Honda Lead 125, surprisingly roomy

digbeth

Haven't seen much mentioned here of the Honda Lead, despite the tiny rear wheel that's purposefully done to get the roomy underseat storage,

having tried one for size, the handlebar height and width fits bigger size person like us blokes better than various (not current year) Honda clicks or the typical Thai scooters, having no problem with handlebar hitting my knee unlike click or scoopy 

not sure if it's styled like the previous Sh150 and fits european rider better on purpose but it's a good alternative to PCX and doesn't cost as much 

not sure how the tiny rear wheel would handle with grocery loaded into that vast underbox and missus on pillion though 

Anyone here bought one? 

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

having no problem with handlebar hitting my knee unlike click or scoopy

What? the handlebar hitting your knee? ???? I guess I will not fit in what you are referring to by "us blokes with bigger size".

• Haha 1

Honda Lead is the most popular scooter in South and Central America and many other countries, going back 20 years..., it was just not sold here in Thailand until recently..., the ones sold here now are manufactured in Vietnam..., I was at Honda main shop in Phuket Town, they had truck loads of it coming and going, the guy said they become very popular..., I guess Thais just discovered it....!

Yes, the only draw back are those small wheels, and pot holes, it can handle the weight...

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

Honda Lead is the most popular scooter in South and Central America and many other countries, going back 20 years..., it was just not sold here in Thailand until recently..., the ones sold here now are manufactured in Vietnam..., I was at Honda main shop in Phuket Town, they had truck loads of it coming and going, the guy said they become very popular..., I guess Thais just discovered it....!

Yes, the only draw back are those small wheels, and pot holes, it can handle the weight...

The first 2 stroke ones were the first Japanese automatic scooters officially sold in Thailand too, but seem not to take hold

spacer.png