Japanese Seniors/Retirees headed to Thailand in large numbers?

sqwakvfr

No brainer for the elderly......I am surprised the market isn't much bigger.

The costs of elderly care in the UK are astronomical. Anyone with something about them must be considering care over here or other developing nations. 

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

No brainer for the elderly......I am surprised the market isn't much bigger.

The costs of elderly care in the UK are astronomical. Anyone with something about them must be considering care over here or other developing nations. 

Major consideration for my retiring to Thailand in 2011. I joined millions of other Americans who, perhaps ironically, are no less US economic refugees than Latin Americans, in reverse. I certainly cannot afford a working middle class retirement on the same living standard in the USA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I thought many Japanese seniors live in poverty?  I have some elderly Japanese neighbors who buy 40 to 60 Baht meals several times a day.  I rarely see them even shopping at Topps or Rimping.  Also, none of them own golf clubs. 

that's probably why your neighbors have more money than the average... 

15 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Major consideration for my retiring to Thailand in 2011. I joined millions of other Americans who, perhaps ironically, are no less US economic refugees than Latin Americans, in reverse. I certainly cannot afford a working middle class retirement on the same living standard in the USA.

Same here...some separation anxiety re: kids and grandchildren, but in this day and age they could be living anywhere in the world over the next 10 years.....so what the hell.

• Like 1