E-Z Retirement Extension - Jomtien

Easy breezy at Jomtien Immigration yesterday. Bangkok Bank opens at 10:00 and was in there about 10:05 to get the Bank Letter and update Passbook. Outta there at approximately 10:25 and into immigration around 10:30. No line just walked in and got a number for Counter 8 - Retirement. My number was called 2 minutes later and a very efficient young guy was there to sort everything in the proper order. I was pretty well organized and had everything neatly stacked and paper clipped. This included TM7 application, 1 photo, the necessary copies from my passport (some he returned saying "no need"), front and back copies of TM6 departure card, official condo letterhead resident document from the building I live in (don't own it nor have an actual lease), front and back copies of my driver's license (which has the same address), Bank Letter, updated bank book and copy of TM 30 receipt. What I did not have was any copies of my bank book. The pleasant young dude never said a thing and just went to the copying machine and photocopied everything they needed. He inserted those into the stack and had me sign them and any other pages not previously signed. That done, he took my 2000 baht, promptly returned B100, gave me a laminated Retirement Number and told me to return tomorrow after 2:00 p.m. Out the door in 25 minutes at 10:55. 

Fast Forward...it's now the next day at 2:20 p.m. and back in my condo with another successful extension. Arrived just after 2:00 and there was quite a line waiting to gain entry. Already having a Retirement Counter number, no reason to wait. Attempted to go in through the out door but they had it bolted, so with my pickup number in clear view I walked past everyone and directly to the entry door. When the door was opened I flashed the number and was told to proceed to Counter 8. 

Immediately there, my number was exchanged for my passport and was on the way home. Was given the form instructing to report back in 90 days to show proof of money remaining in the bank....which was promptly chucked into the nearest "circular file" upon exiting the building. ????

Easiest extension experience yet. ????

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 2

Thanks for report.

So bank statements not required and just photocopies of bank book pages.

Same as CW.

You were bit lucky that they photocopied them for you.

TM30 was this required or you just supplied it and and they accepted it?

Money in bank method clearly straight forward option.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

Same as CW.

TM30 was this required or you just supplied it and and they accepted it?

Money in bank method clearly straight forward option.

12 months of bank statements not required from me (nor from 2 other guys I know here). Do keep my bank book updated regularly. Just the copied pages were required. 

Yes nice about the photocopies, but he just very pleasantly did it without mention.

Not sure about the TM30 as I had previously made a copy and just included it. He didn't return it however, as he did some unnecessary passport pages I had included. 

Yes "money in bank" method straight forward and painless. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Was given the form instructing to report back in 90 days to show proof of money remaining in the bank....which was promptly chucked into the nearest "circular file" upon exiting the building. ????

Is there a complete list of the forms we get to ignore/throw away somewhere on the forum?

10 hours ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

Is there a complete list of the forms we get to ignore/throw away somewhere on the forum?

If you have all the documents needed, at Jomtien Immigration Office, it is very straight forward and takes only a few minutes depending on the number of people ahead of you in the queue.  The Pattaya City Expats Club has 2 checklists available for the documents needed for Retirement extension; one for 800k in bank, one for using 65k monthly income.

If using monthly income, Jomtien Immigration will want either a letter from your Embassy verifying your monthly income if your Embassy still provides them - if not, then they will want an additional letter from your bank listing all foreign deposits to your bank account for the preceding 12 months.   If using the 800k in the bank, as mentioned they will accept photocopies of your bank book provided it has been regularly updated (have original with you in case they wish to see it - it was very nice of them to make the copies for you, but probably wouldn't have happened had they been busy).  However, if it has not been updated and includes "consolidated entries), they will require certified bank statements for the preceding 12 months.

The check lists can be found by going to the PCEC's website (www.pcec.club), in the topics shown across the top, hover your mouse over "Thai Immigration", at the bottom of the drop down menu will be "Checklists - Extension of Stay" - click on it to bring up the page.

Edited by soisanuk

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report.

Same as CW.

I asked the bank to photocopy them for me when I went in to get the confirmation of balance letter and they were happy to do so.

12 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

I asked the bank to photocopy them for me when I went in to get the confirmation of balance letter and they were happy to do so.

Not really the point 

I always make deposit and update on day of application as CW prefer it that way.

I always ask the banking clerk to please photocopy the last page showing this activity in account.

However I do the other pages myself.

They are not my secretary.

Be prepared. 

• Haha 1

The easiest extension I got that required no paperwork except a a signature, no pics, no bank statements, no updating bank statements, five minutes inside immigration office and of course 15K for agents. My 15K baht helped agents, their staff, and their family. And my 800K baht sat in US investment vehicles to earn approximate 8% in return. I paid my agent from my return. This is a win win situation for all parties involved. It  helped IOs and all the people who are less fortunate not be born in a Western country to earn dollars.

Edited by Onerak
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

"Was given the form instructing to report back in 90 days to show proof of money remaining in the bank...."

That's not normal for the 90-day reporting usually, I never have, a new rule?

2 minutes ago, Seppius said:

It has nothing to do with 90 day reporting.

It is something that Jomtien immigration wants done to confirm you have kept the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months after the day you applied for the extension.

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

"Was given the form instructing to report back in 90 days to show proof of money remaining in the bank...."

Seems Jomtien and possibly a few others are the only places doing this. 

27 minutes ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

But which you can throw in the trash?

There's been no enforcement or repercussion. They don't make you sign it, nor do you get a receipt for actually doing it, so no way to prove you did...and no way for them to prove you didn't. It's a silly, redundant waste of everyone's time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

They don't make you sign it, nor do you get a receipt for actually doing it, so no way to prove you did...and no way for them to prove you didn't.

But of course they can look at your bank book the next time you renew.

So you still need to keep the 800k for the first three months but you don't have to make the special trip to immigration to report that.

Got it. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Seems Jomtien and possibly a few others are the only places doing this. 

There's been no enforcement or repercussion. They don't make you sign it, nor do you get a receipt for actually doing it, so no way to prove you did...and no way for them to prove you didn't. It's a silly, redundant waste of everyone's time. 

Correct -- they don't keep any database or other system to record who should and who did report 90 days after their extension to show the 800k had remained in the bank. 

1 hour ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

So you still need to keep the 800k for the first three months but you don't have to make the special trip to immigration to report that.

Correct. The money in the bank requirements are being followed just not making that ridiculous and unnecessary special trip to prove it. Of course not telling anyone else what they should or shouldn't do...just sharing what I (and some others) do.