Jump to content

Is There A Renault Dealer In Phuket?


Recommended Posts

My old Toyota pickup needs replacing.

I want to test drive a Renault Megane Sport Tourer Estate, but can't find a dealer down here - Phuket.

The MG3 is similar, but I like the flat load space in the Renault when the rear seats are folded forward - just like my old Renault 19 16V hatchback:

 

530155270_Renault19crop.jpg.00069d7ad76a8241801053d975c61400.jpg

 

The MG3's load space isn't flat.  Any other hatchbacks like these two worth looking at?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

looking at this review, the seats don't lie flat - 

looking for a new Renault in Thailand is like looking for a unicorn

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Is there a franchised Renault dealer in Thailand?

I think you're right!  (i.e. there isn't)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

looking at this review, the seats don't lie flat - 

looking for a new Renault in Thailand is like looking for a unicorn

It's a lovely car and a lovely colour. Reminds me of my Renault 19 16V. It went around corners like it was on rails - fantastic suspension. I wouldn't get the hybrid version - petrol engine, manual gearbox for me. (I don't believe in all that CO2 nonsense).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly - there are no Renault dealers in LOS

I had a RenaultSport Megane RS250 - driving it was the most fun you could have with your clothes on!

2602B7CB-CFB9-4EC1-9C26-FFFF313853B5_1_105_c.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, G Rex said:

Sadly - there are no Renault dealers in LOS

I had a RenaultSport Megane RS250 - driving it was the most fun you could have with your clothes on!

2602B7CB-CFB9-4EC1-9C26-FFFF313853B5_1_105_c.jpeg

I want one! (In blue)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Is there a franchised Renault dealer in Thailand?

I think you're right!  (i.e. there isn't)

My question was rhetorical, I know there aren't any.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Renaults and Peugots and Citroens are a bit <deleted>.

 

The import duty is 80% - so think of the better Japanese car you can get for the same money. 

 

That Megane looks nice though - but only 250 horses - a bit under powered.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Renaults and Peugots and Citroens are a bit <deleted>.

 

The import duty is 80% - so think of the better Japanese car you can get for the same money. 

 

That Megane looks nice though - but only 250 horses - a bit under powered.

I saw a new Peugeot SUV a few weeks ago, good looking but yeah.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to look at Thailand videos from the 60s or 70s? to see such cars driving on the road. Many brands have withdrawn from Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Renaults and Peugots and Citroens are a bit <deleted>.

At least Peugot and Citroen have dealers in this country. 

What, rationally, makes them "a bit <deleted>" in your experience?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
Link to post
Share on other sites

The partnership between Renault and Nissan means Renault unlikely to appear in Asian markets.   Back to the alternatives, the Suburu Forester might be worth a look, as estate car like dimensions with 4WD, and handles like a real car rather a truck based SUV.  The Toyota Corolla Cross in hybrid version could also be on your wishlist.

2020_subaru_forester_angularfront.jpeg

TOYOTA-Corolla-gr-sport-1.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

At least Peugot and Citroen have dealers in this country. 

What, rationally, makes them "a bit <deleted>" in your experience?

owned them previously.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, pedro01 said:

owned them previously.

Right.  What I was interested in was what made them "a bit <deleted>"...just the fact that you owned them?   Which ones did you own?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

At least Peugot and Citroen have dealers in this country. 

What, rationally, makes them "a bit <deleted>" in your experience?

They are French

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Henryford said:
On 5/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What, rationally, makes them "a bit <deleted>" in your experience?

They are French

So are Alpine, Bugatti, knickers, fries and kissing and they're not <deleted>.  Got anything rational?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
Link to post
Share on other sites

A day wasted today! Note to self: "Check whether the car dealer has the entire range in stock."

 

So I went to Subaru, north of Phuket town, to have a look at the new Impreza - nice blue, not too flashy1151103599_2022-05-3019_33_28-Greenshot460.jpg.ed410f9c4fa720b105c3cdb7445daa30.jpg

As soon as I said "Impreza", he says: "Thailand mai mii - not have."

WTH?!

 

So tomorrow I'll call Mazda and ask Mr Anuphas(?) if he has, or can get, the Mazda 3 Fastback. In Blue. (I only want blue.)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So are Alpine, Bugatti, knickers, fries and kissing and they're not <deleted>.  Got anything rational?

My Renault 19 16V was blue and beautiful to drive.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

A day wasted today! Note to self: "Check whether the car dealer has the entire range in stock."

