34-year-old motorbike rider dies after crashing into a truck in Sri Racha

snoop1130

286810132_562389131936308_7279710924777810292_n-696x323.jpg

PHOTO: ข่าวศรีราชาท้องถิ่น

A 34-year-old motorbike rider died after crashing into a truck’s rear in Sri Racha.

At 9 a.m. yesterday, June 12th, Nong Kham police responded to a fatal road accident in front of the Baan Lake Valley village on the Nong Khae – Bowin Road.

Police found a red Honda New PCX160 under the truck with the male casualty identified as Manop Puakchina, 39. The victim was reportedly killed on the spot.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/13/34-year-old-motorbike-rider-dies-after-crashing-into-a-truck-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, stereolab said:

It appears to me that vehicles here simply pull out of laybys, petrol stations, car parks at will, without any consideration for others, or indeed themselves.

They most certainly do.

The only thing that surprises me, is that there aren't even more fatalities in road traffic accidents.

The standard of driving and total lack of any sort of road sense is shocking.

I'm obviously, not saying 100% of  drivers on Thai roads are are the above...a hell of a lot are though unfortunately.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stereolab said:

It appears to me that vehicles here simply pull out of laybys, petrol stations, car parks at will, without any consideration for others, or indeed themselves.

Maybe they could get the 1-2% unemployed out there with whistles and flags to allow vehicle exits !

6 hours ago, stereolab said:

Yes they do so one would have thought that a motorcyclists would be very mindful o that as he approached a petrol station, unless of guess he was more impressed with the speed of his new PCX and through caution to the wind. 

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

So it would appear from the full article that the truck was pulling out of a gas station. The driver says he saw the motorcycle approaching and still pulled out assuming that the rider could have seen him. However, he heard a loud crash at the rear and found that the victim had passed away.

What more can one say about that accident except 'rider beware', never assume you have 'right of way'.

You likely know truck drivers here do not give way to smaller vehicles and mostly will continue once rolling... a motorcycle would be pretty much ignored. The truck appears to have been able to pull out completely and the bike still continued.....a PCX has pretty good brakes. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stereolab said:

Absolutely, this is Thailands way on the roads.

Vehicles pull-out in front of everyone, regardless of on-coming traffic, the assumption being they'll go around you, inside you, under you or hit you.

The choice is yours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You likely know truck drivers here do not give way to smaller vehicles and mostly will continue once rolling... a motorcycle would be pretty much ignored. The truck appears to have been able to pull out completely and the bike still continued.....a PCX has pretty good brakes. 

This accident is a prime example of why you will never see me riding in the narrow nearside shoulder. I ride in the middle of the nearside lane (unless I'm overtaking) to allow myself plenty of maneuvering room. And, traffic permitting, I will edge out a bit more when I see a vehicle coming up to a junction on the left, just in case. And my instinct has often paid off.

Yes, the truckie was doing what truckies (and many others) do. The motorcyclist really should have been more aware of what was going on around him instead of just blindly 'rushing home at a high speed after finishing his work'.

The truck driver saw the motorcyclist and pulled out, and it takes some time for these trucks to get out fully onto the road......the motorcyclist then runs into the back of the truck, which suggests the motorcyclist, at no time, even saw the truck.

Pound to a penny he was looking at his not so smart phone

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stereolab said:

RIP MATE ????????

Some of my road rules: Never trust anybody on the roads. Keep distances between vehicles more exaggerated than in home country. Never assume people will obey the rules, Never drive fast (except on open freeways and ONLY with zero traffic around you, always drive slower on local roads than you think is 'western-style' slow), don't drive small 'squishable' cars, never drive with booze in your system, I never (sadly cause I'd kinda like to do road trips of some distance) drive long-haul in this country the interprovincial roads are exponentially more dangerous.

Oh! ... and don't ride bikes.

Edited by Tropposurfer