How The USA Is Interfering In Thailand

Brewster67

18 hours ago, Brewster67 said:

Oh and it aint just the USA, the UK comes a close second, see Myanmar and Hong Kong... Uk and US all over that.

surprise no mention of China's meddling .... some just come to mind,  THAILAND, Africa, Myanmar, Cambodia,  South America, Solomon Islands, SCSea, Banda Sea, Papua New Guinea and so many more

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

No libel intended, although I have often been called a clown.  My response was intended as a sarcastic dig at those who still dispute the outcome of the election using totally discredited arguments.

I apologize. Missed the sarc. Your impersonation was too close to the manufactured 'reality' of 45's cult.

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The most malicious interference the USA has imposed  on Thailand as with  many countries  is the murderous war on drugs- a war on the people.

I would place former President Duerte as number one in that aspect.

So then we have the "mouse that roared" democratic Ukraine assisted by democratic Tigers (USA, UK, EU, etc.) that is resisting conquest by fascist-led Russia. 

Then there are the sheep like Thailand with their Heads in the ground claiming business neutrality for fear of losing economic benefits from their undemocratic partners.

the u.s. empire is endlessly interfering in virtually all countries of the world:   the more important the country, the more interference.     the unnecessary and totally avoidable war in the ukraine is a good example,    the countries most likely to be subjected to u.s. pressure are those that refuse to kowtow.  despite what the empire is now saying, no national borders are sacred, e.g., serbia/kosovo, syria, czechoslovakia, etc. (hypocrisy being one of the empire's "strong suits").    for those who don't understand the negative influence of the empire on world affairs, it is only necessary to ask one question:    in the past 30+ years, what country has created the most mayhem, destruction and death in the world?    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, petey123 said:

in the past 30+ years, what country has created the most mayhem, destruction and death in the world?    

Russia?

Oh wait, I know! San Marino !

By the way, you spilled some borscht on your shirt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

The US has been friendly with Thai governments for decades although military ruled countries cannot be provided any aid.  The US sees Thailand being wooed by the Chinese who are doing this throughout the world.  We at least allow foreigners to purchase land, businesses etc in the US but try that in Russia or N.Korea or China.  The wars we have been involved in are almost totally brought about by the UN and we provide military assistance including our soldiers.  We do this to prevent any of those people from starting a war in the US to protect our citizen as forethought.  I do not always agree with their support of poor leaders but then I am not in a position to do so.  Much of the people of the world today have more freedom than they would have if the US never assisted them.  Even the bad ones we provide some kind of assistance, many times having to borrow the money to aid them.  My analysis anyway.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, animalmagic said:

No libel intended, although I have often been called a clown.  My response was intended as a sarcastic dig at those who still dispute the outcome of the election using totally discredited arguments.

I'm going to invent a font that can be used to indicate sarcasm!  That'll solve a LOT of problems.????

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

I'm going to invent a font that can be used to indicate sarcasm!  That'll solve a LOT of problems.????

I hear that youngsters use a mixture of upper and lower case letters to indicate sarcasm.

oR, maYBe tHey'Re jUSt iLliTerAte noWAdaYs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, petey123 said:

the u.s. empire is endlessly interfering in virtually all countries of the world:   the more important the country, the more interference.     the unnecessary and totally avoidable war in the ukraine is a good example,    the countries most likely to be subjected to u.s. pressure are those that refuse to kowtow.  despite what the empire is now saying, no national borders are sacred, e.g., serbia/kosovo, syria, czechoslovakia, etc. (hypocrisy being one of the empire's "strong suits").    for those who don't understand the negative influence of the empire on world affairs, it is only necessary to ask one question:    in the past 30+ years, what country has created the most mayhem, destruction and death in the world?    

If you want to talk about interference and wars,  the UK ruled over two thirds of the world about only 100 years ago.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, animalmagic said:

If you are going to list countries involved in geopolitical interference don't be selective; you only show your bias.  Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia and Israel are all involved in various types of political, economic, religious and social interference.  This is carried out through the use of debt traps, heavyweight threats, physical violence, spying, corruption and social media engineering (propaganda).

Geopolitical interference (influence) is the function of all nations and the greater the nation  the more the interference- Rarely for good but not always  bad. I don't regard the West's  attempt to subvert the Soviet  Union as bad at all. The West's successful attempt  to subvert Iran, establishing  the Peacock  throne in their own oil interests created better governance than the  current  corrupt theocracy that replaced the Shah who was no western 'pet' establishing  OPEC. "The great game' has always existed.

