Five Russian Strippers Arrested In Pattaya

mcd

Pattaya police arrested five naked Russian dancers at POLO A-Go-Go, on walking street, South Pattaya

On 17 June 2007, at 12:30 AM, Police raided a strip show at POLO A-Go-Go, on Walking Street, South Pattaya.

At POLO A-Go-Go, located in a two story building, at 190 Walking Street, Moo 10, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi, in the center of Pattaya’s famous entertainment district, was a downstairs go-go bar. Outside, there were clothed foreign dancers performing behind a glass window. However, inside, Russian strippers were entertaining the audience.

Foreign undercover volunteers, with female police, posed as customers to investigate; and found five Russian strippers, clad only in bikinis, dancing to the delight of the audience. The police immediately arrested the half naked performers.

The five Russian strippers were: Miss Maryna Tseret eli (26); MissYulia Pavlova (23); Miss Nataliya Tymosenko (20); Miss Yuliya Moshorovska (22); and Miss Nadzhyie Topuzova (22)

They all reside at 225/2, Moo 9, Nongprue, Banglamung, ,Chonburi. They all had permits to work as dancers, but they were, nevertheless arrested, as it is a crime to perform unclothed.

Mr. NiRoj Lertchanachai (34) said he was merely the manager and not the owner of the bar. He showed police the business’ license. He stated that the bar was registered under the name of Mr. Banlue Boonmuenwai (35). Mr. Niroj said that he is only a bar manager, not the bar owner. Police weren’t buying his story that he was merely the manager and arrested him, as well as, the naked dancers.

Pol.Lt.Col. Sutat Chueputtarn, said that the intention is to clean up all obscene businesses in order to protect Pattaya’s image. POLO A-Go-Go’s presentation of striptease performances was illegal. The bar operator conspired to allow this nefarious deed to take place in his establishment. Police fined the Russian strippers five hundred baht, each, before releasing them. Police will coordinate with Pattaya Immigration to have them blacklisted. In addition, the local authorities will decide if Polo A-Go-Go can remain open. Police will, also, attempt to locate the establishment’s real owner, so they can take further legal action.

News Type : Crime

Story : Kampee

Photo : Kampee, DC Man

Translater : Sunny T

http://pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000003182

"... found five Russian strippers, clad only in bikinis,"

"They all had permits to work as dancers."

"... it is a crime to perform unclothed."

They were wearing bikinis and had work permits to dance, so what were they arrested for?

According to Weho the patrons of the malls wear less than that. Sounds like a setup by the competition.

Foreign undercover volunteers, with female police, posed as customers to investigate; and found five Russian strippers, clad only in bikinis, dancing to the delight of the audience. The police immediately arrested the half naked performers.

better tell the g/f to dressed up on the beach before the mib lift her

Let's be really pedantic here.

"Strippers" only wear "bikinis" for part of their act.

They start off with fuller clothing and finish with whatever the jurisdiction allows , which may be nothing or a pair of knickers.

Go-go dancers often wear bikinis when performing but they are not naked when they do this , they might be "half naked" but so am I when I go to the beach.

Two suggestions :

A forum rule against Pattaya yellow-press quotes , they are more offensive than other banned topics.

If you come across a "foreign undercover volunteer" give him a kick in the nuts for me willya.

They have been there for years, dancing in full view of the street inside those glass boxes. Always wondered how they got work permits - its not like there is a shortage of girls to 'dance'!

Must have changed the rules and then back again - not like the Thais to do that :o

Edited by observer21

Are they cofusing the massively overpriced Galaxy Cabaret (East European) girls with the more usual Thai girls who do the shows at Polo. Both venues are owned by the same people (I think) and the entrances are next door.

Well, as someone who practically lives at Polo (to the point where, when the staff see me coming they will move people off of my favourite table and set it up the way I like it), let me say a couple things.

The Russian strippers don't dance at POLO !

They dance in the club next door called The Galaxy Club (same owner though). The Galaxy Club and Polo are both UPstairs. It is a totally different club downstairs (inbehind the stairs leading UP to Polo and the Galaxy Club.

The Galaxy Cub is a rip-off joint, with expensive drinks, very expensive lady-drinks, and (gotta love this) mandatory tipping for the dancers ! :o

In any event, had those daring "foreign volunteers" ventured into the actual Polo club beside the Galaxy, I'll bet they would have seen alot more than 5 girls dancing in bikinis (or less). But then, those would be Thai girls, not Russian.

Hahaha, just read the Pattaya Daily News article and saw the pics (fully clothed girls). I do know the "manager" !

Funny how the story says "5 naked dancers" in the first paragraph, and then in the 4th paragraph mentions that they were wearing bikinis.

Is it illegal to wear a bikini in Pattaya ?

I like how the girls aren't trying to hide their faces. In one shot, the blonde is smiling at someone off camera, with no concern at all.

I noticed the part too about the Police coordinating with Immigration to have the girls blacklisted.

Hmmm, didn't we just have a story about some Russian prostitues (one with an expired passport) who were given small fines and let go ? No mention was made in that story about blacklisting them.

Kerryd - thinking same thing if they would have beared right then they'd found more interesting things in Polo(s) than the russian gogo. :D I guess they are cracking down on the ruskies, prob because dosh not forth coming. :o

Last time I was home, evil Raro told me he had planned on photo-shopping a pic of Polo with a big "Closed" sign on it, and was going to send it to me while I was still in the 'stan. :D

When I saw this story and they mentioned Polo, I almost fell off my chair ! My first thought was to blame Raro (thinking maybe he wasn't able to photo-shop the picture, so arranged to have it closed for real !).

As for "girls" dancing in bikinis, you can see that on Walking Street without having to go into a club (think Hot Tuna, Jenny's, the old Simon Caberet complex, ect). They wouldn't want to bust Jenny's though, and put kurgen and daleyboy out of work ! :D

I can't believe journalists can right that stuff without hysterical laughter.

Clean up the image of Pattaya? Give me a break. Perhaps their stripping was too entertaining and thus taking business from the other bars?

Or perhaps they forgot to pay their taxes?

Probably one of the "farang undercover volunteers" got stung by the high prices and mandatory tipping on a previous visit, and decided to get a little "pay-back".

Don't think taxes or "tea" money would have had anything to do with it, otherwise they would have raided Polo instead (the Galaxy is quite a bit smaller and fewer "employees").

With (about) 65 or so go-go's in the WS area alone, it could hardly be considered trying to clean up the city's image by raiding one club and arresting 5 girls out of the hundreds working the various clubs on any given night.

I'd say it was someone with a grudge. Won't be able to get any details though until I return next month.

This is a confusing story....

Wearing bikinis - not naked. I was under the impression that only nudity was banned.

They have work permits. Why are they being blacklisted?

Perhaps all the facts have not been fully reported but something is wrong in the state of Denmark on this one.

I only got pushed into this place once - on my first newbie trip - and haven't been back since as it was such a rip off but that still doesn't make me want to see the place close. The Asian tourists loved to stand outside and take pictures. What they going to do now?

I guess the concept of not getting a work permit for a job that a native can do doesn't apply in this situation, huh?

Natives can't be blonde European dancers.

There's a big market for these strippers and they cater to different customers, mostly Asian.

I like how the girls aren't trying to hide their faces. In one shot, the blonde is smiling at someone off camera, with no concern at all.

Maybe they were having a laugh over the 500 baht fine. :o