Is There A Renault Dealer In Phuket?

My old Toyota pickup needs replacing.

I want to test drive a Renault Megane Sport Tourer Estate, but can't find a dealer down here - Phuket.

The MG3 is similar, but I like the flat load space in the Renault when the rear seats are folded forward - just like my old Renault 19 16V hatchback:

530155270_Renault19crop.jpg.00069d7ad76a8241801053d975c61400.jpg

The MG3's load space isn't flat.  Any other hatchbacks like these two worth looking at?

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

looking at this review, the seats don't lie flat - 

looking for a new Renault in Thailand is like looking for a unicorn

It's a lovely car and a lovely colour. Reminds me of my Renault 19 16V. It went around corners like it was on rails - fantastic suspension. I wouldn't get the hybrid version - petrol engine, manual gearbox for me. (I don't believe in all that CO2 nonsense).

Just now, G Rex said:

Sadly - there are no Renault dealers in LOS

I had a RenaultSport Megane RS250 - driving it was the most fun you could have with your clothes on!

2602B7CB-CFB9-4EC1-9C26-FFFF313853B5_1_105_c.jpeg

I want one! (In blue)

• Like 1

Renaults and Peugots and Citroens are a bit <deleted>.

The import duty is 80% - so think of the better Japanese car you can get for the same money. 

That Megane looks nice though - but only 250 horses - a bit under powered.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Renaults and Peugots and Citroens are a bit <deleted>.

The import duty is 80% - so think of the better Japanese car you can get for the same money. 

That Megane looks nice though - but only 250 horses - a bit under powered.

I saw a new Peugeot SUV a few weeks ago, good looking but yeah.... 

The partnership between Renault and Nissan means Renault unlikely to appear in Asian markets.   Back to the alternatives, the Suburu Forester might be worth a look, as estate car like dimensions with 4WD, and handles like a real car rather a truck based SUV.  The Toyota Corolla Cross in hybrid version could also be on your wishlist.

2020_subaru_forester_angularfront.jpeg

TOYOTA-Corolla-gr-sport-1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

At least Peugot and Citroen have dealers in this country. 

What, rationally, makes them "a bit <deleted>" in your experience?

owned them previously.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Henryford said:
On 5/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What, rationally, makes them "a bit <deleted>" in your experience?

They are French

So are Alpine, Bugatti, knickers, fries and kissing and they're not <deleted>.  Got anything rational?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

A day wasted today! Note to self: "Check whether the car dealer has the entire range in stock."

So I went to Subaru, north of Phuket town, to have a look at the new Impreza - nice blue, not too flashy1151103599_2022-05-3019_33_28-Greenshot460.jpg.ed410f9c4fa720b105c3cdb7445daa30.jpg

As soon as I said "Impreza", he says: "Thailand mai mii - not have."

WTH?!

So tomorrow I'll call Mazda and ask Mr Anuphas(?) if he has, or can get, the Mazda 3 Fastback. In Blue. (I only want blue.)

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So are Alpine, Bugatti, knickers, fries and kissing and they're not <deleted>.  Got anything rational?

My Renault 19 16V was blue and beautiful to drive.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

A day wasted today! Note to self: "Check whether the car dealer has the entire range in stock."

So I went to Subaru, north of Phuket town, to have a look at the new Impreza - nice blue, not too flashy1151103599_2022-05-3019_33_28-Greenshot460.jpg.ed410f9c4fa720b105c3cdb7445daa30.jpg

As soon as I said "Impreza", he says: "Thailand mai mii - not have."

WTH?!

So tomorrow I'll call Mazda and ask Mr Anuphas(?) if he has, or can get, the Mazda 3 Fastback. In Blue. (I only want blue.)

Saw a new HR-V in sort of an ice-blue the other day, it was good looking....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Yes, that's on my list of possibilities.

The front end looked great, the rear I liked much better than the "Cross" looking rear-ends. 

I think the platform is only about a year old as well. I think the Subaru is about five...

Another wasted day going to Phuket town. ????

So this is what I wanted to look at: 

1659638118_Mazda3500.jpg.6787aec25ef48afc1a3d73a5fa21d0d4.jpg

Nice looking, BLUE, and there it is on the Thai web site:

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mazda/3-fastback/price-amphoe-mueang-phuket

So I went to Mazda, Phang-Nga Road and was greeted by much "Farang!" being shouted by various "sales assistants" until one showed up who could just about... oh, never mind.

So I showed her the picture - the same as the one above - and she showed me the Grey one. "No, I want a Blue one", says I.

"Mai mii! Old model. We have new model. Have Grey."

Good grief! ????

2 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

https://www.zigwheels.co.th/en/new-cars/mazda/3-fastback/price-amphoe-mueang-phuket

So I went to Mazda, Phang-Nga Road and was greeted by much "Farang!" being shouted by various "sales assistants" until one showed up who could just about... oh, never mind.

So I showed her the picture - the same as the one above - and she showed me the Grey one. "No, I want a Blue one", says I.

Good grief! ????

It is funny that they will show you a different color hoping you won't notice.

Why not order one?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It is funny that they will show you a different color hoping you won't notice.

Why not order one?

I asked her if I could order one, but she said it was an old model.

Crazy ????‍♂️ 

10 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I asked her if I could order one, but she said it was an old model.

Crazy ????‍♂️ 

Call Mazda direct if you want one. 

I had a new car dealer in the US offer to paint a new car a different color for me when I was leaving the showroom.

People on salary often do not care much about selling. That there is so little they can actually offer makes it worse.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Call Mazda direct if you want one. 

I had a new car dealer in the US offer to paint a new car a different color for me when I was leaving the showroom.

People on salary often do not care much about selling. That there is so little they can actually offer makes it worse.

That's a good idea! I could test drive the grey one and, if I like it, order a blue one from Mazda, not the dealer in Phuket.

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Good grief! ????

how big are you... I am 5' 9-5'10 interior a little too small, 2 front seats are acceptable but adults on the rear seats will not be comfortable. I had one in White, getting in and out always hitting my head on the door frame,  1.5 years later decided to exchange for a CX5 at that time they didn't had the CX30 which I would have selected

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

how big are you... I am 5' 9-5'10 interior a little too small, 2 front seats are acceptable but adults on the rear seats will not be comfortable. I had one in White, getting in and out always hitting my head on the door frame,  1.5 years later decided to exchange for a CX5 at that time they didn't had the CX30 which I would have selected

I wanted a Honda Prelude about twenty years ago. It sat pretty good but it was ah head-banger. Same with the little Acura of the same vintage. 

• Haha 2