I am very grateful for the wealth  created by the British Empire and those  cunning, ruthless  disciplined diplomats backed by our working  class military led by a ruthless  aristocracy. They worked  lived fought and died for the future generations, for us the  beneficiaries for  which I'm eternally  grateful. I would be a fool  and a knave not to be. But the Soviet  Union and its post WW2 occupation of the Warsaw Pact territories and the  destabilisation of of South and Central America by the USA under the  Munroe Doctrine I find less justifiable.  But all nations seek to influence  and interfere in other countries to fulfill  their  goals.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, damascase said:

‘Brian Berletic is a Bangkok based geopolitical anylist’

An anylist, who would have thought that…….

If you want to listen to or watch any YouTube videos from a geopoliticalist that has his finger on the pulse of most any world issue, search for Peter Zeihan. His numerous videos on YouTube and emails will keep you well informed as to how world events are being shaped.

4 hours ago, Presnock said:

The US has been friendly with Thai governments for decades although military ruled countries cannot be provided any aid.  The US sees Thailand being wooed by the Chinese who are doing this throughout the world.  We at least allow foreigners to purchase land, businesses etc in the US but try that in Russia or N.Korea or China.  The wars we have been involved in are almost totally brought about by the UN and we provide military assistance including our soldiers.  We do this to prevent any of those people from starting a war in the US to protect our citizen as forethought.  I do not always agree with their support of poor leaders but then I am not in a position to do so.  Much of the people of the world today have more freedom than they would have if the US never assisted them.  Even the bad ones we provide some kind of assistance, many times having to borrow the money to aid them.  My analysis anyway.

Not sure about the US not providing any aid to military ruled countries. The figures I have seen show at least 17.7 billion  dollars going to Thailand from the USA in 2019. That does not include aid for Covid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, petey123 said:

Recent data isn't very complete, especially if trying to extrapolate from secretive regimes, but RJ Rummel publishes some good data.

The world has continually gotten safer and less violent to include since the US rose as the major world power (only correlation not arguing causation). War between states, surprisingly, is not the biggest source of "Mayhem, destruction, and death" in the world. That trophy goes to democide from totalitarian/authoritarian countries (China, Russia, Myanmar, etc.) by a large margin. 

SOD.FIG23.2.GIF

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

And they are still full of themselves, via the 'Commonwealth', as members must still recognize the Monarch.  What silliness.

On that, monarchs, I'm amazed how many countries still have 'royals'.  As if they are special or better than their 'subjects' ... ????

Give me the Brits over the Russians any day of the week. The USA just followed them into empire after they abandoned it. Guess we found out how EXPENSIVE it is.

On 5/29/2022 at 6:39 PM, internationalism said:

conspiracy theory believer.

I find people that don't believe in conspiracies simple minded and politically and socially naive. Conspiracies are everywhere. I marvel at how every conspiracy is automatically written off as outright lies, propaganda, disinformation. It's the ones that don't believe men conspire that are ignorant and dangerous. Thailand is a nation rife with conspiracy.

On 5/29/2022 at 4:45 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

No! There is nobody who gets it 100%.

Pepe Escobar gets it 100%

Edited by BonMot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jdlancaster said:

Recent data isn't very complete, especially if trying to extrapolate from secretive regimes, but RJ Rummel publishes some good data.

The world has continually gotten safer and less violent to include since the US rose as the major world power (only correlation not arguing causation). War between states, surprisingly, is not the biggest source of "Mayhem, destruction, and death" in the world. That trophy goes to democide from totalitarian/authoritarian countries (China, Russia, Myanmar, etc.) by a large margin. 

SOD.FIG23.2.GIF

Your graphic doesn't include all the wars post 1985. With MIC Americans living in perpetual state of war my entire life.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Also he was Putin's poodle..

And it was a lie.

All that rubbish bubbled to the surface years ago and was dismissed as conspiracy theories. We are now learning that it was twice failed presidential runner that concocted all that poison Hillary Clinton. How many conspiracies surround this cow? Hundreds.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, animalmagic said:

Depends which machines are being used for the counting!

Next time we are in power we will use the counting machine that Don jr and Mike Lindell invented. After all, counting machines are 100% trustworthy and no forensic audit or open source software is permitted. Anyone that questions Mike and Dons counting machine is guilty of perpetrating a big lie and will lose access to social media, have their bank accounts cancelled and probably lose their job and face public humiliation. Does that sound fair? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BonMot said:

Your graphic doesn't include all the wars post 1985. With MIC Americans living in perpetual state of war my entire life.

The graph goes to the 2000. It also doesn't include the democide from Russia, Myanmar, or China after that. As I stated in the post, it takes many years after a conflict/democide to get accurate numbers. Your perception through news reports is meaningless. 

If you have evidence that Americans killed more people than the Totalitarian regimes than you should publish it. It would likely win an award. Democide from Totalitarian/Authoritarian states has been shown to consistently be a far larger killer of people than war between countries. That is just what the numbers say.

Edit: You would also get a very large amount of grant money. 

Edited by jdlancaster
Add clarification