How many multi entry tourist visas

Hi

Is it  possible yet to get a METV (multi entry tourist visa) and of so can it be done online to the London embassy rather than in person, now that some of the consulate in the U.K. have been closed?

I normally stay in Thailand for around five months each year on a non o. However it’s total pain to get the two month extension plus I need re entry permits if I’m travelling which sometimes I have to. The METV would be far easier as it’s valid for six months I believe, with the option to extend for a few months

Also, I wondered if it’s a problem to get one of these each year for my 5 or 6 months there, or would I get a load of scrutiny so “why are you non using non o route” etc. 

thanks for any help. 

29 minutes ago, sureno said:

The METV would be far easier as it’s valid for six months I believe, with the option to extend for a few months

It allows you to stay 60 days per entry, and can be extended by 30 days. So for 5-6 months you would have to do a border run after 2 or 3 months. The validity of the visa itself is 6 months.

29 minutes ago, sureno said:

Also, I wondered if it’s a problem to get one of these each year for my 5 or 6 months there, or would I get a load of scrutiny so “why are you non using non o route” etc. 

From my experience from before Covid: No problem

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Thanks 1