Budget Smartphone Recommendations

Hi

Can anyone suggest a current best buy budget smartphone. I have a limit of 5000 baht which I'd like to stick to if I can.

I'm not worried about games as it will just be used for Line, a bit of internet browsing and snapshot photos.

POCO brand is a good budget smart phone from Xiaomi. POCO M3 sells for 6K. You should be able to pick up something for 6K, like Samsung A30 (5,500). If you are in Pattay, just to go to Tukom. Bangkok will have many places. Here is one from Lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/new-arrivalglobal-version-poco-m3-pro-5g-6gb-ram-128gb-rom-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-5g-pocophone-smartphone-mediatek-dimensity-700-5g-48mp-ai-triple-camera-65-fhd-dot-display-5000-mah-xiaomi-mall-i2482369666-s8747781684.html?search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i40.311f27ecEbXCtQ

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 2

i'm not an apple apostle but bought an iphone 5 SE four years ago (my first smartphone) for just over £300 GBP, it's been an excellent phone, and at less then £100 GBP per year, and still going strong, i'd say it's a great buy as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

The Xiaomi Redmi Note is a great phone

I wouldn't call it great.  It's OK, nothing special.

Apple has the best camera, that's about it. and the only phone with a resale value.

Samsung is either 100% or 0%, you never know.

OPPO gave me headaches with bloatware.

VIVO....haha

5000 is tough.......yea, maybe one of Samsung's lower models.

Redmi....camera not great (IMO), and it really doesn't do anything great.  good volume is all I can think of.  I wouldn't buy one again, but I can't say I would not recommend one.    

OK, maybe 5000 won't get you a Samsung, but I do think a used Samsung might work.   

I guess OPPO then, maybe you can get one new for 5000

Edited by Iamfalang
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

I have the 9 note pro almost 3 years old and the battery still goes 36 hours between charges and I am a heavy user great phone will buy another Xiaomi when i need a new phone

My Note 9 needs to be recharged during the day, maybe your Pro makes the difference for some reason

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chris.B said:

For around 5000 baht, the Xiaomi Redmi Note is a great phone.

redmi 10c 4gb/64gb =4.499thb, - 10c 4gb/128gb = 5,199thb, - 9 pro 6gb/128gb 6,199thb

samsung galaxy a12 4gb/128gb =  5,399thb,  A03 4gb/64gb 4,599thb, 

oneplus nord N100 - 4gb/64gb = 4,999thb

oppo A16k 3gb/32gb = 4,699thb, 

realme C25Y 4gb/128gb = 4,999thb

Edited by steve187
  • Like 2

I would go for one of the Samsung A series. Other than that, an OPPO.

I recently bought a Samsung for  6000 ish Baht. A little more than your budget, but it wasn't the cheapest model.

You might find a deal on Lazada, but to be honest, if I was buying a phone, I would prefer to do it in person in a shop.

Here is an example:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samsung-galaxy-a30s-ram464gb-3-i499300901-s888790189.html?freeshipping=1&search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i42.44f2bdbbVXIoMN

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

I would go for one of the Samsung A series. Other than that, an OPPO.

I recently bought a Samsung for  6000 ish Baht. A little more than your budget, but it wasn't the cheapest model.

You might find a deal on Lazada, but to be honest, if I was buying a phone, I would prefer to do it in person in a shop.

Here is an example:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samsung-galaxy-a30s-ram464gb-3-i499300901-s888790189.html?freeshipping=1&search=1&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.i42.44f2bdbbVXIoMN

i agree, they will do all the change over, as well more than likely being genuine, you get to hold it and check it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norbra said:

Huawei Y6s reliable and superior camera to most of those already suggested.

3000 thb

poor battery, poor ppi, poor screen resolution, poor camera,  3 year old model, operating system android 9, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, norbra said:

Huawei Y6s reliable and superior camera to most of those already suggested.

3000 thb

I see, are you a professional photographer? 

How did you come to the conclusion it has a Superior camera? Did you gather all the brands together, take photos, print them out and then compare all with a magnifying glass? 

What a load of BS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jaiyenyen said:

Sorry to sound dense.....What's NFC?

Will it change my life for the better? ????

If you have to ask, you don't need it.

I'm a Xiaomi & POCO fan, should easily find one for 5000 baht.

Wife got this couple weeks back:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i3346650574-s12410338152.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

I pick this up last year or so:

• Like 2