Most overseas arrivals in Thailand this year come from India

webfact

8 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I lived for a while in China, and I've been a number of times in Hong Kong. I agree with you in this regard. Strange thing is, the mainland Chinese know of their bad reputation of being outright rude and inconsiderate, but many of them just don't care. The 

Chinese from Hong Kong or Taiwan are very different from these mainland Chinese.

Of course, they have some education and culture.  The Han in China are just either CCP apparatchiks or egotists who will cheat and poison their way to making money.  Among those who are able to move out, many simply think they are less likely to be caught in countries where one can claim the right to everything and a few actually would prefer a life with people who are decent and polite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

India and Thailand are about the same in location from the Equator, and Thailand is vastly unpopulated

compared to India, so I can see why so many Indians want to escape their polluted country to come to

the more unpolluted areas of Thailand, can't you? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Why do 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 Indians always seem to be walking together?.....You virtually never see farangs doing this.......

I guess they are all co-workers. Asians like to do things in groups. Probably also a feeling of safety in numbers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Will B Good said:

There are gangs of seemingly not very wealthy Indian 'men only', currently wandering about where we are in BKK......never seen them spending any money though......not too sure ordinary Thais, other than those employed in hotels, will benefit greatly.

Anything bought here can be bought cheaper in their home country. They stay 4 (or more) guys to a room, which is they are always in groups. They're here to gawk at the girls in various stages of undress. Partake in the nightlight by buying 1 drink and nursing it all night and possibly share 1 girl amongst the entire group. But their main goal is to get totally in our way without the least awareness or common courtesy that others are around them. ????

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Yes, I also overlooked the great “Sea of Myanmar” which separates them. The key word was “overseas”.  Doesn’t qualify.

Well, few Indian tourists walk or take a bus to Thailand. Most take aircraft which fly over the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman sea, both of which are quite sea-like, hence overseas...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

There now seem to be more Indian nationals than Chinese visiting Thailand. Just my observation, no stats to back it up.

Who needs stats? Just make it up as you go, TAT style. In fact, I would back your observation, but it's no surprise. China international tourism virtually non existent.

You'd think TAT would have access to extremely detailed data on arrivals and departures. But maybe it's not that simple. National security and all that. Maybe immigration don't share their data. In which case TAT is guessing at best. Travel companies love producing "Tourism back to normal" type polls/analysis/articles/fanfares. All cobblers and sponsored garbage IMHO.

Better than bankrupt western hippies who would typically come here and wouldn't have two pennies to rub together.

Plus Indians come with families - and spend actual money on touristy things - aren't sex tourists like horny dripping westerners of yesteryears.

Edited by Desi Banda
  • Confused 1

On 5/30/2022 at 6:02 PM, Nickelbeer said:

Yes, I also overlooked the great “Sea of Myanmar” which separates them. The key word was “overseas”.  Doesn’t qualify.

Don't fly much do you? Try take a flight or two sometime and see the route the plane takes. Hint: It doesn't meander close following the highways !!

Edited by Desi Banda

Went to a gogo bar the other night in Bangkok with some friends and some Indian men came in and were told to get out and go have a shower so racist ! so I don't know how they are appreciated as tourists

On 5/31/2022 at 5:23 AM, Skeptic7 said:

Anything bought here can be bought cheaper in their home country. They stay 4 (or more) guys to a room, which is they are always in groups. They're here to gawk at the girls in various stages of undress. Partake in the nightlight by buying 1 drink and nursing it all night and possibly share 1 girl amongst the entire group. But their main goal is to get totally in our way without the least awareness or common courtesy that others are around them. ????

I've never had any bad experiences with Indians. I do know that the Thais seem not to like them. If they are cheap and don't want to throw money around, that's probably why.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2022 at 11:14 PM, Desi Banda said:

Better than bankrupt western hippies who would typically come here and wouldn't have two pennies to rub together.

Plus Indians come with families - and spend actual money on touristy things - aren't sex tourists like horny dripping westerners of yesteryears.

Not always.... I think they preferred to go to Bali, Singapore etc

You need to take a stroll down the coconut bar to see them at work haggling with the working girls there. Dripping westerners can't get near as they are usually surrounded by a crowd of anything from 3 to 5 from the sub continent. 

20 hours ago, ozz1 said:

Went to a gogo bar the other night in Bangkok with some friends and some Indian men came in and were told to get out and go have a shower so racist ! so I don't know how they are appreciated as tourists

good on them