Thai Air Asia X Says Bankruptcy Will Not Affect Flight Services

webfact

image.jpeg

By Editor

Thai AirAsia X is preparing to enter business rehabilitation after the Thai Court has accepted its bankruptcy filing on Wednesday, May 18th, though it stresses its operations will not be affected throughout the process.

Airline CEO Patima Jeerapaet revealed the rehabilitation plan aimed to effectively and sustainably proceed with debt management and restructuring after the business had been severely affected by the Covid-19 situation.

He also stressed that the process would not affect the service to passengers in any way and they could use the service as usual. Moreover, Thai AirAsia X also planned to operate its flights to South Korea and Japan from June onwards.

Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Jeerapaet stated: “The fact that Thai AirAsia X entered a business rehabilitation plan during this time was the right and best timing because it was in line with the recovering tourism situation and various governments and countries reopening plans.”

“The business rehabilitation would not affect passenger service as well as the planned flight routes. Passengers who had reserved seats or were hesitant whether to fly with us or not could join our flights to South Korea and Japan in June 2022.

Thai AirAsia X still had plans to expand its growth, including adding new frequencies and routes in the future.” Jeerapaet concluded.

Source: https://royalcoastreview.com/2022/05/thai-air-asia-x-says-bankruptcy-will-not-affect-flight-services/

image.png

-- © Copyright Royal Coast Review 2022-05-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thai AirAsia X is preparing to enter business rehabilitation after the Thai Court has accepted its bankruptcy filing on Wednesday, May 18th, though it stresses its operations will not be affected throughout the process.

Why? - Is the service so bad?? .......LOL

Well. I'm m not convinced.

They announced flight s from Japan starting June 5 on April 22. But still not flights listed. There are igjts from July.

I emailed Thai AirAsia a week ago tonask if there would actually be flights in June. The reply today said they were escaling my question. An easy question to answer deferred, so I suspect things are more difficult than being let on.

I had my flight BKK to NRT booked with them for 5th June.

Wednesday , received an e-mail from them informing me of flight cancellation.

Looked on the website for alternative date.

Nothing for June.

Applied for a refund.

Refund approved.

Friday , AirAsiaX announce they are filing for bankruptcy.

Buggar!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bangon04 said:

no surprise... Thai Airways has been "bankrupt" for decades and it has not affected them......

Quite true.

but it is understandable that every airline in the world is or almost is bankrupt from the covid losses.

as for Thai Airways it’s just a basket case kept in operation for national pride.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reigntax said:

as for Thai Airways it’s just a basket case kept in operation for national pride

Overpriced and as smooth as hessian, I stopped using them years ago, allowing pished passengers to board and continuing to serve them booze, even after complaints to the crew, while they annoyed everyone around them. 

• Haha 1