/s? I did only 4 extension and was told to either leave or pay.

I've been on covid extensions from the beginning, no problems whatsoever. Very straight forward and immigration have usually been friendly.What do mean by pay, pay 1900 or pay something else? 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, MarcelV said:

You all know I called this out. Now give me the respect I deserve.

These extensions will continue until the emergency decree ends. Mark my words.

If you look up my posts, you can find exactly where I said so.

*proud*

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

yes, it seems they do not want to stamp 60 days. I had a "under consideration" for May 19. I went to CW on the 18th to get the stamp, explainging to them, again when they first issued it, I had a flight on the 19th so I would be travelling on an expired visa , if the airline decided to look. They would NOT give me my stamp and suggested if I had a problem at the airport to call an Immigration officer. Thankfully, no problems on my flights.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Des1 said:

yes, it seems they do not want to stamp 60 days. I had a "under consideration" for May 19. I went to CW on the 18th to get the stamp, explainging to them, again when they first issued it, I had a flight on the 19th so I would be travelling on an expired visa , if the airline decided to look. They would NOT give me my stamp and suggested if I had a problem at the airport to call an Immigration officer. Thankfully, no problems on my flights.

Flight to where? 

If exit Thailand then the under consideration stamp is irrelevant. 

30 minutes ago, Des1 said:

no, domestic flight

Nobody checks immigration stamps for domestic flights. Also, you're not "on an expired visa" if the under consideration date passes without getting the final stamp yet.

5 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Are you returning to your original city soon?  You have to get the 60-day inked in at the same office that issued you the under consideration. Any other office will not be able to give you the stamp.

Good point.

He should have posted if returning. 

As I posted above he can travel and have agent obtain stamp.

Bit strange not to book flight after obtaining stamp.

Esp for domestic flight. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Des1 said:

no, domestic flight

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in Thailand until your extension application is approved. No problem at all to travel within Thailand.

Of course you would have to return to the same office to get the 60 day stamp on the report back date.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You could leave your pp with someone (agent, wife etc) to have them return for stamp. 

I would not suggest doing that. A bit risky not having your passport to show if a authority was to ask for it. Checking in to a hotel could also be a problem.

Thanks for your comments. My trip went ok, no problems. I was just trying to avoid any possible issues with my visa while travelling. I went back to CW on the 23rd to get my passport stamped. They remembered me and knew why i was late, not getting it done on the 19th.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DDJJ said:

No resistance encountered at all. In fact the opposite. More than the majority of times they have done all the form filling in and I am just asked to sign. It is my local immigration office and i hope you can accept my wish to not disclose it's location for fear of it being swamped by problem cases outside of it's area. I have been using this office since 1998. Interestingly, on my last visit last Friday, there was another chap also getting his 11th Covid-19 extension who was next to be served. He also reported to of never had any problems there. It does seem like the 'Tourist' areas report the most hassles. Koh Samui Chiang Mai, Hua Hin, Pattaya etc.

Since there seem to be never ending covid extensions I would be interested to hear what people think about the possibility of the STV (special tourist visa) being continued? I believe it expires the end of Sept.

1 hour ago, Des1 said:

Since there seem to be never ending covid extensions I would be interested to hear what people think about the possibility of the STV (special tourist visa) being continued? I believe it expires the end of Sept.

I'd guess they'll extend it again, as tourism recovery is sluggish.

But who knows at this point, certainly not those who will make the decision(last-minute again no doubt). ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fyi.. if anyone is interested - I used the online system to report my 90 day+ stay in Thailand. It worked perfectly. I received  an email notice that it was approved. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1