Foreign Insurance Certificate

Hi there, i want to apply for an

O-A Visa in the Thai embassey in Holland. 

I have now making an insurance contract with 'Oom verzekeringen'. They cover the 1000.000 USD for overall medical coverage. Also outpatient treatment THB 40.000 / inpatient THB 400.000. as mentioned in the policy.

Last year this policy was sufficient to get my O-A Visa.

Now i read in the website from the embassy they ask for a ' Foreign Insurance Certificate '. My insurance company not want to fill in.

My question now is; do i need to necessarily take an insurance as mentioned in the website;' longstay.tgia.org ', some of them i contact and they are willing to fill in this form.

Or you think my insurance from 'Oom Verzekering' is adeguate enough.

Kind regards, Mark from Holland

แบบฟอร์มใหม่_Foreign_Insurance_Certificate (1).pdf

If your insurance company will not sign the form, then you will have to get a Thai policy look at the tgia you mention.

The 40 000/ 400000 sums has now changed to  . for new 0-A visa 100 000 USD  to cover both inpatient/outpatient cover

• You would be better just using  a non o retirement  no insurance need  other than 10 000 USD cover required for the Thai Pass
Edited by howerde

I had the same problem with Medibank Private Health Insurance Company in Sydney. 

They said that they don't sign anything (and don't have a rubber stamp). 

I went with a Thai Insurance company on the Consulate website list. They were good and their price was similar to the Sydney price. 

After payment they email you the Insurance Policy Certificate. 

You then copy the details from the emailed Certificate to the FOREIGN INSURANCE CERTIFICATE, scan and email it to the Thai Insurance company. They will add the 3 names and signatures and rubber stamp it. Then they'll email it back to you. 

Submit both forms on the online OA VISA application. 

42 minutes ago, bangkok19 said:

I had the same problem with Medibank Private Health Insurance Company in Sydney. 

They said that they don't sign anything (and don't have a rubber stamp). 

I went with a Thai Insurance company on the Consulate website list. They were good and their price was similar to the Sydney price. 

After payment they email you the Insurance Policy Certificate. 

You then copy the details from the emailed Certificate to the FOREIGN INSURANCE CERTIFICATE, scan and email it to the Thai Insurance company. They will add the 3 names and signatures and rubber stamp it. Then they'll email it back to you. 

Submit both forms on the online OA VISA application. 

If you have insurance from a Thai company which is among those listed on the tgia site there should be no need to have the Foreign Insurance Certificate signed, that is meant only for foreign issued policies.

OPO - thsi is a common problem, even companies that would otherwise sign something are put off by the wording  of the "Foreign Insurance Certificate".

Contact your local Thai Embassy and ask if they will accept the insurance certificate issued by the insurer  rather than the "Foreign Insurance Certificate".  They might - it varies with the Embassy. (Or, if yo uhave to apply via the new evisa portal, try just uploading your actual insurance certificate and see what happens)

How did you manage it with your last O-A, since you indicate that was approved based on this same insurance?

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you have insurance from a Thai company which is among those listed on the tgia site there should be no need to have the Foreign Insurance Certificate signed, that is meant only for foreign issued policies.

OPO - thsi is a common problem, even companies that would otherwise sign something are put off by the wording  of the "Foreign Insurance Certificate".

Contact your local Thai Embassy and ask if they will accept the insurance certificate issued by the insurer  rather than the "Foreign Insurance Certificate".  They might - it varies with the Embassy. (Or, if yo uhave to apply via the new evisa portal, try just uploading your actual insurance certificate and see what happens)

How did you manage it with your last O-A, since you indicate that was approved based on this same insurance?

On the Non Imm OA ONLINE Application they ask for BOTH...  if you don't upload the Foreign Ins. Certificate you are unable to 'submit'.

(I never tried uploading the one Policy Certificate in BOTH categories as I didn't want to take the chance)... 

It's worth noting that the 'text' on the F.I.C. is arranged very similar to the actual Policy Certificate.  The Thai Insurer had no qualms about adding the 3 names, signatures and rubber stamp...   and I have my Visa now so I'm happy.

The (e-visa) online platform also means I didn't have to supply certified copies of original documents.  They've definitely simplified the process....   

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why O A visa? Isn't O better - or another visa option then sort it out  from with an agent

I prefer the O-A as I don't want to stuff around with 'officialdom' once I arrive in the Kingdom.

(except for the 90 day report).

9 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

On the Non Imm OA ONLINE Application they ask for BOTH...  if you don't upload the Foreign Ins. Certificate you are unable to 'submit'.

(I never tried uploading the one Policy Certificate in BOTH categories as I didn't want to take the chance)... 

It's worth noting that the 'text' on the F.I.C. is arranged very similar to the actual Policy Certificate.  The Thai Insurer had no qualms about adding the 3 names, signatures and rubber stamp...   and I have my Visa now so I'm happy.

The (e-visa) online platform also means I didn't have to supply certified copies of original documents.  They've definitely simplified the process....   

Both are definitely not required.  I haven't gone through the process myself but people report that the evisa platform incluydes to be several cases where one is asked to upload documents not required and people report being able to upload a statement saying "not required" to get past this.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Both are definitely not required.  I haven't gone through the process myself but people report that the evisa platform incluydes to be several cases where one is asked to upload documents not required and people report being able to upload a statement saying "not required" to get past this.

Whatever.... 

Other people may have had different experiences, some may think I sent unnecessary or wrong documents but I got my visa approved the day after I uploaded the (so called) wrong documents and after submitting my passport to the local Consulate, I picked up the passport with visa sticker 3 days later.