Divorce

Joe moir 5

Hi there, I’m looking for some advice if possible.

I have been separated from my wife for 1 year now. And she still won’t sign any divorce papers. 
I know in Scotland after 2 years I can apply for divorce without her signing, but will this divorce be legal in Thailand also?

• Confused 1

your problem is i gather she isn't missing as such, just refuses to cooperate? where are you at the moment? where is she? was the marriage registered at either the british embassy or in scotland? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jastheace said:

your problem is i gather she isn't missing as such, just refuses to cooperate? where are you at the moment? where is she? was the marriage registered at either the british embassy or in scotland? 

We were married at an Amphur office in Bangkok. The marriage is registered in the UK also.

Yes she thinks she entitled to all this stuff I don’t have.

im currently in Scotland and she is still Bangkok.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Have you gotten legal advice, from a good source? Best to move this forward asap. 

I have spoken to a few

lawyers in Bangkok and the have been useless and can’t tell me any answers to my questions.

Where ia the agents when you need them to real complicated stuff? 

where is your wife living? 

I guess you will not get your divorce before the probate process is finished and signed, but if she do not cooperate I guess there is automatically in your favor? If she lives in your country, you have to start there first, bring the legal divorce document with a translated copy to the Ampure and try to convince them. Maybe with a connection who bribe them. If not I read it is a long long process to finely get a divorce in thailand if she do not cooperate. 

If you do not have any further connections to Thailand, move on the next country, and leave the problem to her. 

18 minutes ago, Joe moir 5 said:

We were married at an Amphur office in Bangkok. The marriage is registered in the UK also.

Yes she thinks she entitled to all this stuff I don’t have.

im currently in Scotland and she is still Bangkok.

have you any plans to go to Thailand in the near future? i don't know how well off she is, but if you were in Thailand, divorce is easier than the marriage. i'm also in the same boat, and plan to wave the price of a brand new honda PCX in 1000 baht bills in her face to sign the paper. (her old bike is knackered), otherwise, unless she goes to scotland, there doesn't seem to be much she can do. just hope that she doesn't get involved with another brit, and go on holiday with him to the british isles.

just to add a couple of pointers, seek some legal advice in your home country. it'll probably be the best £150 you'll ever spend. another idea, assuming you have no children...... PM me...

1 hour ago, jastheace said:

have you any plans to go to Thailand in the near future? i don't know how well off she is, but if you were in Thailand, divorce is easier than the marriage. i'm also in the same boat, and plan to wave the price of a brand new honda PCX in 1000 baht bills in her face to sign the paper. (her old bike is knackered), otherwise, unless she goes to scotland, there doesn't seem to be much she can do. just hope that she doesn't get involved with another brit, and go on holiday with him to the british isles.

Yes I am planning to go back to live in Bangkok. I have a note of separation recorded with my Solicitor in Scotland.

So I not sure how seeing other people in Thailand would be. I imagine just the same as UK when separated.

My plan was to wait the 2 year periods then I only need to sign myself.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Where ia the agents when you need them to real complicated stuff? 

where is your wife living? 

I guess you will not get your divorce before the probate process is finished and signed, but if she do not cooperate I guess there is automatically in your favor? If she lives in your country, you have to start there first, bring the legal divorce document with a translated copy to the Ampure and try to convince them. Maybe with a connection who bribe them. If not I read it is a long long process to finely get a divorce in thailand if she do not cooperate. 

If you do not have any further connections to Thailand, move on the next country, and leave the problem to her. 

She is living in Bangkok atm.  I Will

be returning there this year. 
she won’t sign anything unless

she receives a <deleted> load of cash which I won’t give her.

So my option is to wait out the 2 years separation period then I can sign the papers myself.

I wonder if I can see other people in that period in Thailand???

36 minutes ago, Joe moir 5 said:

She is living in Bangkok atm.  I Will

be returning there this year. 
she won’t sign anything unless

she receives a <deleted> load of cash which I won’t give her.

So my option is to wait out the 2 years separation period then I can sign the papers myself.

I wonder if I can see other people in that period in Thailand???

If course you can se others, but if same rules as Norway, you can not move back together with your wife during the seperation. It will violence the terms of seperation for divorce.

Edited by Hummin