Divorce child support

Lolothai

Hi,

My wife left me for a rich guy, she married him in a Thai ceremony a month after. she left me the children and I went to France. I came back for work, she keeps the house land and car because it's in her name but I paid everything. We are friends for now but she is unstable, sometimes she wants the kids back but she wants me to pay 30 000 per month. I make 70 000 a month. So for now everything is ok but of ever she lose her mind what are my chance with a lawyer to don't pay such amount? Does she has all the right? What is the average child support in Thailand? I want to keep my children but I know I have no right. I'm doing everything she is asking me so far but it's extremely stressful. I have a new girlfriend so my wife is a bit jealous and don't want being replaced and I understand this too. What could I do to be free from her. Now she thinks we are the best friends and I wish it would stay like this, in 2 months she made 1 million bahts and she is very happy, she loves her husband and I hope the happiness will make her nice. I have nothing now, few debts but I work and I can manage

You need to take a step back and breathe a little.

Firstly if your marriage was legal and you signed the certificates at the Amphur then any property or assets gained after the marriage are split 50/50, some on here will laugh at that but it's fact and also many have indeed received the 50/50 settlement or indeed more if it can be proved you paid for all assets.

Child support is a bit of a joke, if you went to court they would probably award 3-5000THB/month with additional agreements for school fees etc. 

Your children are your obvious concern and you need to decide who will have custody, as long as you are the legal father you have every right to full custody, again this is easily possible.

Lastly just because everyone else will tell you, seek legal advice.

Like the previous poster said:

1) where you legally married at a registry office or did you do a wedding at a monk.

Registry office: you have shared custody of the kids. To nullify the marriage, you need a registered divorce with a settlement about custody of kids and sharing of the goods. She is not allowed to remarry without it.

Wedding at a monk: you don't have automatic custody, this needs to be sorted at family court. 

If you have the kids with you in France with her permission and she is remarried, why would she need any money from you? 

She is not your friend but a gold digger.

you refer to her as your wife but you didn't mention any divorce, as indicated above, if you had legally divorced her things would be different and would be able to claim some of your rights

we are still married with certificates, I have a girlfriend now because that's 2 months already that she left me. She married her new husband at the temple, no certificates. It's all over her facebook with all the gold he gave her.