Covid - Should I See Doc?

Neeranam

I did a COVID test and am positive. 

I've felt very tired, sore muscles and cough for 3 days.

Feeling a bit better today but a sore throat. 

Is there any need to see the doctor? My daughters tell me I should. 

Why would you ?  As with every minor viral sniffle, cough, simply treat the symptoms.  A doc can't do any more than that.  Why waste your time & money.

Especially since you already, and probably accurately diagnosed the cause.  If it wasn't you posting, I'd suspect this as a wind up ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Why would you ?  As with every minor viral sniffle, cough, simply treat the symptoms.  A doc can't do any more than that.  Why waste your time & money.

Especially since you already, and probably accurately diagnosed the cause.  If it wasn't you posting, I'd suspect this as a wind up ????

They are probably brainwashed by the local media. They said as I got Sinovac, it doesn't offer as good protection as Western ones.

I said I would research, which I am. 

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

She sent me this. 

https://bewell.co.th/positive-test-instructions/

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

From OP ... "Feeling a bit better today"

Seems the worse is winding down.   Would only seek medical assistance if symptoms worsened.  I simple flu symptoms for a week or so, then the doc can't do much more than you, and that's simply treat symptoms if bothersome.

Don't know if you're a 'mask'er' ????  but may want to wear one if going out, and avoid being around any 50+ aged folks.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

You only need to see a doctor if you want to claim on insurance or fly anywhere. (Fit to fly certificate.)

You should quarantine for 5 days as you can pass Covid on to vulnerable people.

no insurance will pay anymore just for positive (those insurance companies are bankrupt) and recovery certificate not needed, as very few countries require any entry testing.

Certainly coming back to thailand is testless from 1st May. From 1st June even unvaxed can enter with no any testing

swimming likely lower your body temperature, you can catch cold, worsen symptoms.

Very moderate physical activity is good, in the well ventilated room, around property. 

You need body vital energy to be used against infection, not for sports. Take easy for a week or so.

Just resting and recovering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...you can catch cold".

What does that mean in the real world, doc?

chances of getting another infection, common cold, risk of flue A or B. 

Any bacteria from water.

Irritation from chlorinated water.

No doctor would advice swimming while sick with respiratory track.

No, I am not a doctor.

Now please do give the op your sensible advice

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, RedBackman said:

If you have severe symptoms like trouble breathing, chest pain, pale or blue lips/skin then get to the hospital for treatment.

That would be (too) late.

You should have a pulse oximeter (Shoppee or any pharmacy, less than 1000 B) and check saturation 3 times a day. If it is 92-93% or less walk around a couple of minutes,  it should go up. If saturation stays 92-93% or less for several hours go to hospital,  you may need oxygen.  Do not wait until the next day.

This is the only really important advice. But it was important with the old variants, with omicron most people manage very well without a pulse oximeter. The risk is low. 

If you are adventurous and want to do more,  google Pulmicort and fluvoxamine and you will find the relevant studies. Personally, I would not recommend fluvoxamine to a layman. The usage of Pulmicort is disputed.

The only really helpful medication is Paxlovid. You need good connections and preexisting conditions to get it. Under no circumstances should someone self-medicate with Paxlovid.

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

From 1st June even unvaxed can enter with no any testing

Untrue.  Unvaccinated passengers will still require a test within 72 hours before travelling even after 1st June.

Edited by treetops

2 hours ago, treetops said:

Untrue.  Unvaccinated passengers will still require a test within 72 hours before travelling even after 1st June.

true, they won't be coming to thailand if positive. Airline will refuse them boarding. 

Most airlines will re-book free in case of any medical emergency, even in the cheapest class.

6 minutes ago, internationalism said:

true, they won't be coming to thailand if positive. Airline will refuse them boarding. 

They need a negative test to get the Thailand Pass.  They will be refused boarding if they don't have the Pass.  Nothing to do with being positive.

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...you can catch cold".

What does that mean in the real world, doc?

I know you're being sarcastic, but most professionals rightfully believe that lower body temperatures have a negative effect on the body's immune system.

So the advice was excellent ????

• Like 1

Bromhexine 8mg and chlorpheniramine 4mg helped with the symptoms. Sent from the hospital/doctor via the local health worker. Didn't bother with the herbal stuff or the paracetamol they also sent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Please explain to me why, vaccinated at age 78, I had COVID for 3 days and fully recovered.

No loss of taste or smell, no fever, no headache. Sore throat and runny nose.

Please explain to me why my GF, unvaccinated, had COVID for 10 days, 23 years younger than me. Sore throat, runny nose, lost her sense of taste and smell, fever, headache.

Or an unvaccinated friend in Chiang Rai, who had fatigue for two months, still has concentration  and short term memory loss problems six months afterwards.

These are not "sources", these are my personal experiences.

Unfortunately there will always be those who have an agenda against the vaccines and that even goes for physicians.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately there will always be those who have an agenda against the vaccines and that even goes for physicians.......

It's a contest between fact-based science and belief. Frequently the volume of belief is quite a few notches higher on social media, where everyone can have confirmation of their biases by other believers.

I am amused by the climate deniers who claim children are being brainwashed into belief in climate science. The same people probably quite happily send their children off to Sunday School or sectarian colleges, to be indoctrinated into belief of an entity they cannot see, touch or hear.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

personally i have no such agenda,    you got vaxxed   you got sick.   most likely you also passed it on to others,   

i am not vaxxed,  never sick,      So obviously I also did not cause anyone else to get sick.   

no agenda.     just the facts