Codes to make international call outside of Thailand

connda

I need to make an international call to the United States.  My carrier is True.

To get a call out you need to use a code like 004 or 009 but I can remember which (its been awhile).

You used the carrier's international code to go international plus the country code (US =1) plus the number.

Does anyone know True's international code to call outbound?

001 is the normal international call code, or you can just dial + before the US number, it's automatic.

Dtac and True offer lower cost codes (lower quality, allegedly, but I've never noticed), Dtac's is 004.

Why not call True's English-speaking call centre and ask them or just look at their website where all the charges and codes are specified?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

Instead of using your phone plan, try downloading Talkatone app.  It gives you a US number (WiFi) and you can make calls to the US as long as you have WiFi.  I used it regular to get text verification codes from banks and credit cards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If using a ANDROID mobile, "TextNow" apk will give you a outbound and inbound number ( plus other goodies ) in the US that will ring in Thiland as long as your data OR WiFi is connected. Cost $0.00

NOTE: YOU MUST USE several times a month or LOOSE the service. Call your US Family or friends several times a month.

There IS a paid plan

4 hours ago, vinci said:

uhm nobody use those anymore, get on messenger or dozen of other app.

What if he is calling someone who does not have an app, or any form of messenger. Like an aging parent in hospital. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, marin said:

What if he is calling someone who does not have an app, or any form of messenger. Like an aging parent in hospital. 

The other person does not need to have the same app...only a phone number.  The app is nothing more than a means to get a US phone number to use over the internet.  It's just the same as having a cell phone number in the US

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, vinci said:

uhm nobody use those anymore, get on messenger or dozen of other app.

Correct. If you're in a strong wifi area e.g. maybe your house has strong wifi, or maybe a big hi-end mall if its not and go sit a quiet spot and you can Messenger call or Facetime video with ease and it won't cost you anything.

Only need, as others have said to dial + then the country code for the US, then the number. 

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, howlee101 said:

Instead of using your phone plan, try downloading Talkatone app.  It gives you a US number (WiFi) and you can make calls to the US as long as you have WiFi.  I used it regular to get text verification codes from banks and credit cards.

Boss revolution is another cheap call system.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, howlee101 said:

The other person does not need to have the same app...only a phone number.  The app is nothing more than a means to get a US phone number to use over the internet.  It's just the same as having a cell phone number in the US

You're seriously suggesting that a person who does not have a phone with WhatsApp/Messenger/Telegram, et al. can receive WhatsApp/Messenger/Telegram et al. calls?  How?   What if the person receiving the call is using a land line?

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're seriously suggesting that a person who does not have a phone with WhatsApp/Messenger/Telegram, et al. can receive WhatsApp/Messenger/Telegram et al. calls?  How?   What if the person receiving the call is using a land line?

I should have been more specific.  I was referring to the OP downloading Talkatone (or similar app) to make calls...which was my original suggestion.  With Talkatone (or similar app), the called party does not need to have the app at all.   

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ifmu said:

001  for true to usa             then 1-xxxxxxxxxxx  but true requires you to set up international calling first 

...or 006, or 00600.   Obviously, an international call facility is needed (!) but that comes automatically with normal TrueMoveH SIMs, it does not need to be "set up" with a normal SIM card.

On 5/31/2022 at 11:34 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

not sure about True.. but I need to dial 009 -1 - area code and number.. 

I used 009 today to call internationally to activate a debit card.  It worked like a champ.

• Like 1

Sometimes people just want to make a call using that old fashioned item called a phone to yet another phone

They dont want apps, wifi, telewiz or Percy Sledge they just want a simple phone call

As it happens True was always 1 Baht a minute calling major countries USA UK Europe pre pandemic and to call UK was 0060044 then area code for UK (dropping the zero in front) then the persons number

It worked for at least 10 years pre pandemic.....1 baht plus vat

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

While I don’t use WhatsApp/Messenger/Telegram. I do use et al ie Skype and anyone with a phone number can receive calls from me 

May 6, 2022 08:24

2022-05-06T08:24:38+00:00

44300xxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Call

00:53:39

USD

here is an example of a call that was a little under an hour at a cost of $1.30 it was to a UK land line number but the cost to the USA is the same at ฿0.71 per minute 

June 23, 2022 08:23

2022-06-23T08:23:06+00:00

44779xxxxxxx

United Kingdom

Call

00:19:02

USD

this is to a UK mobile so is much more expensive at ฿3.9 per minute I don’t know the cost to a us mobile 

Other apps have a similar way of charging.

Edited by sometimewoodworker