Many test positive for illicit drug use in another raid on pub in Bangkok

webfact

image.jpeg

Officers from the Youth and Women Welfare Centre raided a pub in Bangkok’s Bang Khun Thian district early this morning (Sunday) and found many packets of controlled narcotics scattered on the floor.

195 patrons were at the “77 Society Pub”, on Tha Kham Road, at the time of the raid at around 2am.  All were subjected to urine tests, in which 26 men and 37 women tested positive for illicit drugs. Three packets of Ketamine were also found in the possession of two customers.

The owner of the nightspot, Khomsan Dangchum, was held in police custody on multiple charges, including operating an entertainment venue without a license, selling alcohol after hours, violation of the emergency decree, illegal association, defying the order of the Bangkok communicable disease committee, not complying with health safety measures and allowing trading of narcotics on the premises.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/many-test-positive-for-illicit-drug-use-in-another-raid-on-pub-in-bangkok/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-06-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The owner of the nightspot, Khomsan Dangchum, was held in police custody on multiple charges, including operating an entertainment venue without a license, selling alcohol after hours, violation of the emergency decree, illegal association, defying the order of the Bangkok communicable disease committee, not complying with health safety measures and allowing trading of narcotics on the premises.

I wonder how many entertainment premises operate without licenses to do so or even have a license to sell alcohol?

Each one as we know pays a subscription to the RTB rent collectors.. why do they not check licenses at the same time?

[Rhetorical]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Says a lot about the type of foreign tourists that were there. 

Where does it say anything about tourists foreign or otherwise? All it actually says is "195 patrons were at the “77 Society Pub”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swm59nj said:

Says a lot about the type of foreign tourists that were there. 

You sound like one of those westerners that have moved to Thailand and in your imagination you've become Thai!! In turn turning on us dirty farang. I've met a few of you.  You'll be fleeced and on a flight home soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how many entertainment premises operate without licenses to do so or even have a license to sell alcohol?

Each one as we know pays a subscription to the RTB rent collectors.. why do they not check licenses at the same time?

[Rhetorical]

Same could be said for the ma and pa shops I guess. It is illegal for them to sell alcohol without a license. The license cost 330 baht/year for a retail outlet and is easily obtainable but most don't even bother , why ?   I guess either they can not be bothered or they know it is hardly ever enforced. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Excel said:

Same could be said for the ma and pa shops I guess. It is illegal for them to sell alcohol without a license. The license cost 330 baht/year for a retail outlet and is easily obtainable but most don't even bother , why ?   I guess either they can not be bothered or they know it is hardly ever enforced. 

I get your point but there's a big difference between a Mom & Pop shop which is retail [small scale only] and a bar/club that caters to many customers who sit in and eat/drink while listening to music.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I get your point but there's a big difference between a Mom & Pop shop which is retail [small scale only] and a bar/club that caters to many customers who sit in and eat/drink while listening to music.

Physically of course you are correct but breaking the law, or simply not following it is wrong irrespective of the size of the business concern. Of course we all know the RTP don't go after the ma and pa shops, not enough money flow to extort as opposed to the bigger concerns.

• Like 1