Preventive anti-insect measures?

What preventive anti-insect measures can be done and should be done in a new build or renovation?

I am renovating my condominium. Currently I have concrete floors and bare walls. Soon we will do MEP work and tiles and lots of other things.

And then a kitchen will be installed and a wardrobe, etc.

In my experience it doesn't take long before insects find all those dark and hidden places and like to make it their home. In some areas it is possible to clean and disinfect those dark areas. But in other areas like i.e. behind build in appliances or a big wardrobe it is very difficult to impossible to look behind them and clean and fight insects.

What are good measurements to fight against those insects?

What can be done in advance? 

I.e. does it make sense to put a small plastic hose along the wall and pump anti insect spray through it from time to time? Or paint those areas with some anti-insect material before installing a wardrobe?

It's my first big renovation and I have no idea what to do about those problems.

What did you do or what do you think in the hindsight you should have done?

You've reminded me, at my condo we have monthly spraying, usually round the corridors but will do in condos if you want for free, i usually decline the offer but next time I'll get them to do under the kitchen cupboards and side, no cockroaches but my gecko is getting annoying

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

You've reminded me, at my condo we have monthly spraying, usually round the corridors but will do in condos if you want for free, i usually decline the offer but next time I'll get them to do under the kitchen cupboards and side, no cockroaches but my gecko is getting annoying

I can live with geckos - cockroaches not so much.

They also do the spraying in my building and that is a good reminder that I should ask them to do this before I put any furniture inside.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They also do the spraying in my building and that is a good reminder that I should ask them to do this before I put any furniture inside.

Get a cat if you don't like roaches. 

Unfortunately, if your neighbor have them, all you can do is control them. 

Fortunately, if your neighbors don't have them, you don't have to worry, just keep your place clean. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My gecko just hangs round the toaster doesn't bother with mosquitoes, it prefers continental bread 

• Like 1