Russell Crowe Wants Bangkok Governor Candidates To Answer 3 Questions

webfact

Clearly the Thai 'Heart throb' "actor" recently in the news wasn't considered important enough for anyone to give a chuff about his views, nor those of any other Thai "actor" for that matter.  Mind you I doubt "How can we improve justice for victims of road accidents caused by muppet hi-sos that can't drive (or act)?", or indeed any other meaningful issue that wasn't about "me, me, Me!!", would have been very high on his agenda, if indeed it featured at all! 

That they give a chuff about the views of any actor at all is beyond belief really, especially an actor who isn't Thai and who doesn't even live here!  Why don't you rope Bono and Bob Geldof if for even more pointless thoughts ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fair questions but I don't understand why he's getting involved. 

I reckon he needs to become a member of AN, lots of members here sticking their nose in to Thai affairs, knowing nothing about issues and won't ever make an influence on the outcome of politics. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:
50 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I don't understand why he's getting involved

I guess Channel 7 asked him to:

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Invited by TV Channel 7 to put questions to the candidates

If I had a $120,000,000 I'd be doing other things. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

The OP literally says, in so many words, that Thai Channel 7 tracked him down and asked him to contribute questions - he did not volunteer his thoughts on his own.

No, but he sink as low as to contribute.

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

The OP literally says, in so many words, that Thai Channel 7 tracked him down and asked him to contribute questions - he did not volunteer his thoughts on his own.

Yes, Russell great man, intelligent guy, we grew up in the same city. 

I can understand why he would make an effort to comment when asked, bloody gentlemen.

It would be very different if I was asked, having $120,000,000 you probably wouldn't find me.

I'd be shacked up in my hotel room with 10 Thai Beauties. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 hours ago, webfact said:

What are your thoughts on the volume of water in the Chao Phraya and specifically do you have any thoughts about what can be done to mitigate the regular threat of flooding?

I think his return invite just got binned.

Is this the idiot that suggested to get rid of all overhead cables in lower Sukhumvit ?

The BMH took him seriously & now "poof" all our cable TV has gone.

On the same subject I saw tons & tons of cables being taken away, after the indiscriminate 

cutting down, I wonder who made a fortune out of the copper ?

22 hours ago, bbko said:

I don't get why some here are upset over him being invited to ask some questions to the candidates?  This forum is fill to the rafters with people giving their advice, comments, questions towards Thailand, why is he not allowed to do the same?

Totally agree, I guess some folks just don't think everyone has the same rights to comment. Very sad!

– What are your thoughts on the volume of water in the Chao Phraya and specifically do you have any thoughts about what can be done to mitigate the regular threat of flooding?

Like King <deleted> said  "earth and the sea obey eternal laws."

– What are your thoughts on visible power lines and what other ideas and plans could you have to make beautiful Bangkok even more beautiful?

Cut off digital nomads/netizens WiFi. That would change their minds

– What are your thoughts on making Bangkok more accessible and more friendly to tourists who want to learn more about Thai history and Thai culture?

Tourist come because they believe it to be exotic and different. It is generally friendly if one is polite and not demanding.