Covid - Should I See Doc?

Neeranam

19 minutes ago, rumak said:

Please explain why my friend and his wife , vaccinated,  got covid and had to go into hospital.  Their 80 year old mother who lives with them, unvaccinated,  did not get covid.    Surely you are intelligent enough to know that a few anecdotal cases are not a basis for a conclusion.  

My daughter and husband vaccinated were sicker than their 2 year old son !   He barely had the sniffles. 

And......... the mrs and me are unvaccinated and are in shops and markets all the time and healthy as can be.   Five of my friends got  the shot and all got sick.      

I hate to say it..... but you do not understand the real facts.   Heck,   even a moderator here and an ex moderator i know got bad side effects !   

You are unvaccinated, yes. How do you know you have not had COVID already, and were asymptomatic? Have you been tested for antibodies?

Of course a 2 yo is not going to have problems, COVID mainly affects the elderly and infirm. Who is using an anecdotal case now.

Kindly desist from the "open mind" stuff. I'm a scientist who lives by facts and data, and I find the suggestion downright insulting. Real facts? How do you know the "real facts" you speak of are not concocted by someone, the same accusation you level at governments and health authorities?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rumak said:

Please explain why my friend and his wife , vaccinated,  got covid and had to go into hospital.  Their 80 year old mother who lives with them, unvaccinated,  did not get covid.    Surely you are intelligent enough to know that a few anecdotal cases are not a basis for a conclusion.  

My daughter and husband vaccinated were sicker than their 2 year old son !   He barely had the sniffles. 

And......... the mrs and me are unvaccinated and are in shops and markets all the time and healthy as can be.   Five of my friends got  the shot and all got sick.      

I hate to say it..... but you do not understand the real facts.   Heck,   even a moderator here and an ex moderator i know got bad side effects !   

I don't think here is the right place for your pro or anti vaccine thoughts. 

Both anti and pro are nut jobs, IMHO. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I don't think here is the right place for your pro or anti vaccine thoughts. 

Both anti and pro are nut jobs, IMHO. 

I know what you mean. All those insane pro-vax epidemiologists and virologists. They should be ignored.

12 hours ago, rumak said:

personally i have no such agenda,    you got vaxxed   you got sick.   most likely you also passed it on to others,   

i am not vaxxed,  never sick,      So obviously I also did not cause anyone else to get sick.   

no agenda.     just the facts 

It may be obvious to you that you never passed it on. But you could have been asymptomatic. Roughly 40% are. So your claim that you didn't pass it on is entirely unverifiable.

On 5/22/2022 at 1:01 PM, Neeranam said:

I did a COVID test and am positive. 

I've felt very tired, sore muscles and cough for 3 days.

Feeling a bit better today but a sore throat (...)

Well, a doctor at the hospital would sell you overpriced paracetamol and maybe a few other pills. What else can he do? (It's not like there is a shot against Covid he can give you.)

I'd go if I had serious breathing problems or other serious symptoms.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So, still in my cell and staring at my swimming pool. 

Can covid be spread by using the same small pool?

It's doubtful IF the pool has any free residual chlorine, even 0.1 ppm will do the trick.

Chlorination is intended to destroy bacteria, with an average diameter of 1000 to 2000 nm. At 125 nm in diameter, coronavirus would be a mere snack.

If you are not disinfecting your pool, you should be, because it can spread all kinds of nasties.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Just did a Saliva test and shows negative. 

A friend, that was positive before me is still positive. 

I guess I'm free to go out and socialize. 

I would suggest repeating the test to be on the safe side, with another brand of ATK. Some ATK kits are returning false negatives. If you get the same result, you are good to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If you are not disinfecting your pool, you should be, because it can spread all kinds of nasties.

Any pools not "disinfected" by maintaining the correct Chlorine and pH levels very quickly and obviously become unfit to swim in. If the OP's pool has regular maintenance and he fancies a swim he should go for it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, partington said:

Just a general point I have to say,  people - arguing for or against vaccinations, whatever - should learn the simple scientific principle that your experiences and those of two or three people you happen to know tell you nothing at all about the truth and have no evidentiary value. 

Thinking it does is as absurd if I said to you " I can't understand how Labor won the election because me and my two closest friends, and my mother-in-law, all voted Liberal!"

The experiences of a couple of people tell you nothing, whether you know them or not, and whether you are one of them or not!

The truth is learned by statistical analysis of what happens in a very large sample of people, large enough to be a fair representation of the entire population you are studying. Only this counts, and only this is evidence. This applies to every conclusion you ever draw, about anything under the sun!

EDIT: just noticed that arithai12 made the same point, with  even better examples, a few posts up. I'll leave mine anyway as it bears repeating ????

Some other poster called anti-maskers "irresponsible, reckless selfish Karens". The best characterization of all these covid-deniers, anti-vaxxers and mask-refusers in 2 years. 

They don't want to be convinced,  they are not interested in statistics or rational arguments at all.