There’s a new generation of tourists visiting Hua Hin for health and wellness

webfact

image.jpeg

Mr. Vaipanya Kongkwanyuen, Chiva-Som General Manager

By Jonathan Fairfield

Earlier this year Thailand announced plans to lure more foreign tourists by aiming to establish itself as a leading destination for medical and wellness tourism. 

Promoting itself as a medical tourism hub is one of the key drivers of Thailand’s tourism industry in the post COVID-19 era. 

Hua Hin and Cha Am will be among the first locations in Thailand to be promoted as destinations for medical and wellness tourism.

If the plans prove successful, it could be a major boon for Thailand, and also Hua Hin and Cha Am in particular.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/theres-a-new-generation-of-tourists-visiting-hua-hin-for-health-and-wellness/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-06-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

I thought of bringing my 88 year-old mother to Thailand for one month, but the question was "where" and "what to do". Pottering about a wellness compound would be just up her street. Plus some thermal therapy for her aches. Is Hua Hin the right place for that in Thailand? I read somewhere about thermal baths somewhere in Krabi.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Hua Hin and Cha Am will be among the first locations in Thailand to be promoted as destinations for medical and wellness tourism.

So they gave up on Phuket being the hub of all things medical?

The blue rinse brigade need a quieter place to recover.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JackGats said:

I thought of bringing my 88 year-old mother to Thailand for one month, but the question was "where" and "what to do". Pottering about a wellness compound would be just up her street. Plus some thermal therapy for her aches. Is Hua Hin the right place for that in Thailand? I read somewhere about thermal baths somewhere in Krabi.

Ask your mother, at 88 years old she knows what she wants, God bless her!

• Like 1

A friends wife found a lump on her breast here in Hua Hin. The local hospital did a biopsy and they said non cancer.  She went back to Scotland a month later and got a second opinion.  And found it to be cancer.  So come at your own risk.