Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 50,000 baht stolen allegedly by transgender individuals on Pattaya Beach Road, sixth recent incident

webfact

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

50,000 baht stolen by what he believed were transgender individuals

OMG, it's not going to stop. 

This first gold snatching incident below has ballooned into a proper, professional scam. 

If I were the cops I'd be talking to the 2 original guys (the guy on the left looks like my neighbor, he's a Dodgy character) 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1258923-indian-tourist-in-pattaya-says-a-transgender-thief-took-his-expensive-necklace-on-second-road-overnight/

Screenshot_2022-05-23-04-55-11-21_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

2 hours ago, smedly said:

hmm, Indians the biggest scammers on the planet

I just wonder

Quality tourists ? more like quality scammers and let's hope they get fined and deported for wasting police time. 

• Like 2

I have misjudged those Indians. If I'd start being more like them(share more more often), I too could afford a two baht necklace. I've never myself actually seen an Indian tourist with a gold necklace but those Ladyboys got good eyesight I suspect; lots of hidden talents there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier this morning, at 03.30 a.m. on May 21st, Pol. Maj. Gen. Thanya Udthong from the Pattaya Police Station was notified of a thief/thieves who snatched a gold necklace from an Indian tourist walking in front of a shopping mall on Pattaya Beach Road.

3- 1/2 hours after closing time?

• Like 1

There seems to be a trend here 

Indian wealthy  tourists wearing gold necklaces

Getting them stolen 

Maybe their travel agents should advise them against wearing gold 

Or even the hotel they are staying in don't what gold 

Let's see how many incidents in the coming days weeks ect 

First of all, one needs to exercise caution. You simply do not take a stranger to your hotel room, and leave your valuables and cash out in the open. Second, the economic destruction and decimation here is significant. Unemployment is likely around 15% nationwide. So, there is more desperation that usual. Unless you are a very desperate soul, who is constantly needing to impress people, you do not wear valuable and ostentatious jewelry at this time. Just be smart, and use your wisdom.

And avoid ladyboys. Though I am sure many are cool, alot are criminals, and it seems Pattaya attracts alot of the bad ones. Stopping on a sidewalk to engage a ladyboy, or allow one to engage you, is not smart. Especially when it comes to a group of them. Basic stuff. We have to exercise more care, and be more prudent than ever. Not fearful or paranoid. Just careful. Basic survival stuff. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's more likely that lady boy snatch thieves in Pattaya are targeting Indian tourists because of their affinity for wearing gold jewelry. They may also be being targeted because they are perceived as racially less desirable sex clientele, and it's therefore rationalized that it's OK to rip them off (drugging, overcharging, thievery.) Indian males, (who reportedly like to explore Pattaya in small groups of men) may feel a false sense of security because they are part of a group. The dangers of wearing jewelry in Pattaya's red light districts may not have been fully publicized back in India. According to the internet, a very small percentage of Indian households carry homeowner's property insurance (presumably the coverage such thefts would be covered under). I hope posters speculating that this is likely all a scam on the part of Indian tourists will consider the above points.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1