Patong entertainment businesses will generate at least 10 million Baht per night after legally open

webfact

10 million per night

Wow! Does that mean they have only been losing 10 950 000 000 baht, during the approx. 3 year of Covid restrictions? Just a drop in the ocean, right?

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1

cough cough! choke choke! ???? i'm having a coughing fit after hurriedly gobbling up this stir fried delusion

someone who knows how to do the Heimlich maneuver save me please

1 hour ago, proton said:

Entertainment business= prostitution business ????

Nothing new there, and FYI it has been available through the period of Covid and closures as well. Actually at a discount price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Patong – After Patong entertainment businesses are legally open, they will generate at least 10 million Baht per night, said the president of the Patong Entertainment Business Association (PEBA).

Beer & boom-boom.

Thailands answer to entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can see them easily making that target. If you factor in the Thai way of doing business, i.e. no hotel bookings, so raise the price of the rooms to make up the shortfall. However, the problem may lay in the new prices.  To allow for two years closure a small Chang is now 1,245 Baht, a shot of local whiskey is 1442 Baht, and foreign shots are priced on application.

4 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

How many people out spending money each night? 

Let's say 100 bars each with 100 customers, that is 10,000 people. 

Each person spends an average of 2000 baht.   

That gives a daily revenue of 20 million.

They are being conservative.

You've convinced me...I'm off to open 3 or 4 bars.... can't go wrong!!!

• Haha 2

Wow, even 10 million baht, is a lot of money per night for only one bar area like,  Patong.

Phuket must have lots and lots of tourists, even during this low season, or rainy season,

or Spring to Fall season in the northern hemisphere. Yup, I would agree that using

a cheap calculator is not a good thing to do. I kind of doubt that all the present travelers

are such heavy drinkers.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:29 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

In other news: After Patong entertainment businesses are legally open, the police will earn at last 100k less per night.

Nah, they'll make more.  You can't extort money from a closed business, and a closed bar isn't paying bribes to stay open late.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:33 AM, Freddy42OZ said:

Ignoring the fact that the average bar in Patong has a capacity of 10 or less patrons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

Nah, they'll make more.  You can't extort money from a closed business, and a closed bar isn't paying bribes to stay open late.

At least in Bangkok the BiB charges a lot to let those legal "restaurants" have girls dancing on stage. Without those donations the gogo bars would still be "restaurants".

On 5/23/2022 at 11:33 AM, Freddy42OZ said:

When I was going to bars before COVID, often me and my pal were the only customers, I can't remember there ever being more than 6-7 customers and that was unusual. We used to spend 200-300bht each, total for the evening 1,000bht each. There were usually more 'serving girls' than customers. I don't know where your numbers are coming from, but they must be a different type of bar to the ones I frequent.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1