Staying beyond a 30 day visa

1) Can i make a "border run"to extend a 30 day visa?

2) Will the airline let me board knowing my return flight is past 30 days?

3) Lastly immigration,will there be any issues when i land?

Edited by Canuckluck

You can buy a 30 day extension to a visa exempt entry.

You can also do a border run (messy) to obtain another visa exempt entry. 

You ask about issue with airline.

Implies you have not yet arrived in Thailand.

The airline may/will want to see onward flight within 30 days 

You can purchase cheapest throw away ticket or Google "onward flight," for companies that rent you a ticket.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1. I assume you mean a 30 day visa exempt entry. You can apply for a 30 day extension of it.

2. The airline can ask for a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival. It can be a one way to ticket anywhere or a temporary onward tick you can get online for about $12.

Immigration does ask not for ticket out of the country unless they a looking for a reason to deny you entry to the country.

• Thanks 1

Came in visa exempt in March with a 60 day flight return. Never was asked by anyone to show a ticket out within 30 days. Just showed them I had done it a few months prior with the extra 30 stamp and no more questions. Maybe I was just lucky or they were more worried about having all the other paperwork in order. Sure it’s probably case by case. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, Canuckluck said:

Terrific info gents.I appreciate it. Never heard of this onward ticket rental,i will do my due diligence in this Thanks again.Cheers.

I’m a bit unsure what you are trying to do.As you say in your first post you will have a flight ticket that shows more than 30 days with exit flight.If you are going to purchase that flight ticket well in advance why not apply for a tourist visa. 

Are you trying to give yourself maximum flexibility as to when you leave Thailand?

Edited by Hmunker

1 hour ago, Hmunker said:

If you are going to purchase that flight ticket well in advance why not apply for a tourist visa. 

Sounds that the op is looking for stay under 60 days.

That's not completely clear.

For 60 day stay an entry visa exempt with a 30 day extension is a very good option.

The onward flight is easy as outlined earlier in thread

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2022 at 9:20 AM, Hmunker said:

I’m a bit unsure what you are trying to do.As you say in your first post you will have a flight ticket that shows more than 30 days with exit flight.If you are going to purchase that flight ticket well in advance why not apply for a tourist visa. 

Are you trying to give yourself maximum flexibility as to when you leave Thailand?

B/c here in Canada i would have to send my passport via mail to the Thai consulate, wait a few weeks for process and pay to get it back. Granted it's not much $35 i don't want to chance it gets lost/misplaced in transit. I would rather apply for it in country or do a border run. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Canuckluck said:

B/c here in Canada i would have to send my passport via mail to the Thai consulate, wait a few weeks for process and pay to get it back. Granted it's not much $35 i don't want to chance it gets lost/misplaced in transit. I would rather apply for it in country or do a border run. 

Since June of last year the the The embassy and official consulate has been using the e visa site. See: http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/th/บริการกงสุล/ E visa site: https://thaievisa.go.th/

Everything is done online and they will send you stickerless visa by email.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Since June of last year the the The embassy and official consulate has been using the e visa site. See: http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/th/บริการกงสุล/ E visa site: https://thaievisa.go.th/

Everything is done online and they will send you stickerless visa by email.

Will do.You know your stuff about Visas Joe.Thanks for tip.