 

So I went to Subaru, north of Phuket town, to have a look at the new Impreza - nice blue, not too flashy1151103599_2022-05-3019_33_28-Greenshot460.jpg.ed410f9c4fa720b105c3cdb7445daa30.jpg

As soon as I said "Impreza", he says: "Thailand mai mii - not have."

WTH?!

 

So tomorrow I'll call Mazda and ask Mr Anuphas(?) if he has, or can get, the Mazda 3 Fastback. In Blue. (I only want blue.)

 

Saw a new HR-V in sort of an ice-blue the other day, it was good looking....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Saw a new HR-V in sort of an ice-blue the other day, it was good looking....

Yes, that's on my list of possibilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Yes, that's on my list of possibilities.

The front end looked great, the rear I liked much better than the "Cross" looking rear-ends. 

 

I think the platform is only about a year old as well. I think the Subaru is about five...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another wasted day going to Phuket town. 🤐

So this is what I wanted to look at: 

1659638118_Mazda3500.jpg.6787aec25ef48afc1a3d73a5fa21d0d4.jpg

 

Nice looking, BLUE, and there it is on the Thai web site:

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mazda/3-fastback/price-amphoe-mueang-phuket

 

So I went to Mazda, Phang-Nga Road and was greeted by much "Farang!" being shouted by various "sales assistants" until one showed up who could just about... oh, never mind.

 

So I showed her the picture - the same as the one above - and she showed me the Grey one. "No, I want a Blue one", says I.

"Mai mii! Old model. We have new model. Have Grey."

 

Good grief! 😖

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Another wasted day going to Phuket town. 🤐

So this is what I wanted to look at: 

1659638118_Mazda3500.jpg.6787aec25ef48afc1a3d73a5fa21d0d4.jpg

 

Nice looking, BLUE, and there it is on the Thai web site:

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mazda/3-fastback/price-amphoe-mueang-phuket

 

So I went to Mazda, Phang-Nga Road and was greeted by much "Farang!" being shouted by various "sales assistants" until one showed up who could just about... oh, never mind.

 

So I showed her the picture - the same as the one above - and she showed me the Grey one. "No, I want a Blue one", says I.

"Mai mii! Old model. We have new model. Have Grey."

 

Good grief! 😖

 

It is funny that they will show you a different color hoping you won't notice.

 

Why not order one?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It is funny that they will show you a different color hoping you won't notice.

 

Why not order one?

I asked her if I could order one, but she said it was an old model.

 

Crazy 🤷‍♂️ 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I asked her if I could order one, but she said it was an old model.

 

Crazy 🤷‍♂️ 

 

Call Mazda direct if you want one. 

 

I had a new car dealer in the US offer to paint a new car a different color for me when I was leaving the showroom.

 

People on salary often do not care much about selling. That there is so little they can actually offer makes it worse.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Call Mazda direct if you want one. 

 

I had a new car dealer in the US offer to paint a new car a different color for me when I was leaving the showroom.

 

People on salary often do not care much about selling. That there is so little they can actually offer makes it worse.

That's a good idea! I could test drive the grey one and, if I like it, order a blue one from Mazda, not the dealer in Phuket.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Another wasted day going to Phuket town. 🤐

So this is what I wanted to look at: 

1659638118_Mazda3500.jpg.6787aec25ef48afc1a3d73a5fa21d0d4.jpg

 

Nice looking, BLUE, and there it is on the Thai web site:

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mazda/3-fastback/price-amphoe-mueang-phuket

 

So I went to Mazda, Phang-Nga Road and was greeted by much "Farang!" being shouted by various "sales assistants" until one showed up who could just about... oh, never mind.

 

So I showed her the picture - the same as the one above - and she showed me the Grey one. "No, I want a Blue one", says I.

"Mai mii! Old model. We have new model. Have Grey."

 

Good grief! 😖

 

how big are you... I am 5' 9-5'10 interior a little too small, 2 front seats are acceptable but adults on the rear seats will not be comfortable. I had one in White, getting in and out always hitting my head on the door frame,  1.5 years later decided to exchange for a CX5 at that time they didn't had the CX30 which I would have selected

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

how big are you... I am 5' 9-5'10 interior a little too small, 2 front seats are acceptable but adults on the rear seats will not be comfortable. I had one in White, getting in and out always hitting my head on the door frame,  1.5 years later decided to exchange for a CX5 at that time they didn't had the CX30 which I would have selected

I wanted a Honda Prelude about twenty years ago. It sat pretty good but it was ah head-banger. Same with the little Acura of the same vintage. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...