qatar airways refund policy

beaufoy

In nov 2021 we had to cancel our flight from ireland to Thailand . Qatar airways have still not given us a refund.

They continually change the goal posts concerning getting a refund. Qatar airways have a bangkok office which deals with refunds but they say they will not help us then they say they will help us then they say they will not. 

When they say they will not help they give the reason that we booked in Ireland they say if we had booked in thailand they would help. They might change their minds again but at present they say we have got to do all comunications and legal dealings with their Doha qatar office.

Doha office sometimes say the reason why we have not received a refund is because we closed the bank account we used to pay for the ticket and they want papers from the bank where we closed the account. Said bank ignores my requests for said papers supposibly because my account is closed  and so the problem is nothing to do with them. I have told Qatar airways that my ex bank refuse to supply papers/info. After telling Qatar airways of the non co-operation on the part of my ex bank   qatar airways say it is ok we do not need said papers...

Then a few weeks later Qatat airways change their minds and say they do need the papers.........my problem is qatar airways main office is in Doha qatar and hence it is pointless starting legal action against them . However Qatar do have a large office in bangkok can I use said office to serve legal papers in order to try to get back the 100,000 baht qatatar airways owe me

You would(could) lose probably half of the money if not more in legal fees.

I would suggest you write to Doha, explain whats happened and make it clear that you will not acceot any further excuses or deviations. Inform them if it isnt resolved within a reasonable time from the date of yiur letter you will then proceed with legal action.

I would advise not to try and  do that in Thailand but from Ireland if possibe where you have better communication and probably alot cheaper methods.

Send an email to their head office in Qatar.

[email protected]

I would email them and treat it as a new refund request,  therefore forget all the past delays,  just send the email as a new refund request and see how you go.

Explain your issue briefly,   giving your name, flight details and attached photo of the ticket. 

Be courteous but straight.   Don't ramble on ......  just explain your refund has been delayed far too long.

*Please action my request and referenced complaint for the refund amount of THB .............. within 7 days to avoid and further legal discussions regarding this matter.

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 1

Give flyer talk a look also.  In some of the threads there, there is some specific contact points to expedite the process.  I was looking there a few days ago for something else and saw a contact point where a Qatar Air rep could be contacted directly.  Sorry I can't remember the actual thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cantdrive55 said:

Give flyer talk a look also.  In some of the threads there, there is some specific contact points to expedite the process.  I was looking there a few days ago for something else and saw a contact point where a Qatar Air rep could be contacted directly.  Sorry I can't remember the actual thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/

I suspect I have been in contact with all qatar air reps they all agree that I should receive a refund but they seem to be reluctant to pay the money they owe me....The best way is to give them bad publicity but the media always side with big business, and an individual has to be careful because harrassment laws ie a company steals money nothing happens but if victim of said theft calls said company a bunch of thieves then he finds himself in court being accused of defamation and harrassment.

I do not have any need or intention to fly anywhere but I have let qatar know that I will consider flight tokens to the value of the money they owe me

18 minutes ago, beaufoy said:

I suspect I have been in contact with all qatar air reps they all agree that I should receive a refund but they seem to be reluctant to pay the money they owe me....The best way is to give them bad publicity but the media always side with big business, and an individual has to be careful because harrassment laws ie a company steals money nothing happens but if victim of said theft calls said company a bunch of thieves then he finds himself in court being accused of defamation and harrassment.

I do not have any need or intention to fly anywhere but I have let qatar know that I will consider flight tokens to the value of the money they owe me

One of the main issues involved is that the original account at the bank you used is closed. Many companies are great at receiving money via third party processors but have no process to issue money other than to reverse a transaction via the original processor.  Several reasons for this, one main one being fraud avoidance on the carrier side. Im not making excuses for them as they should be able to find a solution as Im sure you are not the first and wont be the last one with this issue.  I have personally had a couple of failed flights and always credited back quickly or given a voucher on my request.   They have a facebook page also and you can post there for more visibility. I suspect once you show visibility they will find a way to solve this.   I would try to work thru both the Doha main office and the Ireland contact. They do issue credits vouchers although if you're not flying again then it gets you 1/2 step backward.