Dumb question

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Women - find a gf. Pay her 10,000 a month. Cheaper than bargirls.

You could go to a building site , quite often Burmese Woman are there working , laying bricks and painting and things  , probably on about 12 000 Baht a month , you could look around and find a young pretty one and offer her a different job ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

You could go to a building site , quite often Burmese Woman are there working , laying bricks and painting and things  , probably on about 12 000 Baht a month , you could look around and find a young pretty one and offer her a different job ?

Good idea!

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Good idea!

I suspect that most of those have been scalped by the forces of evil.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gearbox said:

You can definitely go by with 40k, but what are you going to do up north for that long? I went a few years ago to Chiang Mai for 10 days, got bored to death, there is no ocean there.

Your money will last longer if you don't move that often, and rent by month at least.

400 baht guesthouses are ok. 12,000 baht a month.

Cm, nan say 3 weeks total then go laos

North and isaan rooms for 400 baht are pretty good.

Only bangkok and islands u need to pay 800 baht.

I could travel 4 months then relax last 1 or 2 months. Krabi has cheap rooms low season. Krabi town has very good food. 

31 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

True 300 baht a day plus room is doable. 

confirmed  i have my nice studio--tv fridge ac good bed  3500 about 115 a day

bike around daily--free----shop and cook my own food at local market

go out once a week to have some sangsom--100 baht a bottle....Premium SS

just set a 500 a day but mostly dont spend that in a day--- so 10k a month roughly

came here for cheap simple living like a local.....works fine for me....call me Loso....

3 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

confirmed  i have my nice studio--tv fridge ac good bed  3500 about 115 a day

bike around daily--free----shop and cook my own food at local market

go out once a week to have some sangsom--100 baht a bottle....Premium SS

just set a 500 a day but mostly dont spend that in a day--- so 10k a month roughly

came here for cheap simple living like a local.....works fine for me....call me Loso....

Sounds good

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This is such a theoretical and scary BS )

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

10,000 baht a month room

10,000 food n drinks

10,000 baht beer

Leaves 10,000 baht other

Maybe if i gave up beer be better

Women - find a gf. Pay her 10,000 a month. Cheaper than bargirls.

In hua hin 5,000 a month for room,and  a lot cheaper for food and drink,i will be kind and leave it at that,,

1 minute ago, grego49 said:

In hua hin 5,000 a month for room,and  a lot cheaper for food and drink,i will be kind and leave it at that,,

There's hundreds of furnished studios for 5,000 or less in Pattaya. You'd need to live in a virtual ghost town and have transport.

20 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Last time in HH i was bored after 2 days.  Nothing to do there plus nightlife isnt much.

-This to me sums up the would be-Cheap Charlie's dilemma: What the hell do you do all day in Thailand on low, low money?

Just drift around and wait to get hungry for your grade Z plate of pad thai later on? Go back to your shack of a room and work on really, really making that mosquito coil last? Try to strong arm some homely temple goer/masseuse into being your unpaid girlfriend?  Savor and make last that 7/11 beer on the steps outside?

Most of the happy people here are maintaining families, have stuff to do like keep up a farm, can afford to take little getaways and pursue interests like golf. A life spent like a bump on a log in in an Ubon guest house will make boring Hua Hin feel like Paris.

And who will exactly be befriending you? Not those people with actual lives described above, and not middling level Thai people -what's in it for them?

I'm moving to Thailand this fall. I'll get a student visa and do a program at Chunglakorn University. I'll do some kind of volunteer thing (with appropriate paper work), I'll learn Thai in a classroom setting and make some friends that way.

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

I'm moving to Thailand this fall. I'll get a student visa and do a program at Chunglakorn University. I'll do some kind of volunteer thing (with appropriate paper work), I'll learn Thai in a classroom setting and make some friends that way.

I like that idea. I speak some Thai but would like to read it.

My plan is twofold. 1. 6 month holiday with recon. 2. see if i can live there the following year.

Im not a dope or a drunk.

Just now, Sparktrader said:
14 hours ago, Nemises said:

40k is doable, but could be very boring. Need to have a car to keep on the move and exploring this fantastic county, meeting new girls etc. Variety is the spice of life. Good luck

University

50k is possible. 

To go to a proper Thai language school, you'll need to be in an expensive place where there are enough foreigners to justify them having the business. I did pop into a Thai language school in Ubon and found it pretty moribund.

You'll also want private lessons additionally if you ever want to move beyond menu reading. You'll also want to be able to have funds to socialize with your classmates; "drop me off at 7/11, can't do the happy hour" will be a downer.

Your plan to uplift a good looking masseuse who you communicate mostly via mime with a princely $300 a month for unlimited blow jobs is at least 30 years out of date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

To go to a proper Thai language school, you'll need to be in an expensive place where there are enough foreigners to justify them having the business. I did pop into a Thai language school in Ubon and found it pretty moribund.

You'll also want private lessons additionally if you ever want to move beyond menu reading. You'll also want to be able to have funds to socialize with your classmates; "drop me off at 7/11, can't do the happy hour" will be a downer.

Your plan to uplift a good looking masseuse who you communicate mostly via mime with a princely $300 a month for unlimited blow jobs is at least 30 years out of date.

Bangkok has 10,000 baht a month condos. Pattaya has plenty.

Unlimited bjs does sound good though

Uh,,, Uh,,, I don' understannnnnd is your typical passive aggressive dig just to remind people that you're here.

It is unrealistic forJoe Blow to pop off a plane and fall into a pittance-based love affair with a non-English speaker, unskilled former rice paddy peasant -as even a hectoring dullard like yourself can clearly surmise.

Time to pull a Britmantoo and put this MacMannus add-nothing, content free bore on ignore for good.

Edited by LaosLover

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Can anyone make sense of that ?

perfectly, I was mooching around the old Thermae Cafe more years than that ago. I yearn for the days when the urinal at the only entrance was the place to be and provided the perfect introduction for each new arrival walking in after soi cowboy closed. The occasional but real chance of finding a virgin sleeping in a quiet corner and giving her a place to sleep for the night and 500 in the morning. Or being followed home by a barely legal girl who wouldn't give up. It's still like that, right? Right?

Edited by ozimoron

1 minute ago, LaosLover said:

Uh,,, Uh,,, I don' understannnnnd is your typical passive aggressive dig just to remind people that you're here.

It is unrealistic forJoe Blow to pop off a plane and fall into a pittance-based love affair with a non-English speaker, unskilled former rice paddy peasant -as even a hectoring dullard like yourself can clearly surmise.

I feel in love with a skilled farm girl. Quite easy.