Xiaomi phones sold with unlocked bootloader in Thailand?

mahtin

Had a Redmi Go that was unlocked from Lazada, but hard to tell if refurbished or not. It got broken.

Now ordering from Lazada again a Redmi 9A, and wondering if it will come unlocked. If it's locked will have to read up on the hoop jumping necessary to get it unlocked, after a mandatory week's wait. This appears to be true for America, but can't find anything specific to LOS. Was thinking it might be a regional policy.

The Lazada vendor states it's sealed, so not much point in asking him.

Anyone know?

edit: Talking about the bootloader, not the carrier. i want TWRP.

Edited by mahtin
add

If the seller didn't unlock it themselves it will come locked. There isn't really a workaround except to jump through the hoops and wait, don't waste time on all the supposed workarounds that are pretty much all clickbait.

I think the explanation of why xiaomi does it this way is because they sell the same hardware at different regional prices with different roms and they want to combat resellers from buying cheaper regional phones and flashing the global rom to resell. Since end users can still unlock the bootloader after a brief wait most devs don't really care to find a way around it.

3 minutes ago, RedBackman said:

If the seller didn't unlock it themselves it will come locked. There isn't really a workaround except to jump through the hoops and wait, don't waste time on all the supposed workarounds that are pretty much all clickbait.

I think the explanation of why xiaomi does it this way is because they sell the same hardware at different regional prices with different roms and they want to combat resellers from buying cheaper regional phones and flashing the global rom to resell. Since end users can still unlock the bootloader after a brief wait most devs don't really care to find a way around it.

Thanks for reply.

Agree.

OK. 

Understand that they don't want frivolous calls to Tech Support, but is it really necessary to make it so complicated? Alright, the hoops aren't actually burning, but if they give me a second week's wait if I make an error, then they are on my <deleted> list.

Well, gives me something to do whilst waiting for delivery.